User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
And Les? (who's still technically a moderator of this board, apparently) She was a significant contributor to the Blue Letter Archives.
Lesley moved on. She was the one who told me about Barb.

So many gone . . . so many new generations . . . we have always been a storm.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nobody except David and Tiffany (EnchantedSLN...whatever happened to her...she was great) would know who I am...but i've been a lurker since right after the dance tour and right before the enchanted tour.

I can remember the old old ledge and I remember all the chaos that broke out with the black ledge etc etc. I was in 7th grade!!!!

I started checking these boards right before the enchanted box set/tour launched. I originally posted on alt.musis.fleetwood mac when it was easy to access on AOL before I even had found the ledge. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing daves posts on alt.music.fleetwood mac quite a while before I found the ledge.

Speaking of people....does anyone know what happened to Michelle Bidwell who lived around/near syracuse new york. I traded cassettes with her for a long time, she was a great trader friend to have. I have no idea whatever happened to her.

I also remember...somebody...somewhere...used to send me like a mailing every month with all sorts of stevie and fleetwood mac collectables. Thats all they sold and it was old school style xerox list of stuff. I think I remember the name...Barbara...Brian....Ben?? It's been sooo long. Somone told me it was a little tiny business in a strip mall or something somewhere. wow those were the days.

There was also a website that used to put out a stevie calendar and they also had a ton of promo photos etc for sale. I think they used to post here from time to time and update everyone on new stock etc. The last I remember hearing from them was around 2001 because I think they had some of those promo lyric books with the parchment paper cover. I actually got one of those for free by e-mailing some promo guy at warner brothers. Fat chance in heck that would happen now.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

I also remember...somebody...somewhere...used to send me like a mailing every month with all sorts of stevie and fleetwood mac collectables. Thats all they sold and it was old school style xerox list of stuff. I think I remember the name...Barbara...Brian....Ben?? It's been sooo long. Somone told me it was a little tiny business in a strip mall or something somewhere. wow those were the days.
George Kane - Treasured Tracs and Images. He used to live here in Austin, but now lives on the east coast. He has a store on ebay.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

holey crap...yep thats it. George Kane! Does he still sell mac/stevie stuff or a different business venture now?

wow...blast from the past.

He had all the street angel era maxi cassette singles and the timespace posters etc etc.

I don't know how I ever got on his list but I remember it really well. It was in really tiny print and it always looked like a 10th generation photocopy
Old 01-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

EQS Music....that was the other website vendor I was thinking of. They had promo photos galore and all sorts of goodies.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
holey crap...yep thats it. George Kane! Does he still sell mac/stevie stuff or a different business venture now?

wow...blast from the past.

He had all the street angel era maxi cassette singles and the timespace posters etc etc.

I don't know how I ever got on his list but I remember it really well. It was in really tiny print and it always looked like a 10th generation photocopy
Here's his ebay store:

http://stores.ebay.com/TreasuredTrac...sxQ3asstQQtZkm
Old 01-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
EQS Music....that was the other website vendor I was thinking of. They had promo photos galore and all sorts of goodies.
once upon a time the Penguin, Cyberpenguin as it was called, had a bootleg trading post. They took it down when they tried to become the official FM site I think. I think I bought one from there just so I could hear some old rumours era songs. This was all at the dawn of the modern internet and MP3s were around, but so were 56k modems, realistically 28.8k, and nobody had the connection to download a 4MB song.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I was lurking around mid to late 2000 I think...didnt join until Stevie's TISL came out. I dont remember many of these names. Can't believe the Ledge has been around for over 10 years!
Old 01-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
. . . we have always been a storm.
absolutely true!
Old 01-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember the penguin photo gallery. They had all those awesome black and white shots from the '75 tour for like 8-10 bucks a shot. I was a FOOL for not ordering any.

I also remember...Purple Moon?
Is that website even up anymore? I believe they were a husband and wife team who started photographing the grateful dead and then did a ton of stevie shows and maybe a few mac shows in 03. They had a lot of shots for sale from the house of blues / sun theatre shows in 99. Wow that was ten years ago!!
Old 01-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhiannon View Post
Hey Lauren! Yes! I'm going to the show here in Tulsa! It's the first time they've been here...we've got the new BOK center and I am so excited! How are you????
Hey Brenda! yeah on the show! that's awesome :-)

no, I don't have a ticket yet. am waiting for a good seat and hoping they release some closer to show time. I can't really shell out the $$$ at this point to sit really far back so we'll see! I hope I can go though- will keep you updated!

Hi Chili :-)

Les- I forgot about Les! she had an LB site too- is that still around?
Old 01-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I remember the penguin photo gallery. They had all those awesome black and white shots from the '75 tour for like 8-10 bucks a shot. I was a FOOL for not ordering any.
I purchased one- I bet I still have it somewhere- it was a beautiful photo! I think I got the one of Stevie/Lindsey singing "Angel" but it was during Tusk tour.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
once upon a time the Penguin, Cyberpenguin as it was called, had a bootleg trading post. They took it down when they tried to become the official FM site I think. I think I bought one from there just so I could hear some old rumours era songs. This was all at the dawn of the modern internet and MP3s were around, but so were 56k modems, realistically 28.8k, and nobody had the connection to download a 4MB song.
yup! I remember ordering a bunch of VHS tapes from Marty- I was SOOOO excited when they came-still have them all in a box. Did you get some too?
Old 01-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wasn't a member here, but in those days I used to read and occasionally contribute to the Fleetwood Mac usenet group. I think it was called alt.music.fleetwoodmac and it was a flourishing place at the time.

I really, really wish that newsgroup wasn't dead. I really prefer usenet as a place for discussion. The absence of annoying, jumping, blinking smilies makes such a difference.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I bought stuff from George Kane! WOw that was like 10 years ago! Man how time flies. I also remember from ALT.MUSIC.FLEETWOODMAC a huge flame war over who was better, Fleetwood Mac or Grand Funk Railroad. Now that was ugly. Anyone else remember that?