Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-22-2008, 05:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default RANDOM w/ a capitol "R"!

So a good friend of mine brings me over 800 cd's to go thru. God Bless him, everytime he gets a new batch of stuff (he buys at auctions and estate sales) he gives me a first look. In going thru all the cd's I find some cool SN stuff. Almost all of the cd's were promo singles by everyband you could imagine.
When all the cd's were over he tells me that there are some dvd's as well. Among the dvd's was the Buck Rogers Televison Series Box Set. Now for you youngsters...stop reading, you'll get none of my "just" here. But back in 79 (???) when this piece of crap series came out, it was the "shi*" in our household. Mom, a big sci-fi fan was all about Gil Gerard in this new series.
Watching the pilot dvd brought back a lot of memories. Series for TV in the late 70's early 80's was something of a production then. Looking back, I reiterate it was crappy tv, but I guess in that sense nothing has changed much.
MY POINT....the lead song, "Suspension" I've had stuck in my gd head for 5 days now. It's the most LAME monotone sung song in history. Bad everything. I find it's by "Kip Lennon." I pray he has no relation to John. haha. I wonder how this tardlett got a contract, who the hell he is, and how this must have been his big break. Yea, so he's the singer w/ "Venice" a band Stevie once sang with. That 5 live track cd I have that I'm actually quite fond of. Wow...really?
Yea, long post, but it's 2a.m. I can't sleep cause I've been sick, and that's all I've been doing, and worst of all....I HAVE THIS DAMN song in my head. Now I'm really perturbed. Please shoot me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 02-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to watch this show, I was I guess 8 or 9 years old at the time. I don't remember many of the plot details of each episode as I wasn't an obsessive fan- I do remember the 'movie' though (was it a made-for-tv movie, or a film release?). Anyway, the vivid memories were of Gil Gerard stuffed into a skin-tight futuristic space outift, Erin Grey stuffed into an even more skin-tight outift (how did the censors not notice how visible her femininity was in that white lycra outfit?), and the almost-too-gorgeous Pamela Hensley as Princess Ardala. Remember her slaves/bodyguards, Tiger-Man and Panther-Man?

The only theme I remember was the closing credits that went something like "Far..beyond..the world I know, far...beyond..my time. Where am I, who am I etc etc".

Old 02-23-2008, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, and back to Princess Ardala, who knew that in the 25th century women would still be wearing Diane Von Furstenberg inspired 'wrap' dresses? In burgandy, no less? Was the Princess headed to Studio 54 to meet Halston, Liza and Bianca?
Old 02-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LMAO! For sure. I mean for being set in the "future" it was very late 70's early 80's Studio 54 indeed. Agggh, yes, those lyrics you typed is the same guilty song. It's still in my head. Must be part of the fever flu going around. haha.
(and in hindsight, this was an ok show...it was just funny reliving that first episode...the more into the box set I've gone it's kinda becoming fun....but THAT SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 02-24-2008, 04:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
So a good friend of mine brings me over 800 cd's to go thru. God Bless him, everytime he gets a new batch of stuff (he buys at auctions and estate sales) he gives me a first look. In going thru all the cd's I find some cool SN stuff. Almost all of the cd's were promo singles by everyband you could imagine.
When all the cd's were over he tells me that there are some dvd's as well. Among the dvd's was the Buck Rogers Televison Series Box Set. Now for you youngsters...stop reading, you'll get none of my "just" here. But back in 79 (???) when this piece of crap series came out, it was the "shi*" in our household. Mom, a big sci-fi fan was all about Gil Gerard in this new series.
Watching the pilot dvd brought back a lot of memories. Series for TV in the late 70's early 80's was something of a production then. Looking back, I reiterate it was crappy tv, but I guess in that sense nothing has changed much.
MY POINT....the lead song, "Suspension" I've had stuck in my gd head for 5 days now. It's the most LAME monotone sung song in history. Bad everything. I find it's by "Kip Lennon." I pray he has no relation to John. haha. I wonder how this tardlett got a contract, who the hell he is, and how this must have been his big break. Yea, so he's the singer w/ "Venice" a band Stevie once sang with. That 5 live track cd I have that I'm actually quite fond of. Wow...really?
Yea, long post, but it's 2a.m. I can't sleep cause I've been sick, and that's all I've been doing, and worst of all....I HAVE THIS DAMN song in my head. Now I'm really perturbed. Please shoot me.

Bidi Bidi Bidi