The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know, but I would think we'd get the complete interview. Loved what he said about not knowing his own name by the time the last child graduated.

I thought he might play something for them, even an acoustic version of SWS maybe.

Anyway, it sounds like he had a few really interesting answers that we haven't heard before.

Michele
Old 04-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't know, but I would think we'd get the complete interview.
ASCAP will be selling it after May 5th (webstream). also sara bareilles pre-interview is up on ASCAP youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekvqv...&feature=share) - talking about LB's influence on music and current relevance, and her nervousness about interviewing him. i suspect/hope his pre-interview will be up too.

Quote:
Loved what he said about not knowing his own name by the time the last child graduated.
i thought of truefaith's interpretation of End of time after reading that quote. maybe he's really taking the stock somehow although he's way too young and vital for that. either way it's a good self-depricating line.

Quote:
I thought he might play something for them, even an acoustic version of SWS maybe.
thought that he would too, but several people who were there told me he didn't.

Quote:
Anyway, it sounds like he had a few really interesting answers that we haven't heard before.
yes, all the young and up-and-coming songwriters live-tweeting from there thought it was great interview, and raved about even just being in the same room with him.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
ASCAP will be selling it after May 5th (webstream).
Selling? Yikes. Well, at least we'll be able to get it. Thanks for the updates.

Michele
Old 04-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah, all those quotes are great! Love the bit about his children and sounded like there were a few of the typical answers (excercise in denial, I'm looking at you!) but also some new and potentially interesting ones.

I'm really looking forward to this. So we have to pay to watch it? Via a webstream? Kind of strange but oh well haha.

Edit: Wait.. so now, Stevie wanted them to be a duo? That's a new one to me. Goodness gracious this story is ever-changing.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
So we have to pay to watch it? Via a webstream? Kind of strange but oh well haha.
that's my understanding at least. here's the text (don't think you can pick the access to a certain panel only, seems that it's all or nothing access - and i have no idea what is the ballpark):

Missed the ASCAP EXPO? Watch EXPO Panels at Home!
by Jon B April 30. 2011 11:00 AM
http://wecreatemusic.ascap.com/expo/...-at-Home!.aspx
Missed the ASCAP EXPO? Watch EXPO Panels at Home!

This Year's ASCAP "I Create Music" EXPO was our most exciting yet. The panels and speakers were inspiring, informative and action-packed. We wish every single music creator could join us for the EXPO, it's that great.

If you couldn't be in LA with us, for the first time we are giving you the ability to watch the EXPO at home! All of the EXPO panels - nearly 50 panels, which is 60 hours of content - are available to stream online. By purchasing Online EXPO Panel Video Access, you will get to view the panels at your leisure from any computer. The videos will be viewable until the end of 2011.

Learn from the biggest names in music; great advice, tools, wisdom and keys to success are found across all of these excellent videos. Every genre and topic in music is covered at the EXPO. The EXPO Videos are a great investment in the advancement of your career in music. Hopefully you'll get to be there in person with us next year to along with the over 2,000 music creators, but in the meantime watch the 2010 EXPO.

Check Back on May 5th to Purchase!
Old 04-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Edit: Wait.. so now, Stevie wanted them to be a duo? That's a new one to me. Goodness gracious this story is ever-changing.
Yeah. I'm guessing she must have said that to him when they were in Fritz. Let's dump these other guys and be Phil and Don Everly!

Michele
Old 04-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah. I'm guessing she must have said that to him when they were in Fritz. Let's dump these other guys and be Phil and Don Everly!

Michele
So much for the LA recruiter people wanting Lindsey solo but knowing he wouldn't leave Stevie, huh?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
I was surprised he said that. I don't recall knowing it was Stevie who wanted to be a duo. But, a big THANKS to Stevie for pushing the guy!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I was surprised he said that. I don't recall knowing it was Stevie who wanted to be a duo. But, a big THANKS to Stevie for pushing the guy!
Maybe that also is the basis for her belief that he doesn't like writing lyrics.

It's hard for me to believe that he never wanted to create his own guitar riffs though. Did he just want to play someone else's music for the rest of his life?

And how come Stevie never mentioned her pushing them into becoming a duo? Miss Sequencing is not exactly shy about taking credit for all kinds of things. Michele
Old 05-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe that also is the basis for her belief that he doesn't like writing lyrics.

It's hard for me to believe that he never wanted to create his own guitar riffs though. Did he just want to play someone else's music for the rest of his life?

And how come Stevie never mentioned her pushing them into becoming a duo? Miss Sequencing is not exactly shy about taking credit for all kinds of things. Michele
Above all else, they need to get together just to go over their notes on the "story of our life" to either keep us forever confused/enthralled/wanting more.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 05-01-2011, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Above all else, they need to get together just to go over their notes on the "story of our life" to either keep us forever confused/enthralled/wanting more.
A joint autobiography would be the answer - at least we'd just have the one version then
Old 05-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

True! This is a he said/she said moment, I'm guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Ha! Reminds me of the SYW interview when Stevie said Lindsey left the band in '83 and he corrected her and said, '87 and she said "Honey, it was '83." and he corrected her again and finally she just said, "Hell, I can't remember!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
A joint autobiography would be the answer - at least we'd just have the one version then
Well, they'd never get out of that room alive!
Old 05-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He def. needs a haircut

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It just reminds me of all the things I take to be true just because Stevie has said them for decades and repeatedly. Lindsey has never spoken to much of that stuff. He has his own version of events. Many times people will think that the fact that he never denies them must mean Stevie's version is true, but I don't think he even considers the subject matter that much. He doesn't harp on the same things that she does. She's retells the Aspen fight, while he is more concerned about saying again and again how they made him use a pic when he first joined the band.

They keep different memories at the forefront of their minds, so he doesn't even know what she has said that he has to deny and Stevie isn't saying most of these things to his face. It's mostly in solo interviews.

I think it's funny that even when they tell the story of their meeting Lndsey says that she considered herself a poet even then and she shared some of her stuff with him and he critiqued it and he added with a smirk, "that hasn't changed." Stevie doesn't talk about that part of it in her California Dreaming story.

Yes, we do need a joint book from them, but maybe they shouldn't write it together. They should both be given the same chronological outline and be told to write about the same events separately. It would really be fun to see what we get.

I love Anne Morrow Lindbergh's diaries, but I especially love War Within and Without and I compare it to her husband's diary for the same time period. When they both made diary entries on the same day for WW2, it is wonderful to read the passages side by side and to see what each thought was important for that particular day.

Michele
Old 05-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It just reminds me of all the things I take to be true just because Stevie has said them for decades and repeatedly. Lindsey has never spoken to much of that stuff. He has his own version of events. Many times people will think that the fact that he never denies them must mean Stevie's version is true, but I don't think he even considers the subject matter that much. He doesn't harp on the same things that she does. She's retells the Aspen fight, while he is more concerned about saying again and again how they made him use a pic when he first joined the band.

They keep different memories at the forefront of their minds, so he doesn't even know what she has said that he has to deny and Stevie isn't saying most of these things to his face. It's mostly in solo interviews.

I think it's funny that even when they tell the story of their meeting Lndsey says that she considered herself a poet even then and she shared some of her stuff with him and he critiqued it and he added with a smirk, "that hasn't changed." Stevie doesn't talk about that part of it in her California Dreaming story.

Yes, we do need a joint book from them, but maybe they shouldn't write it together. They should both be given the same chronological outline and be told to write about the same events separately. It would really be fun to see what we get. I love Anne Morrow Lindbergh's diaries, but I especially love War Within and Without and I compare it to her husband's diary for the same time period. When they both made diary entries on the same day for WW2, it is wonderful to read the passages side by side and to see what each thought was important for that particular day.

Michele
THAT would be brilliant!!