User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I just had a bit of a brain fart. I wonder if the band agreed to this pairing to get the word out/support a new/future album? After all, there's no better market for FM to tap into than the Eagles. It would potentially expose them to a large group of people, and help get the word out on the streets. Seems like the only way Lindsey would agree to such a venture, and seems like the only reason they'd agree to yet more touring after touring a year straight. I guess I'm just trying to grasp for some sort of positive spin here...
I was having the same 'brain fart' as you, LOL!!! when I first heard this news... That it would be in support of a new album.

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 12-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm holding onto two little remnants of hope:

1. Nothing's set in stone yet. All the rumours in the world can fly, but we still haven't heard anything concrete....
2. Maybe, JUST maybe, this will lead to a new album... but isn't that what we thought Unleashed was for?

I still want to cry.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know what to say about this....
I don't know if it's good or bad...
But now I'm getting more unsure about them making a new album...?
Have to be a bad idea...
Tho I love The Eagles. But ALL WE WANT IS A NEW ALBUM AND I WANT FLEETWOOD MAC TO KNOW THAT!!!!!!!

Old 12-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When should we expect an official announcement?
Old 12-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love both groups, but I am way more a fan of FM.
I have a few of concerns:
1. Tickets will be about $500 a piece for bad seats
2. How will these two major hit-making bands get along?
3. Will Stevie feel awkward with all these ex-lovers under one roof?
4. Will said awkwardness be too much for her, resulting in her quitting half way through? (although she's never been a quitter before)
5. Will the die hard fan base of each band be able to blend, or will it be like a sporting event in every venue. (I'm picture bare chested men with Eagles/Penguins painted on their torsos..lol)

Last edited by gypsy4life; 12-20-2009 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: error
Old 12-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would go see this, but I would still prefer Fleetwood Mac and Heart!
Old 12-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I don't think Fleetwood Mac belongs on a double bill. There just seems to be something inherently wrong about that.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinBrown View Post
I would go see this, but I would still prefer Fleetwood Mac and Heart!
TRUST ME, there is NO WAY IN HELL, that FM could follow Heart, vocally, in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM! My gawd, it's like a bunch of old dogs, howling, compared to an opera singer. Trust me, on this. It would be the epitome of embarrassment for FM.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
TRUST ME, there is NO WAY IN HELL, that FM could follow Heart, vocally, in ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM! My gawd, it's like a bunch of old dogs, howling, compared to an opera singer. Trust me, on this. It would be the epitome of embarrassment for FM.
I love Fleetwood Mac with all of my heart and soul and everything I hold dear in this world-- and yet I completely agree. The fact is that Heart has held up against time much better than Fleetwood Mac has primarily in terms of vocals, but even stage energy. They are slightly more inventive with their set lists, often adding up to five different phenomenal covers at each show I've been to (a total of four). I appreciate both bands live for very different reasons, and would obviously rather go to an FM show than a Heart show. But I think that Heart's faults (lack of variation) and Fleetwood Mac's faults (as listed above) would be accentuated by the other band on the bill.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would definetly go to this show love both bands more of a FM fan than an eagle fan if they play stadiums i dont think the ticket prices would be that bad cause i think the bigger the venue the cheaper it should be. And I love Heart I think if Stevie on next tour pairs up with Heart would be an awesome show to have I love heart just as much as FM and Stevie Nicks and still stevie nicks is my favorite solo artists and FM is my favorite band. Hopefully they will have a new cd out or after the tour love to hear new music from FM and Stevie.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I tried getting confirmation on this yesterday and apparently nothing has been officially decided yet, although it does seem to be a real possibility. Apparently, they're waiting on Stevie to make up her mind about it.

I don't feel real good about this either. I love The Eagles, though not as much as Fleetwood Mac, and I'd love to see them in concert, but NOT together. It's like--if you're an Eagles fan, you want to go to an Eagles concert and see 2 hours of the Eagles. If you're a Mac fan, you want to go to a concert and see 2 hours of the Mac...but when you combine the two, for me, I'm gonna feel cheated out of Mac time. However, I'm going to this show if it happens, haha, I'll just be angry. But I guess we should be really lucky that our favorite band is still performing, you know? They're great and could go on for years, but the reality is, they are getting older, and the mere fact that they're still rocking, whether it be solo or with the Eagles, is great.

I also think some really interesting things could come out of this show if it happens. Like--a lot of us haven't been able to see Stevie solo, especially performing with Don Henley, and I'm thinking a tour like this could open a lot of opportunity as far as the variety that we may see. I don't like that they are playing stupid arena's and stadiums, but it may just be okay. I'm liking that they may tour again instead of just chilling at home.

K--I said my 2 cents.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm half and half on this. One I would REALLY REALLY loooooooooove to see The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac together cause I LOVE The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac and it would be an AMAZING concert!! Could you imagine the collaberation on some songs?!?! BUUUUUUUT seriously stadiums?!?! Given that it will probably give more seats so it wont get sold out super duper fast but seriously the prices will be INSANE!! Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles= BUNCHA DIVA'S!! Dont they know their fans arent all well off w/ money?!?! Especially in this economy.

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 12-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I don't think Fleetwood Mac belongs on a double bill. There just seems to be something inherently wrong about that.
Remind you a bit too much of that Fleetwood Mac/REO Speedwagon/Pat Benatar tour from '94?
Old 12-21-2009, 12:13 PM

So let me get this straight... People are going to pay $250-$500 bucks to beef up their retirement funds, only to hear songs that have been played over and over on the radio for the last 30 years...

Add the fact that the vocals are anything but on point, and the acts are just so tired...

I don't get it...

I'd much rather see Lindsey or Stevie or Mick create solo works and tour on that creativity rather than the classic rock cash grab...

Produce something already!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
Could you imagine the collaberation on some songs?!?!
Let's get real here - there won't be any collaboration. That's the problem for me. I've seen both The Eagles & Mac doing their hits; don't know if I need to see them do them again unless they mix it up a bit & play on eachother's tunes or something. Not going to happen.

My priorities have changes immensely in the past year or so & there's no way I'm plunking down hundreds to see them again, with or without The Eagles. If this actually occurs, AND if something new happens with the show itself, AND if they come within 2 hours from here I might get some nosebleed tix.