Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-22-2004, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
[B]Your own words, dude:

Did you ever get the feeling you're outmatched? Because, frankly, this is ridiculous. You accuse me of saying things I didn't say, then you deny you said things that you did say. Perhaps you should quit.
as

as you would say go back and see the post i was replying to,, i was referring to what was previously suggested. it was suggested that stevie was the one who pulled the songs, then someone else suggested, are you sure it was stevie who pulled them,? (suggesting it was lindsey who rejected them) so i stated, then why would lindsey if he was the one who rejected them why would he bother on syw to record those same songs...in other words if stevie just left these demos for lindsey to go thru, and he had previously rejected them , why would he go to the bother of recording and mixing them? because he was not the one who rejected ? i suggest you go back and re read as well, sometimes you have to read they post and the reply, you have picked out responses and not quoted the original post.

as for meeting my match,,, i dont think so,,,,as for me stating things and then later denying them , not me,,,, look at you ,,, you make implications, and then ask to be quoted , :where did i say that:,,, well implications that represent a negative light, usually imply just that a negative suggestion, because if it were positive , there would be no need to imply it in that manner,,,,,,.

maybe you met your match and you should quit,,,

well anyway im not arguing here, and im only responding to you , when you require an answer, just like you stated to me earlier. if you dont want to respond anymore , thats fine, but i will respond where i see fit....

but again, i need to rest, therefore i must be tired!!!
Old 03-22-2004, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[B]As much as it pains me to agree, you're on to something there.

Well, this isn't mere critical approval. These songs were selected by people who aren't mere critics. And that makes a difference.

Lindsey has done better stuff than Go Your Own Way, but, man, that song has stood the test of time and it never gets tired.
"these songs were selected by people who arent mere critics, and that makes a difference, ?

Still its just a matter of "their" opinion. as for gyow, never getting tired. altho i love that song, im sure some on this list will have a difference of opinion about that. some even stating that they remove it from the set list.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, you're sure? How can you be sure? You don't even remember what you said three posts back, how can you be sure of what I'm going to say?

because you are predictible.

like i stated before, go back and read the original posts that i have responded to , then you will understand whyi said what i said in the post.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
Since I can’t sleep:

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Good points made by all. But, in the end, I know those concert numbers of Stevie's shows are not an accurate depiction of the shows I attended - they are not even close. I know this for a fact because some of those shows were sold out and no tickets could be bought - I was there I tried
That’s what I’m interested in. Is the eventual number counted out of ticket stubs or something else? If it’s the stubs then it’s very interesting as of why some of the shows would be sold out and then a lot of people wouldn’t attend them anyway. Do they give that much tickets to various companies and then no one working there is interested in going? Which came first, the chicken or the egg? When will you stop criticizing Lindsey because of his tortured artist pretentiousness? Does the sun revolve around the moon or not? To be or not to be?

My basic point here is that although Stevie is the biggest single draw in the band on her own, her solo tours seem to be considered secondary for many. That explains the low attendance of the Enchanted tour because it was done very quickly after the Dance. TISL had higher attendance but that was because FM hadn’t been out there for a while and there was no guarantee that they’d tour anymore.

‘S all just in my twisted mind.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 03-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by face of glass
That’s what I’m interested in. Is the eventual number counted out of ticket stubs or something else? If it’s the stubs then it’s very interesting as of why some of the shows would be sold out and then a lot of people wouldn’t attend them anyway. Do they give that much tickets to various companies and then no
Pollstar's gotta be reliable just in terms of basic data, unless there's a clerk somewhere tampering with the stats. (Maybe it happened in Florida.)

But there is an occasional inaccuracy in the Pollstar information, like saying Glenn Frey opened for Fleetwood Mac in Los Angeles. That was Dave Mason & Jim Crapulent. Also, many of the concert appearances themselves are missing from those Pollstar pages.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by teedee
you stated, "lindsey lost money, can you imagine stevie agreeing to lose money"
What I actually said: "As I recall, he lost money on that tour. Imagine Stevie actually agreeing to lose money on a tour." And you can twist that statement however you like, but it still won't make it a negative statement.

Quote:
if you are asking it as a simple question, no i dont see stevie agreeing to go on the road to lose money, that makes no sense what so ever.
You are the arbiter of what makes sense now? Perhaps I should quote back to you some of the run-on nonsensical stuff you keep posting.

Quote:
if lindsey chose to do that knowing he would lose money then thats his mistake .
Why is it a mistake? He chose to do a small-club tour with a large band. He knew what he was doing. He most likely knew that it would break even at best.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
So don't act like any idiot can tell Lindsey's stuff is better. I am sure there are a lot of people on this board that would disagree.
I most certainly don't act like any idiot can tell Lindsey's stuff is better. I'm sure a lot of idiots can't.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by diamondsnake
What the hell does that have to do with the quality of Lindsey's SYW songs?
Was there a rule that I was only supposed to refer to SYW songs on this thread? I must have missed it.
Old 03-22-2004, 10:05 PM

Quote:
as you would say go back and see the post i was replying to,, i was referring to what was previously suggested.
I don't think I need to go back and re-read anything. You asked why Lindsey "asked" for certain songs, then after I responded, you said you never said he "asked" for songs. You're wrong, and I proved it. That's the end of this particular story.

As for this:

Quote:
it was suggested that stevie was the one who pulled the songs, then someone else suggested, are you sure it was stevie who pulled them,? (suggesting it was lindsey who rejected them) so i stated, then why would lindsey if he was the one who rejected them why would he bother on syw to record those same songs...in other words if stevie just left these demos for lindsey to go thru, and he had previously rejected them , why would he go to the bother of recording and mixing them? because he was not the one who rejected ? i suggest you go back and re read as well, sometimes you have to read they post and the reply, you have picked out responses and not quoted the original post.
You lost me again.

Quote:
as for meeting my match,,, i dont think so
You're quite right. What I suggested was you're outmatched. Go back and read it. You just proved it again.

Quote:
,,,,as for me stating things and then later denying them , not me,,,, look at you ,,, you make implications, and then ask to be quoted , :where did i say that:,,, well implications that represent a negative light, usually imply just that a negative suggestion, because if it were positive , there would be no need to imply it in that manner,,,,,,.
What are the repetitive commas supposed to represent? This is a new one to me.

Quote:
maybe you met your match and you should quit,,,
Wishing don't make it so (imperfect grammar intended).
Old 03-22-2004, 10:06 PM

Quote:

Still its just a matter of "their" opinion. as for gyow, never getting tired. altho i love that song, im sure some on this list will have a difference of opinion about that. some even stating that they remove it from the set list.
Some who on what list? Did I miss something here?
Old 03-22-2004, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[B]I don't think I need to go back and re-read anything. You asked why Lindsey "asked" for certain songs, then after I responded, you said you never said he "asked" for songs. You're wrong, and I proved it. That's the end of this particular story.

As for this:

[b]

You lost me again.

[b]

You're quite right. What I suggested was you're outmatched. Go back and read it. You just proved it again.

[b]

yes you do need to go back and re read the post.. to see what it was in reference to

this is a chat board , not an english class or a typing class,
please, get a grip. since you are so above us , why do you even bother then... you are too funny, ill give you that, but like i said before you are so predictible and now its become boring. i think we should chat about the band now dont you. are you through yet.,,,,,,?
Old 03-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
That wasn't even the conversation.
Oh sorry diss , I misunderstood.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 03-22-2004, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[B]I don't think I need to go back and re-read anything. You asked why Lindsey "asked" for certain songs, then after I responded, you said you never said he "asked" for songs. You're wrong, and I proved it. That's the end of this particular story.

As for this:

[b]

You lost me again.

[b]

[b]

its a running trend with you, everytime you fail to answer a ???? (question) you make a big deal to bring up grammar, yeah keep taking the convo (conversation) off of the band.

this really is a waste of my time,,,,,,
Old 03-22-2004, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Some who on what list? Did I miss something here?

yeah keep up!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:55 PM

Quote:

this really is a waste of my time,,,,,,
Problem is, you're wasting my time too.