Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
I personally don't like to download music from Rapidshare or elsewhere for a CD that's still in print and easily purchased. Those musicians deserve their royalties for giving us this fine album!
Fully agree with you, Sharksfan. Just two little remarks:
1) How much royalties to the musicians/composers and how much to the company?
2) Rapidshare is not a downloadsite, just a means to post file that are too large ot send by e-mail

And to all those that don't have this album: BUY IT!!! It's magnificent.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
It's also available as part of the "Complete Blue Horizon Sessions", complete with interesting outtakes, etc: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F2C7PO/

I personally don't like to download music from Rapidshare or elsewhere for a CD that's still in print and easily purchased. Those musicians deserve their royalties for giving us this fine album!
To be fair though, this album is available only via Import...(a cheap import admittedly)

Oh and Otis Spann doesn't care about his royalties he's been dead nearly 40 years...
Old 10-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Buy It!!!

Here are two samples (old LP's) that may make you say : Lindsey Buckingham isn't a blues guitarist???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDFcT5PWqXM

The second one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYQlV...eature=related

On the second link, skip to the second track. That is what Fleetwood Mac should've been before the mental breakdowns.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
On the second link, skip to the second track. That is what Fleetwood Mac should've been before the mental breakdowns.
Good call, slipkid. There's little question that "My Love Depends On You" was one of Peter's finest blues performances.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
Fully agree with you, Sharksfan. Just two little remarks:
1) How much royalties to the musicians/composers and how much to the company?
2) Rapidshare is not a downloadsite, just a means to post file that are too large ot send by e-mail
Tonight a lady called asking if I wanted my chimney cleaned? (I don't have a chimney) I said,"how much royalties do the musicians get?" She said, "sir, I'm not talking about music. I'm asking if you want your chimney cleaned?" I said, " it's just a means to post a file that is too large." She said, "no this has nothing to do with music, this is about cleaning and sweeping your chimney out." I said, "sharksfan, how much royalties do we send by e-mail?" She answered, "well I guess we'll have to call you back tomorrow and the next day and the next day after that because you are such a smartass." She hung up on me as I was saying, "well you've already called before youCLICK stupid bitch."

Whatever I am reading at the time these calls come in is what I will quote to these callers. I am on the national do not call list but they keep calling anyway. And this same company has called before and I told them I don't have a chimney and you figure they'd make a note of that, but nooooooooooooo, they have to keep calling till they get a sale.