User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
She has yapped constantly about her life for thirty years, & yet she still asserts that we know nothing about Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks.

Is she an idiot intentionally, or by accident?

I personally think she's got a point. Really, how much do we know besides what we're told and what Fleetwood Mac and she herself want to be perceived as? Not that much. Basically, they tell us all the skeleton of the story but nothing more.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Moon View Post
I personally think she's got a point. Really, how much do we know besides what we're told and what Fleetwood Mac and she herself want to be perceived as? Not that much. Basically, they tell us all the skeleton of the story but nothing more.
Especially since we hear the shame **** over and over and over again.... and have for thirty-something years.

On a different note, we have seen the following idea a thousand times since the making of Rumours, but for some reason, it sparked an idea in me tonight:

Quote:
Rather than fight openly, the warring band washed their dirty linen in song. Buckingham's Go Your Own Way was a bitter parting shot at Nicks, who responded with the more philosophical Dreams.
There's a sort of bitter irony in a more current interpretation of "Go Your Own Way". While Lindsey is married with kids, Stevie isn't. He's constantly reminding her what she could have had (and what she lost)... its sad to think that they perform a thirty-two year-old song on stage together every night and Stevie may still "call it another lonely day."

I think I'm thinking too much about any and all possible sources of depression for Stevie after Michele and I discussed her potential insecurities onstage... or maybe I'm just way too focused on tragedy in general right now-- I still have a King Lear essay to finish!!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Moon View Post
But that's true of everyone, in all times & places. All any of us knows about others is what we're told. In that regard, Stevie's comment is nothing but a pointless truism & sheds no light whatsoever on the nature of knowing, let alone the facts of Fleetwood Mac.

Moreover, how would Stevie's grand idea for a book change the situation for any of us? It wouldn't -- any more than any of Stevie's arcane song lyrics provide an objectively realistic image of Stevie herself. Fans may think those lyrics provide that very thing, but they're only projecting. Everything is interpretation, which is always personal, subjective, & idiosyncratic.

However, my original point was that Stevie's belief that none of us knows any facts about Fleetwood Mac was idiotic, given the fact that we have been exposed to more information about Fleetwood Mac than just about anything else in our lives, especially if we've been fanatics for years or even decades. The information flow has been continual, thanks in part to the band members themselves (Stevie included, naturally). (To respond to your point about how much we know beyond what she chooses to tell us, we have also observed Fleetwood Mac in action on stages & in interviews & in other public settings firsthand, so we know that.) We may not know every angle, every contextual effect, & every emotion, but we certainly have the general outline.

Michele, what do you think?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
There's a sort of bitter irony in a more current interpretation of "Go Your Own Way". While Lindsey is married with kids, Stevie isn't. He's constantly reminding her what she could have had (and what she lost)... its sad to think that they perform a thirty-two year-old song on stage together every night and Stevie may still "call it another lonely day."

I think I'm thinking too much about any and all possible sources of depression for Stevie after Michele and I discussed her potential insecurities onstage... or maybe I'm just way too focused on tragedy in general right now-- I still have a King Lear essay to finish!!
Brilliant thought on how Go Your Own Way can be applied to their current dynamic. It's true because they live it. Perhaps if they performed it differently or emphasized the line differently (the way Lindsey does during The Dance dvd/cd), it would be more impactful. In other words, it's true because it's true, but do Lindsey and Stevie know it?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Michele, what do you think?
I think your absence from the board earlier this week was somewhat depressing.

Yes, it would have been more accurate to say we don't know "everything". Of course, even after we read her book, we still won't know everything, but we do know a lot and -- unless she's got some serial killer secrets to divulge -- we can probably infer the rest.

The funny thing is, even when we get more "facts," most of our time will be spent debating whether or not they are true. For instance, these days she likes to say that Christine was having panic attacks and I don't doubt that Christine had some, but I'm having quite a chortle at the way Stevie's been building the story up dramatically these last months.

And her big green eyes welled up in tears, when you love someone as much as I love her, you just know . . . Know what? That Christine is allergic to chiffon and the Benadryl just wasn't working anymore?

Michele
Old 10-17-2009, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

'On our first tour, I wore my street clothes and it was a nightmare. Then, one day in Santa Monica, I saw this beautiful girl in a flowing pink outfit and high suede boots. Apart from the pink, I knew I wanted to look exactly like her. So I turned myself into this little Dickensian wharf rat in a raggedy skirt.
'I later found a top hat in an antiques store in Buffalo. And that was my uniform - the jacket, skirt, boots and hat. The hat changed everything.'

so she was in santa monica when this pink thing inspired her?
im sure she said somewhere else once

oooooh Stevie, a lil rat haha
she's WAY too gorgeous to be a rat
she sounds like she's in a good mood tho

as for a January meeting? yep sure, it will actually be a Dec meeting, with them in Hawai'i and LIndsey glaringly absent

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 10-17-2009 at 05:41 AM..
Old 10-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This interview gets me a bit excited, because in every way possible I would love a new Fleetwood Mac studio album. I have not been a fan since the release of a new album (I became a fan after Say You Will was released in 2003), so having a new album come out would be an exciting event for me. I'd love to be able to just live it once, if we all could!!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default somebody is spreading rumours

Fleetwood Mac are planning to release a new album.

The legendary band - who kick off their 'Unleashed' tour in Glasgow, Scotland, on Thursday (22.10.09) - want to go back into the studio next year to start work on their first LP of original material since 2003's 'Say You Will'.

Fleetwood Mac to release LP
People News
Oct 17, 2009, 5:01 GMT

Singer Stevie Nicks says fans have a lot more to look forward to from the band, but say they can only start recording when they complete their dates.

She said: "When we're on the road, we barely have time to go and have a meal, let alone write new material. But in January we'll have a meeting and decide what to do."

The legendary singer also claims the band - who were notorious hellraisers during their 70s peak - have finally grown-up and are having a great time on the road.

She added: "Fleetwood Mac still presents some amazing opportunities. Around thirty years ago, we were all so self-absorbed that we couldn't see out of our own corner. Things are a lot more fun now."

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/pe...-to-release-LP
Old 10-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default more rumours

New Fleetwood Mac Album Coming Soon

Fleetwood Mac, legendary party band from the 70’s and singers of “Don’t Stop”, are planning a new album. The band starts their new “Unleashed” tour in Glasgow, Scotland on Friday (10-22).

Lead singer and Blonde Bombshell Stevie Nicks talked of being on the road again when she said, “When we’re on the road, we barely have time to go and have a meal, let alone write new material. But in January we’ll have a meeting and decide what to do.” Stevie also talked of how the band has settled down and given up their wild party ways of the 70’s. Nicks claims touring is actually fun now and she added, “Fleetwood Mac still presents some amazing opportunities. Around thirty years ago, we were all so self-absorbed that we couldn’t see out of our own corner. Things are a lot more fun now.”

The band will hopefully go back to the studio next year to work on their first album since the 2003 release of “’Say You Will.”

http://www.current-movie-reviews.com...m-coming-soon/
Old 10-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

Lead singer and Blonde Bombshell Stevie Nicks talked of being on the road again...
She is?!

(thanks for posting!)
Old 10-17-2009, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for posting! Even if it is shear speculation, it is exciting to think about and hope for!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
This interview gets me a bit excited, because in every way possible I would love a new Fleetwood Mac studio album. I have not been a fan since the release of a new album (I became a fan after Say You Will was released in 2003), so having a new album come out would be an exciting event for me. I'd love to be able to just live it once, if we all could!!!!
I am in the same boat. A new album would be bliss!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I also think it's awesome news because I became a fan in the fall 2007 so I haven't experienced the "new album thing" yet either!!! Hope it's true and that they will record and hopefully one more world tour!!!!!! Or is this the last world tour you think???

Old 10-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna93 View Post
I also think it's awesome news because I became a fan in the fall 2007 so I haven't experienced the "new album thing" yet either!!! Hope it's true and that they will record and hopefully one more world tour!!!!!! Or is this the last world tour you think???
The thing with this band is that you should always expect the unexpected... You never know what's going to happen, even if the band says what they expect to happen.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The thing with this band is that you should always expect the unexpected... You never know what's going to happen, even if the band says what they expect to happen.
You're right! But I hope what they have said now is going to happen! That they will record next year! But I don't expect I world tour, so that means it will happen Otherwise I have to travel to the US!!!!