Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes.....Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxd9 View Post
All of the links in this thread seem to be broken. Does anyone have a copy of the acetate they'd be willing to share?
Old 05-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Agreed, would love this.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebise View Post
You're wrong on several accounts.

THIS VERY VERSION of "Thrown Down" is ABSOLUTELY 100% an outtake of Trouble In Shangri~la, and was on the 16~track CD of TISL that certain people received at Stevie's Arizona Benefit in September 2000. Let me repeat: September 2000.

Before the album's release, Stevie took "Thrown Down" off of the record in order for Fleetwood Mac to record it for their new album, which began work in mid~2001, well after THIS VERY VERSION of "Thrown Down" was recorded.

Yes, Lindsey plays on this TISL version of "Thrown Down" ~ he ALSO plays on "I Miss You", which is on TISL, too. And Mick plays drums on the TISL "Thrown Down", just as he did on "Sable On Blond", but that doesn't make "Sable On Blond" an "early" Tango track. Mick and Lindsey BOTH play on Stevie's new album, In Your Dreams. That doesn't make those songs "early" recordings of the next Fleetwood Mac album. Stevie's bandmates played on this version of "Thrown Down" which was specifically recorded for her solo album. When she had to cut a few songs from Trouble In Shangri~la, she took off this "Thrown Down", so that Fleetwood Mac could record a new version for their record.

To repeat: This version of "Thrown Down" is included on the acetate of Trouble In Shangri~la BECAUSE it's from Trouble In Shangri~la, not an "early" Say You Will track.
I like the TISL version of Thrown Down better than SYW because it makes more sense. TISL could of really used this song.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
This song doesn't even exist to me.
Love Changes doesn't exist to me either. I don't get it.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Yup, I'm pretty sure he's referring to the "rough mix" of Candlebright. I should know, I listen to that version quite a bit. I prefer it over the album version. The vocals are much brighter, you can really hear all the nice harmony parts (yes, including Sheryl's) more prominently. And the "noticeable difference" of the electric sitar-esque part midway through each verse that sorcerer999 references, is my favorite part, as well as the additional ad-libbing at the end that was all edited out of the final version. These differences in the mix, add such dark textures and a mysterious air to the song. I dig it.

For additional confusion, this raw & rough mix is sometimes referred to as the "candles & incense" version. Whoever came up with that title nailed it perfectly It describes what I feel when I play this "rough mix". It sets the mood for me to turn off all the lights, lay on the floor in near darkness, with nothing more that a beeswax candle burning and nag champa filling the air.
I'm liking this Candlebright mix. I hated the mandolin on the finished version, but this version is really interesting. Actually adds to the atmosphere.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well its not letting me download Thrown Down TISL version
Old 05-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

TISL could definitely have been better with this version of "Thrown Down". It was a killer song in the TISL version.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
well its not letting me download Thrown Down TISL version
Since the links are old .They do crap out in time do to some cloud drive time limits to keep them up online .

Like Adrive that I'm on with the videos. The links are alive for only two weeks.but feel free to pm me when needed.Ill be happy to update the links.

I dont recall having these but It would be nice if they update the link them .

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-13-2013, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Since the links are old .They do crap out in time do to some cloud drive time limits to keep them up online .

Like Adrive that I'm on with the videos. The links are alive for only two weeks.but feel free to pm me when needed.Ill be happy to update the links.

I dont recall having these but It would be nice if they update the link them .
Thank you.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I 'm listening to alot of TISL demos and I just wish the album would of taken a different turn.

add
Thrown Down
Have No Heart
My Heart
If You Ever Did Believe
Twisted (demo)

Get rid of
That Made Me Stronger
Its Only Love
Love Changes
Love Is
Too Far From Texas (because her vocals are horrendous)

What happened to all the Citars in Candlebright and Sorcerer? they had a great feel
Old 05-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Here's the full acetate, lossless. A surprise gift from someone who would prefer to remain a mystery.
Try this.... I think it will work. It's a link to the folder I have these stored in. They are .WAV files, and are around 40-50 MB each.

Please do not convert to MP3 and repost; if you want to share them, please maintain the lossless quality of the WAV files. Thank you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kq4nw1xwcx7o5
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 05-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Try this.... I think it will work. It's a link to the folder I have these stored in. They are .WAV files, and are around 40-50 MB each.

Please do not convert to MP3 and repost; if you want to share them, please maintain the lossless quality of the WAV files. Thank you.

Thanks so much!
Old 05-15-2013, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Most of these files won't open for me. It says 'This file is copyrighted. Permission denied." Am I doing something wrong?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxd9 View Post
Most of these files won't open for me. It says 'This file is copyrighted. Permission denied." Am I doing something wrong?
I feel your frustration. When I try to download a song, a page appears that says "denied" and something like "This song can be found at Amazon."

I've been downloading songs for many years, and have never had any issues. But, apparently something has changed. I can't download anything posted on this site. Yet there are Ledgies that seem to have no problem.

So I ask myself the same question as you: "What am I doing wrong?"
Old 05-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I feel your frustration. When I try to download a song, a page appears that says "denied" and something like "This song can be found at Amazon."

I've been downloading songs for many years, and have never had any issues. But, apparently something has changed. I can't download anything posted on this site. Yet there are Ledgies that seem to have no problem.

So I ask myself the same question as you: "What am I doing wrong?"
That's odd. It must be something Mediafire has implemented. I'm able to download the tracks here at work, although some require a captcha entry and some don't.

Be sure to change the view from "Thumbnails" to "List" and do not click on the little "Copyright" icon. Use the action arrow on the right side of the screen, and select "Download" from the list of options.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case

Last edited by KarmaContestant; 05-15-2013 at 10:20 AM..