User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-17-2017, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I can appreciate it was a very stressful situation and don't blame him for feeling angry - but wow was he mad! I was just doing the usual, and highlighting that they both have their issues. Great to hear about the other incident where he managed to collect himself and the self depreciating joke
I tell ya, if it was the guitar tech he was mad at....he PAYS that guy to make sure every guitar is tuned and ready for the next song(because Lindsey does use different tunings). So yeah, if the guy f*cked up, and tuned it wrong, or handed him the wrong(ly tuned) guitar, I'd be pissed, too.

I personally have kicked the knobs off the guitar pedals on my pedal board, and broke my knuckle punching a speaker, so I might have some understanding for his pain.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I tell ya, if it was the guitar tech he was mad at....he PAYS that guy to make sure every guitar is tuned and ready for the next song(because Lindsey does use different tunings). So yeah, if the guy f*cked up, and tuned it wrong, or handed him the wrong(ly tuned) guitar, I'd be pissed, too.

I personally have kicked the knobs off the guitar pedals on my pedal board, and broke my knuckle punching a speaker, so I might have some understanding for his pain.
meanwhile his guitar tech is a great guy so i'll take his side over Lindsey's here, regardless of what really happened.

and i thought that video of LB jumping up and down to get his attention was hilarious to see!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-17-2017, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
meanwhile his guitar tech is a great guy so i'll take his side over Lindsey's here, regardless of what really happened.

and i thought that video of LB jumping up and down to get his attention was hilarious to see!
Did I miss a video of the incident? Please link if possible.

Nice guys f*ck up all the time, btw.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did I miss a video of the incident? Please link if possible.
i think it may have been linked from the classic thread? i don't have it handy but try googling or youtube search with Go Your Own Way Fleetwood Mac and maybe citifield, should be relatively easy to find.

EDIT: here it is. watch from about 1:50 on, and it really picks up after 2:20 or so. he starts gesticulating fast in between parts he has to sing at first.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 08-17-2017 at 07:49 PM..
Old 08-17-2017, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i think it may have been linked from the classic thread? i don't have it handy but try googling or youtube search with Go Your Own Way Fleetwood Mac and maybe citifield, should be relatively easy to find.

EDIT: here it is. watch from about 1:50 on, and it really picks up after 2:20 or so. he starts gesticulating fast in between parts he has to sing at first.
lol his reaction is so dramatic but i think he was trying to get the guy to notice him?
Old 08-17-2017, 10:55 PM

^^^ it made me laugh, to be honest. HEY... I CAN'T HEAR MYSELF... HEY!!!!

HEY!!!!

HEY!!!!

If you've ever been onstage... it's really hard when tech goes wrong. I've seen much worse.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thank you for the link. Clearly?, it's the monitor guy he's mad at? lol "More drums", I think. But yeah, that was quite a tantrum.

He seems quite the opposite of when he's doing a BuckVie show. Hmm...
Old 08-18-2017, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you for the link. Clearly?, it's the monitor guy he's mad at? lol "More drums", I think. But yeah, that was quite a tantrum.

He seems quite the opposite of when he's doing a BuckVie show. Hmm...
not sure it was a tantrum... it was trying to get someone's attention while still trying to perform the song at his usual level.

and elle, if you can point me to that video of him tossing the guitar onstage in his solo show and then re-composing himself, I'd love to see it!
Old 08-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
not sure it was a tantrum... it was trying to get someone's attention while still trying to perform the song at his usual level.

and elle, if you can point me to that video of him tossing the guitar onstage in his solo show and then re-composing himself, I'd love to see it!
i'm searching but can't find it... i think it was Santa Cruz Rio theatre, OMS tour in 2012, and i think it was right before NGBA because guitar he threw looked kinda like his BL guitar but was actually the one he uses for NGBA. there's no video of him actually throwing it, but there was one of him composing himself, and making fun on his own account while introducing the next song (NGBA i guess? not sure).

yeah re getting someone's attention to fix what didn't work while still trying to perform. but that's apparently not professional enough for some people - don't you know it, according to these people he's unprofessional since his first priority should have been to look back at Stevie, instead of trying to actually do the show!

EDIT: not Santa Cruz, must have been Carmel. still looking...

Last edited by elle; 08-18-2017 at 09:11 PM..