User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-22-2023, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Did you put on a towel and do the crackhead dance when she sang Gold Dust Woman?
I did the Edge walk on my balcony, spinning like a drunken sailor.

It actually wasn't a loud show at all. When Taylor Swift was there a couple weeks ago, I could hear every note, and the crowd was deafening! I had to struggle to hear this one. But I could definitely make out her bleat.
Old 05-22-2023, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

It actually wasn't a loud show at all. When Taylor Swift was there a couple weeks ago, I could hear every note, and the crowd was deafening! I had to struggle to hear this one. But I could definitely make out her bleat.
Just by the by…is Taylor Swift competing with Stevie…in the boyfriend stakes ?
Hahaha.
Old 05-22-2023, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Not for a minute am I buying that you didn’t put your Stand Back shawl on and twirl awkwardly for at least 12 seconds.
Old 05-22-2023, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Not for a minute am I buying that you didn’t put your Stand Back shawl on and twirl awkwardly for at least 12 seconds.
You know me too well!
Old 05-22-2023, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Just by the by…is Taylor Swift competing with Stevie…in the boyfriend stakes ?
Hahaha.
Taylor has a good 10 years until menopause, so I think she wins by default.
Old 05-22-2023, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What about Randy Bachman (The Guess Who/BTO)?

These Eyes, Undone, Laughing, No Time, American Woman, No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature, Let It Roll, Let It Ride, Takin’ Care of Business, You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet.
Whoa ... I didn’t know that the Let It Ride dude was also the These Eyes dude!

Then again, I used to think the You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet dude was Joe Walsh because he sounded like the Life’s Been Good dude.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-22-2023, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Whoa ... I didn’t know that the Let It Ride dude was also the These Eyes dude!

Then again, I used to think the You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet dude was Joe Walsh because he sounded like the Life’s Been Good dude.
Same writer, different singer. These Eyes was Burton Cummings, Let It Ride was Fred Turner.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-22-2023, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Funny, I was judging her not by the color of her skin, but by the content of her achievements.

You’re the one dwelling on her race. She escaped America to get away from people who constantly brought up her race. People like you. Tina Turner didn’t want to be a “black” entertainer, she wanted to be a rock star who transcended race, creed, gender, and nationality.

No, weÂ’re not going there. The HoF and SC should never in a million years be equated.

How so? The way you keep bringing up her blackness and wanting to turn that into something relevant about her as a performer is akin to an old person saying “oh, he’s well spoken.” That’s what YOU’RE doing.

Perhaps you have a severe learning disability that prevents you from having normal reading comprehension.

You mean like when I said Tina was simply kick ass better? You know, without qualifiers.
I don't know how you could make a comment about a disability like that. I think you should apologize for that comment. I responded directly to everything you wrote. No need to hit or hit below the belt.

I don't want to fight with you. You hang onto my posts and try to hurt me, beat me down, and belittle me. Please block me if my posts bother you. They are my opinions.

I wish for diversity in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

It would have been so historic and empowering to have Tina Turner or Diana Ross as the first woman (Tina) or women (Tina and Diana) to be inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I listed the reasons for Tina to have been inducted before I mentioned that two women of color should have been inducted twice before Stevie.

I don't know why you don't want to amplify the feelings of the Black community about representation in the music industry. They believe Tina is the Queen of Rock. Just like Janet, not Madonna is the Queen of Pop. It doesn't matter that white people wrote songs that Tina sang - they're Tina's songs because Tina hit those vocals out of the park and they're on her albums. It's like Talk To Me is Stevie Nicks' song.

Young black persons want to see that anything is possible for them like Halle Bailey playing Ariel or Beyonce winning the most Grammys. So not seeing Tina having that honor was sadly a moment that was missed.

Janet Jackson said "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, induct women in 2020" - how is that different than saying induct Tina and Diana twice before Stevie Nicks? Have you heard of OscarsSoWHite? Do you agree that Oscars criticism?

I am acknowledging that the deck is stacked against women of color. I also support affirmative action and reparations. This influences my outlook.
And I believe that Tina's career surpassed Stevie's solo career which earned Tina the right to be inducted twice before Stevie Nicks. I believe Stevie's induction before Tina was whitewashing music history and taking away something deserved by a woman of color, once again, that happens every day in the United States. It was sad for music history and for the United States.

I believe the Hall has a problem with acknowledging Black artists and gay female artists.

Nothing but the best for you and yours.
Old 05-22-2023, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I don't know how you could make a comment about a disability like that. I think you should apologize for that comment. I responded directly to everything you wrote. No need to hit or hit below the belt.
You first.

Quote:
Good reading comprehension!
Quote:
I don't want to fight with you. You hang onto my posts and try to hurt me, beat me down, and belittle me. Please block me if my posts bother you. They are my opinions.
You’re the one name calling and intentionally taking things out of context.

Quote:
I wish for diversity in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
The the first inductee was Chuck Berry and the first woman inductee was Aretha Franklin.

You’re virtue signaling for something that’s not problem. The Hall has been pretty spot on.

Quote:
It would have been so historic and empowering to have Tina Turner or Diana Ross as the first woman (Tina) or women (Tina and Diana) to be inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I listed the reasons for Tina to have been inducted before I mentioned that two women of color should have been inducted twice before Stevie.
How?!? How would it be any more historic for an organization whose first inductee and first female inductee were POC??? If anything, Stevie was the exception, not the rule.

While I think Tina was better and should have been first, a very legitimate case could be made for Stevie. Unlike Tina or Diana, Stevie is a songwriter and is still relevant on the touring circuit. Tina retired and Diana was semi-retired. Stevie never retired. The reason she was able to get Lindsey fired is the same reason she was the first woman inducted twice. She was the bigger name in the moment.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-22-2023, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You first.

You’re the one name calling and intentionally taking things out of context.

The the first inductee was Chuck Berry and the first woman inductee was Aretha Franklin.

You’re virtue signaling for something that’s not problem. The Hall has been pretty spot on.

How?!? How would it be any more historic for an organization whose first inductee and first female inductee were POC??? If anything, Stevie was the exception, not the rule.

While I think Tina was better and should have been first, a very legitimate case could be made for Stevie. Unlike Tina or Diana, Stevie is a songwriter and is still relevant on the touring circuit. Tina retired and Diana was semi-retired. Stevie never retired. The reason she was able to get Lindsey fired is the same reason she was the first woman inducted twice. She was the bigger name in the moment.
The person I wrote good reading comprehension to, after they said I said Tina wasn't inducted into the Hall of Fame, said I "should be studied;" I didn't say they had a disability. That person then attacked my sexuality by telling me to "eat a d***" They didn't say eat a booger or eat s***. I don't need to apologize for that.

You started by responding angrily to me with "What the hell are you talking about?" Is that a civil response to someone?

I don't see what I took out of context. I responded to everything you wrote to me.

It would be more historic because it's an achievement. It would have gotten tons of press and the current generation could have discovered Tina. Tina is still around to be celebrated.

I just think our views are different based on our upbringing and the company we keep. Most of my friends are Black so my views are influenced by my friends.

I also disagree that Stevie was a bigger name than Tina in 2019. Tina had a blockbuster West End musical about her starting in 2018 and her Broadway run started in 2019. And again, I wish you'd respond to Tina, Diana, and Carole King receiving the Kennedy Center Honors when Stevie has not.

I also think it's disrespectful to Tina to point out that she isn't a songwriter. Tina is the songs she sings.

Again, just opinions.
Old 05-22-2023, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That person then attacked my sexuality by telling me to "eat a d***" They didn't say eat a booger or eat s***.
So, you made a snarky comment and got told to EAD, which means you’re just as capable of making snarky comments as anyone else on TL. But when I make a snarky comment, “you’re such a bully…oh, the abuse.”

And EAD is the same “f**k off.” Do you have any evidence they even knew your sexuality?

As for “What the hell are you talking about,” it’s because you were virtue signaling for something that’s not a problem. Which is something you do. You virtue signal, call people names, make character assassinations, and play victim when people snap back or come back with facts.

BTW, people joke around. Like, did you notice how I asked Homer if he wore a towel and did the crackhead dance during Gold Dust Woman and he said he did the Edge walk, you know, instead of making a federal case?

Quote:
I don't see what I took out of context. I responded to everything you wrote to me.
The whole “well spoken” exchange comes to mind.

Quote:
It would be more historic because it's an achievement.
Stevie’s achievements were also worthy, though. Whether or not they were more deserving is open for interpretation, but Stevie should absolutely be in twice.

Quote:
It would have gotten tons of press and the current generation could have discovered Tina. Tina is still around to be celebrated.
Tina still was a year later.

Quote:
I also disagree that Stevie was a bigger name than Tina in 2019. Tina had a blockbuster West End musical about her starting in 2018 and her Broadway run started in 2019. And again, I wish you'd respond to Tina, Diana, and Carole King receiving the Kennedy Center Honors when Stevie has not.
Good for them. They got their honors, Stevie got hers. Broadway isn’t rock. Stevie had a successful solo tour in 2017 and was on a successful Fleetwood Mac tour in 2018-19. Stevie was out headlining arena tours, Tina and Diana weren’t.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-22-2023, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, you made a snarky comment and got told to EAD, which means you’re just as capable of making snarky comments as anyone else on TL. But when I make a snarky comment, “you’re such a bully…oh, the abuse.”

And EAD is the same “f**k off.” Do you have any evidence they even knew your sexuality?

As for “What the hell are you talking about,” it’s because you were virtue signaling for something that’s not a problem. Which is something you do. You virtue signal, call people names, make character assassinations, and play victim when people snap back or come back with facts.

BTW, people joke around. Like, did you notice how I asked Homer if he wore a towel and did the crackhead dance during Gold Dust Woman and he said he did the Edge walk, you know, instead of making a federal case?

The whole “well spoken” exchange comes to mind.

Stevie’s achievements were also worthy, though. Whether or not they were more deserving is open for interpretation, but Stevie should absolutely be in twice.

Tina still was a year later.

Good for them. They got their honors, Stevie got hers. Broadway isn’t rock. Stevie had a successful solo tour in 2017 and was on a successful Fleetwood Mac tour in 2018-19. Stevie was out headlining arena tours, Tina and Diana weren’t.
Would you tell someone to "eat a p***y"? I find saying eat a d*** to be homophobic.

Tina was inducted 2 years later.

Broadway isn't rock just as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is the Music Hall of Fame.

The 2018 FM Tour should have nothing to do with Stevie's solo induction. 24 Karat Gold Tour, that's fine.

As far as your issues with me, I'm still a member here and I haven't been banned.
Old 05-22-2023, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with those who think Tina Turner should have been in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before Stevie. Tina’s live show alone should have pegged her as a Hall of Famer. As for Diana Ross I see her being inducted within the next 3 years. Deserving women are finally getting what has been long overdue for them.
Old 05-22-2023, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Miller View Post
I agree with those who think Tina Turner should have been in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before Stevie. Tina’s live show alone should have pegged her as a Hall of Famer. As for Diana Ross I see her being inducted within the next 3 years. Deserving women are finally getting what has been long overdue for them.
Were you able to hear what Stevie said before she sang Sara in Knoxville? Did she say she can sing Sara because Fleetwood Mac is over or doesn't tour anymore?
Old 05-22-2023, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Would you tell someone to "eat a p***y"? I find saying eat a d*** to be homophobic.
You expect me to believe you hang out with black folk and haven’t heard EAD before? Have you never watched Boondocks?!?

Quote:
Tina was inducted 2 years later.
And, she’s still alive, so she got her moment. So, twice inducted, Kennedy honored, biopic’ed, Broadway played, massively successful, utmost respected in the industry, yet somehow still not respected enough because Stevie was the first woman inducted twice, proving the Rock Hall are a bunch of racists despite the fact Chuck Berry was the first inductee, six of the first ten inaugural acts inducted were black, and Aretha Franklin the first female inductee.

Got it.

The Hall is obviously not as woke as you.

Your virtue is firmly signaled.

Quote:
Broadway isn't rock just as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is the Music Hall of Fame.
Was that strawman necessary?

Quote:
The 2018 FM Tour should have nothing to do with Stevie's solo induction. 24 Karat Gold Tour, that's fine.
Playing to the masses is playing to the masses.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 05-22-2023 at 10:05 PM..