Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Anyone want to make a Ledge Band?

I don't know if I asked this question before on this board. I have been in 3 bands and they all have broken up for various reasons but I wanted to know if anyone on the Ledge that lives in the providence area would be interested on working together. No restrictions on musical age of style. i just want people who love music and playing and either want to do it for just fun or to play out. Even if you don't live in the area and are interested in working through the mail or email. I have studio access.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird28 View Post
I don't know if I asked this question before on this board. I have been in 3 bands and they all have broken up for various reasons but I wanted to know if anyone on the Ledge that lives in the providence area would be interested on working together. No restrictions on musical age of style. i just want people who love music and playing and either want to do it for just fun or to play out. Even if you don't live in the area and are interested in working through the mail or email. I have studio access.
I would LOVE it. I've played several Fleetwood Mac songs over the years in and out of bands that I have been in. And while I cant play Lindsey's stuff note for note, i've got the style for it. Although...Rick Turner still has my model 1!
Old 09-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

PS...not to mention, Steve (ChiliD) would probably kick my arse in a Lindsey lick-off competition. And by lick off I mean, guitar licks. Not...literally licking Lindsey. Eww. Although many of the girls would probably love that.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
the only way I could see that happening is if we had some system to pass around the recorded stuff without any file loss...like zip disks maybe. Then again, all of us would have to have like BOSS recording board or something. Hmm. It's a conundrum.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can I be the drug-addled lead singer who puts whiskey in their coffee in the morning? Because that's the only way I'll consider this.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:54 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdreamsunwindx View Post
Can I be the drug-addled lead singer who puts whiskey in their coffee in the morning? Because that's the only way I'll consider this.
Sounds like a great beginning! =)
Old 09-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdreamsunwindx View Post
Sure. I put baileys in mine so it's all good.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
the only way I could see that happening is if we had some system to pass around the recorded stuff without any file loss...like zip disks maybe. Then again, all of us would have to have like BOSS recording board or something. Hmm. It's a conundrum.
We could all go out and get the same recording program so the files would be transferable and would open the same for everyone. Personally I've worked with Pro Tools, Reason, and there is one other my friend has which was cheap but very effective.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
We could all go out and get the same recording program so the files would be transferable and would open the same for everyone. Personally I've worked with Pro Tools, Reason, and there is one other my friend has which was cheap but very effective.
Indeed! That sounds like a grand idea. You wanna try and get ChiliD on board? His guitar work, as I would imagine, is impeccable. Mine on the other hand leaves something to be desired...but I can still pick some Lindsey stuff pretty well! I know we have other guitar players...I dont know about drummers, pianists or bass players...?
Old 09-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know we have other guitar players...I dont know about drummers, pianists or bass players...?
I do all of that except for drum. (White girl rhythm syndrome, etc.) I am just too covered up with work and my own stuff to participate, but I hope that if you guys do this that you will share your tracks for the rest of the Ledgies' listening pleasure.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmm..Drummers on the Ledge. Yep. that's a pickle!

I play - but the only audio program I have access to is Adobe Audition....
Old 09-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll throw in some vocals or harmonies...I have Garageband.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I do all of that except for drum. (White girl rhythm syndrome, etc.) I am just too covered up with work and my own stuff to participate, but I hope that if you guys do this that you will share your tracks for the rest of the Ledgies' listening pleasure.
haha...well you ARE on the Ledge a whole lot! Thats eating up your free time! *wink*
Old 09-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
haha...well you ARE on the Ledge a whole lot! Thats eating up your free time! *wink*
... I have a computer at work. I'm here 6 days a week, sometimes 7.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If someone starts composing I can get stuff rolling on my end and we can really get this project off the ground. I have someone who can do all the mixing on my end. I will be happy as long as i get to sing lead on at least 3 songs. lol. anyone got a riff recorded?