User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cour View Post
That's the face I made when I saw your name pop up all of a sudden.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
That's the face I made when I saw your name pop up all of a sudden.

I'm touched!
Old 10-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I have thought, and will always think, LB is the one who could not let go of La Nicks. I think he has chased her since 1977. I get that he dated other girls, but I think even when he hated her after TITN, he still was scheming in some manner to get her back. Then, he got her back during The Dance and she was unable to deal with his mania and the fact that K got pregnant. I think that after K got pregnant, LB tried to behave, but could not. Now, naybe he is behaving. But, the question is for how long? And, this has more to do with his obsession over La Nicks than any actions by her to facilitate that.

Just my $0.02
I'll see your two cents and raise you a DOLLAR!! Isnt it nice when we agree?
Old 10-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For the Record: I believe Lindsey loves his kids and LOVES being a dad. He may even believe Kristen has facilitated some sense of stability in his life and is grateful to her for it. Thats a pretty important contribution to someone's life, and Kristen deserves credit for helping Lindsey achieve one of his goals (to be a dad). As for the liner notes, no one would argue that Kristen and the kids ARE Lindsey's world.

That said, I still say that the man wouldnt have to KEEP on saying goodbye to something he supposedly didnt care about.....and then, his inexplicable bit about "mourning" when introducing Cast Away Dreams? The two of them can dance around the truth all they want to, but it isnt going away, and I agree with Jason, I think Lindsey cant help how he FEELS. He may intellectualize that he SHOULDNT Love Stevie, that he HAS moved on, but my money says he's repressing his true feelings and I suspect he's a pretty conflicted man where Stevie's concerned. Of course, this is only my opinion, but I think people dont change too radically, and Lindsey's had every other relationship crumble because of the "spectre of Stevie". Ultimately, only time will tell.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think it is way too sappy for me and the lyrics are trite.

I can't really say that I am a fan of the song myself. To be honest I think that there are only 2 songs that I like on the CD.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it is silly that people get all up in arms about other people discussing their relationship or lack thereof when they themselves do it all of the time.
Actually, personally, I do not think one way or the other about the S&L relationship past, present or future. And certainly thoughts don't occur to me of who Lindsey may have a boner for, why he may have one for them, nor do I predict if he is planning to do something about it.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
I can't really say that I am a fan of the song myself. To be honest I think that there are only 2 songs that I like on the CD.

I love the album but agree with Jason about It Was You. The lyrics are extremely trite, IMO. The sentiment about the children is beautiful but the rest of the song sounds so calculated to me. Just my opinion and I am sure most will disagree.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 10-12-2006, 06:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I love the album but agree with Jason about It Was You. The lyrics are extremely trite, IMO. The sentiment about the children is beautiful but the rest of the song sounds so calculated to me. Just my opinion and I am sure most will disagree.
on the bright side, I think its a safe bet it wont be clogging up the airwaves anytime soon
Old 10-12-2006, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl View Post
on the bright side, I think its a safe bet it wont be clogging up the airwaves anytime soon

It does not flow with the other songs at all. Deep, dark, moody, intense lyrics and then bam, in your face with this poppy overly sappy tune.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 10-12-2006, 07:51 AM
MoonChilde

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
And certainly thoughts don't occur to me of who Lindsey may have a boner for, why he may have one for them, nor do I predict if he is planning to do something about it.

Well just to let ya know.Its me he's thinking about.. and if we ever get in the same place.you bet your bootie he will be doing something about it..(with it).
Old 10-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
It Was You -
definitely has nothing to do with Stevie Nicks.
This is clearly a song that just celebrates the very cool "thing" you go through when you wake up one day and realize how amazing the kids you create are.
And how that all relates to the relationship that produced the children.

I think it's a little creepy when fans continue to create this mystique between Lindsey and Stevie. They broke up 30 years ago and Lindsey has had many girlfriends since then. Sure they have a history together that shows itself when they record and tour - but come on people, this guy is clearly in love with his wife and kids. Let him celebrate that without it having to relate back to Stevie Nicks. Time has marched on and thankfully Lindsey has continued to grow with time, rather then get stuck in some creepy time warp in the late 70's. I love these new songs and I honestly think they have very little to do with Stevie Nicks. To me they clearly show the whole struggle between work and kids. Something that most artists (that have kids) go through all the time.

YAY!!!!!!!! Very well put!! I'm glad it was said.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Although Lindsey has certainly moved on in his personal life, there are a few songs on the new album that sound as if he hasn't really moved on musically. There are some gems like "Someone's Got to Change Your Mind", "Shut Us Down", "I am Waiting", "Down on Rodeo", all Lindsey-esque songs that are shining examples of the quirky luciousness of Buckingham's unique style; however....

"It Was You" and "Try For the Sun", plus a few other tunes on that CD, evoke an faded "Tusk" bizareness, brimming with incoherent, echo, multilayered vocals that turn the sound to mush. Since it's being discussed in this thread, "It Was You" isn't very inspired, despite the family and child who inspired the words. I agree with those above, they are trite. I adored "Tusk". With the exception of a few tunes that bored me, I loved the album from the day it was released...it was (and is) like candy to me. But Lindsey needs to burst out of his sameness...the frenetic finger picking...the experimentation. Of course pushing envelopes the way LB has provides interesting music, but the experimentation on some of these new tracks dip into an old experiment - from 1979. LB's music lives beautifically when it balanced between his wonderful manical quirks, snappy lead solo that hits a nice hook or with lush guitar and singular vocals/harmonies. He did that with "My Little Demon" and "Bleed to Love Her'. Both songs were odd, but melodically gorgeous, with words that brought forth his emotions articulately. Also, the listener is rewarded with incredible choruses that hold delectible harmonies. Those examples show Linds living in that dream like state between sleep and wakefulness...or bizarre and sublime. He kind of misses it with some of the songs on Under the Skin.

I can't wait for the next album he has on deck - the louder one!

Last edited by Boots; 10-12-2006 at 11:45 AM..
Old 10-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie View Post
I'm dyin' here! And now maybe a little depressed! A nail in the S&L coffin? Anyone have lyrics to post yet?
Seriously?? I know it makes me sad...because in 1997 I was the BIGGEST shipper ever.

But I have given up on that long ago. It will never ever ever happen. Never.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Regarding Stevie and Lindsey. I start to wonder how real it all was. In the end...they went out a very short time and it was only dragged on because of the media for the most part and maybe a lot of drugs and alcohol.

The Dance was even bigger than it could have been because I believe a LOT of people, like me, saw something between Stevie and Lindsey. It was so hot to see them on stage and learn of their history. Their "love hate" relationship sold tickets.

But, though it breaks my heart, it was fake. It was all fake. They haven't considered each other in ages. They just played a game to sell tickets.

They are completely different people. Look who he married and look at Stevie...he didn't want Stevie at all.

It sucks...because I loved that magic but now I realize it's just fake. Oh well.

( but a tiny little part of me STILL wishes Stevie would release a bio and just admit that those two were all over each other until he met Kristin...LOL)
Old 10-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think we need to start considering WHEN the songs were written and done a little more.

SGCYM and DoR were written .. most likely.. wayyy before Show You How and It Was You, which share some characteristics to my ear. I am Waiting and TTFTS were recorded way before too. Shut Us Down.. no idea when that was actually written, but I'd guess it was around the Elizabethtown time since it's a co-write. So.. that leaves us with Not Too Late, Under the Skin, CAD, and Juniper.. which all have a very similar feeling, imo.

Truth be told, as much as I love SGCYM and DoR, I find myself skipping over them now because they don't fit the "feeling flow" and sound of the album. GoS didn't happen and I'm sad about that.. because had his SYW tracks been combined with some of the GoS demos, that would have been one hell of an album, but it didn't happen, and now, to my ear, SGCYM and DoR are a bit out of place. For the first.. oh.. 15 album listens, I was glad they're there. Now, 20+ listens later, they just don't match up at all for me.

Analyzing this album all as "one piece" and one idea does not make a lick of sense because we know it's been in the works forever and ever. And I think it's REALLY, REALLY unfair to say that SGCYM and DoR are the "gems" because it sounds most like what we've already heard! We're just USED to them because we've had them on the village recorder and GoS demos forever.

I still love them, but just like the SYW stuff, quite frankly, I'm over it in the "new" feeling way. And if the new acoustic bits are what Lindsey wants to represent where he's going now, fine by me, he's got my attention. We're always holding up the banner of "ohh our Lindsey is so inventive and new" then when he actually DOES something pretty different for himself we want to call the recycled stuff we've already heard the only gem. That makes the temperature of my fan blood start to rise a bit. Maybe not boil, but rise, definitely.

And back on topic of It Was You, it almost sounds Mirage to me. I love the harmonies that are buried in the chorus. Are the Law and Order songs trite? Excuse the man for making a shorty. I find it to be a shining moment of happiness on a cd otherwise filled with tones of sadness, despair, and search for hope. This is a reflection of his life, and it's the only window he REALLY gives us to look at it. Trite is just offensive, regardless of who likes the song or doesn't.