User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Yeah, I had no idea they were doing a Canada 2011 tour until today. tickets went on sale November 5th, so basically I think it's sold out ..and they only ones I can find are 160-200 bucks. Like you have no idea, the only thing I could top a concert like this with is, of course, Stevie or FM . Nancy Wilson is my guitar hero God. I watch her and mimic her, it's quite funny cause I annoy Mom.

I will tell you about it if I get to go in February Tomorrow when my Mom is up I will start the online search for tickets!!!! Dun Dun DUNN... wish me luck.
Good Luck!!! I really hope you get those tickets

Since this is the Just Thought I'd Share Thread. I'm Watching Chelsea Lately right now and the guest today is Florence Welch. I'm kinda freaking out!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bleh. I have no words for my thoughts right now. I am going to bed.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ugh, Heart is coming to (the next city over) to mine, and I was looking for tickets but I can't find any! They are all like $160-$200!
I can't believe this at all! Why would anyone post this?

(okay, that's a VERY dated Ledge reference, that most newbies won't get, ).

It's REALLY hard to believe that Heart tix are that much. I mean come on, 3 years ago, they were packaged with Journey and Cheap Trick, and not even closing the show. And I think we only paid like $35 for lawn seats, for all three bands!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I can't believe this at all! Why would anyone post this?

(okay, that's a VERY dated Ledge reference, that most newbies won't get, ).

It's REALLY hard to believe that Heart tix are that much. I mean come on, 3 years ago, they were packaged with Journey and Cheap Trick, and not even closing the show. And I think we only paid like $35 for lawn seats, for all three bands!
It's for front row tickets (from what I can see anyway), I think the normal priced ones are sold out, don't ask how much they were. Where I'm from we usually only get one 'huge' name every year or so. This year was ACDC, couple years ago was Rolling Stones. We don't get many big bands so people would pay that much for a ticket. Me, namely. Just wish I didn't have to! I love Heart!
Old 11-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's for front row tickets (from what I can see anyway), I think the normal priced ones are sold out, don't ask how much they were. Where I'm from we usually only get one 'huge' name every year or so. This year was ACDC, couple years ago was Rolling Stones. We don't get many big bands so people would pay that much for a ticket. Me, namely. Just wish I didn't have to! I love Heart!
I just won't pay those prices. I paid $75 for The Dance, and that's the most I've ever paid for a ticket. Call me cheap.

IF IF IF Chris were to come back to FM, I would probably pay $150, but not a penny more. Ticket prices have become out of hand, and as long as people are willing to pay those prices, they stay there, or go up further. I'm out of that game, even though I can afford it.
I'll buy a damned live DVD, and watch the thing 500 times(except for Live in Boston, which I watched twice!).
Old 11-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I just won't pay those prices. I paid $75 for The Dance, and that's the most I've ever paid for a ticket. Call me cheap.

IF IF IF Chris were to come back to FM, I would probably pay $150, but not a penny more. Ticket prices have become out of hand, and as long as people are willing to pay those prices, they stay there, or go up further. I'm out of that game, even though I can afford it.
I'll buy a damned live DVD, and watch the thing 500 times(except for Live in Boston, which I watched twice!).
Yeah, I guess it just comes down to the fact that I`ve only dreamed of seeing Heart or Fleetwood mac my whole life. And it would be a dream come true. I probably wouldn`t pay that much the second time. Not even close.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
Annie, your landlord sounds downright evil. I wish I could help in some way, but the money I get is not my own, and right now I only have 5 bucks to my name. I'll send you virtual hugs though.

Soooo...the Westboro Baptist Church people are gonna be in my neck of the woods next week:

"Woodbridge High School in Woodbridge, VA November 15, 2010 7:00 AM - 7:30 AM
WBC to picket the students, parents and teachers at Woodbridge High School who live in rebellion against their creator every minute. Parents and teachers have taught the students from every day from birth, with everything that they do and say, that God is a liar and that His commandments are to be treated as suggestions, if that! That did that because they hate these children and are trying to justify their own sins by teaching the children to sin more and worse than they. How selfish are you?! Your duty is this: And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart. And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. (Dt. 6:6-7.) You have failed in your duty and God will require you to give an accounting for it. There is hope, however, because God has sent His servants to your town today to tell you the truth -- to warn you to flee the wrath and destruction that is coming on this nation! The children are entitled to hear the truth one time in their lives. God does NOT love everyone and it is NOT OKAY to be gay. If you give a care for your never dying soul, you will come out from among this people and OBEY TODAY! Amen!"

It's all my friends have been talking about. Many of them are going to go protest the protesting because of various reasons: e.g. according to the westboro folks god hates them for being bisexual/gay/friend, dating outside their race, and being anyone who is not them. I want to go, but I don't have a ride

Update:

They are also picketing the Coast Guard Recruitment Office in Woodbridge right after they are done with the high school...
Also...

"I don’t know how they rationalize Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, but I’m sure it’s similar to how they rationalized protesting Stevie Nicks. (For those who don’t know, Westboro Baptist Church Cult protested a Stevie Nicks concert in Kansas City because her music will cause you to commit adultery and eat babies. I kid you not.)"
Old 11-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Haven't been this happy in forever
Old 11-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Also...

"I don’t know how they rationalize Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, but I’m sure it’s similar to how they rationalized protesting Stevie Nicks. (For those who don’t know, Westboro Baptist Church Cult protested a Stevie Nicks concert in Kansas City because her music will cause you to commit adultery and eat babies. I kid you not.)"
Oh yes, because Rhiannon supposedly committed adultery and ate babies! Makes perfect sense!
Old 11-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Oh yes, because Rhiannon supposedly committed adultery and ate babies! Makes perfect sense!
I really need to hear all of the Rhiannon songs...

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I really need to hear all of the Rhiannon songs...
Watch out, though. They're a little feral. They mistook my face for a baby and ate it :s

My Mother has just ordered this for me. I remember now why she's my favourite. "Wasting away in squee-ville!".

Last edited by Silver Springs; 11-12-2010 at 02:56 PM..
Old 11-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
My Mother has just ordered this for me. I remember now why she's my favourite. "Wasting away in squee-ville!".[/COLOR]
How many?

Only joking
Old 11-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So... I submitted a song to the Dave Stewart songwriter contest on twitter. I've never written a song before but the possibility of an instant recording was too much to pass up. I'm sure I didn't win but I had a lot of fun giving it a whirl:

First Kiss
by John Demetry

[Verse 1]
Do you remember your first kiss?
Do you remember his name?
The movement of his lips
Or the moment he came?

[Bridge 1]
Too quick to miss
I haven't let go
Caught up in time's bliss
Too soon to know

[Chorus 1]
First kiss First kiss
Don't you forget this
First kiss First kiss
Don't you forget this

[Verse 2]
I don't remember my first kiss
I can't remember the name
Was it different than this
Or did it feel the same?

[Bridge 2]
Too many to miss
I can't let it go
Too soon to know

[Chorus 1 (repeat)]
First kiss First kiss
Don't you forget this
First kiss First kiss
Don't you forget this

[Chorus 2 (switch up)]
First kiss First kiss
Did you forget this?
First kiss First kiss
Did you forget this?

(c) John Demetry, 2010

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
So... I submitted a song to the Dave Stewart songwriter contest on twitter. I've never written a song before but the possibility of an instant recording was too much to pass up. I'm sure I didn't win but I had a lot of fun giving it a whirl:

First Kiss
by John Demetry

[Verse 1]
Do you remember your first kiss?
Do you remember his name?
The movement of his lips
Or the moment he came?

[Bridge 1]
Too quick to miss
I haven't let go
Too soon to know

[Chorus 1]
First kiss First kiss
Don't you forget this
First kiss First kiss
Don't you forget this

[Verse 2]
I don't remember my first kiss
I can't remember the name
Was it different than this
Or did it feel the same?

[Bridge 2]
Too many to miss
I can't let it go
Too soon to know

[Chorus 1 (repeat)]
First kiss First kiss
Don't you forget this
First kiss First kiss
Don't you forget this

[Chorus 2 (switch up)]
First kiss First kiss
Did you forget this?
First kiss First kiss
Did you forget this?

(c) John Demetry, 2010
Definitely some great lyrics! Good luck!!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
(For those who don’t know, Westboro Baptist Church Cult protested a Stevie Nicks concert in Kansas City because her music will cause you to commit adultery and eat babies. I kid you not.)"
Did this protest actually happen? I don't believe it did.