Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-03-2023, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine's death certificate

This appears to be legit. It's tough to read.

https://theblast.com/471571/fleetwoo...cer-diagnosis/
Old 04-03-2023, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It really is tough to read. To hear she had Cancer, which I suspected, but of course we had no proof till now. And it had spread so much they don't know the origins of it. Plus the massive stroke. Just too awful.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 04-03-2023, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it also lists renal (kidney) failure.

Ischemic strokes can be caused by very small blockages in blood vessels in the brain that are often associated with smoking (among other causes). This happened to my dad, who was a lifelong smoker. I am so against smoking but it's a really hard addiction to break... my dad tried everything under the sun, and even when he could quit for a one or two year stretch it always pulled him back.

It does seem odd that she'd be riddled with cancer and have not detected it via some sort of diagnostic imaging... even if she didn't suspect she had cancer, she did mention her back issues (scoliosis) and one would think some sort of imaging would have been done at some point for that problem if not in an ongoing way at least at one point in time such that the cancer, in what would appear to be many different organs, would have shown up at some point. Who knows.

It suggests she may have had the stroke, been found and rushed to hospital, and just never recovered. If she went peacefully then that at least is a blessing in all this. As I type this I am looking at her wardrobe road case, which I bought at the auction of her stuff. It still smells of her perfume.
Old 04-03-2023, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The renal failure would also explain the back pain.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-03-2023, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Poor Chris - I really hope she didn’t suffer a lot of pain in her last days. I’m still dumbfounded that she’s not here anymore. I learned of her death while I was driving home from burying one of my oldest and closest friends and it still just feels like one big cloudy dream for the last four months.

I’m so appreciative of the nearly ten year second (or third?) act we got from a Chris starting in 2013. 2018 aside, the On With the Show Tour and the entire BuckVie album/tour were a completely unexpected treat and thankfully we got it when we did.

Old 04-03-2023, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

ugh i had suspected it was some awful cancer that had spread everywhere. cancer sucks.

But she knew she was dying before she had the stroke.

reading the cause of death stuff made me cry again. it's like it hit me again that she's gone.

--Lis
Old 04-04-2023, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

she knew she wasn't up for any more tours when she told BBC Radio that the band was done, her health and John's health weren't good (whether or not she knew what she had at that point) and still Mick and company made her walk it back.
Old 04-04-2023, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
she knew she wasn't up for any more tours when she told BBC Radio that the band was done, her health and John's health weren't good (whether or not she knew what she had at that point) and still Mick and company made her walk it back.
Mick is SCUM, and Stevie's not far behind him.

I was adopted at birth, and my birth father died with cancer in his spine. When I read that Christine had been having back pain forever, I seriously wondered if that was the case. I have previously mentioned to physicians in the past, since I was adopted, when they have asked of my history, that my birth father died with cancer in his spine. They informed me that it never starts there. That it spreads from another organ or something nearby.
Old 04-04-2023, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Her estate was worth over $50 million. Could someone explain the UK tax liability thing though?
Old 04-04-2023, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Her estate was worth over $50 million. Could someone explain the UK tax liability thing though?
The bulk of Christine's UK estate would be taxed at 40%- anything over the value of £325,000. Obviously we can't know if there were any other tax issues outstanding at the time of her death which needed to be resolved.

Some guidance is here:

https://www.agespace.org/finance/inh...resholds-rates
Old 04-04-2023, 07:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
The bulk of Christine's UK estate would be taxed at 40%- anything over the value of £325,000. Obviously we can't know if there were any other tax issues outstanding at the time of her death which needed to be resolved.

Some guidance is here:

https://www.agespace.org/finance/inh...resholds-rates
It said most of her assets were in the US, but she did have some money in the UK. I would assume to mitigate the hefty tax bill. 31 million euros is a lot lol.
Old 04-04-2023, 07:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
My understanding of UK taxes at death…
Upto £325000 no Inheritance tax.
Over £325000 tax of 40% applied.
So in £50,000000 million almost 40% paid on the lot, really.
Although my estate is a tad smaller than Christine’s…I think that’s it..
Basically Over £325000 you lose almost half of it in tax.
I am sure there are legal ways trusts, funds money and gifts that can help to avoid paying that much….
Old 04-04-2023, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Poor Chris - I really hope she didn’t suffer a lot of pain in her last days. I’m still dumbfounded that she’s not here anymore. I learned of her death while I was driving home from burying one of my oldest and closest friends and it still just feels like one big cloudy dream for the last four months.

I’m so appreciative of the nearly ten year second (or third?) act we got from a Chris starting in 2013. 2018 aside, the On With the Show Tour and the entire BuckVie album/tour were a completely unexpected treat and thankfully we got it when we did.

Wow, that's rough. We got your back. It's been crazy and surreal for sure.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s really cool that Christine came back for her final years. She did 3 tours and an album. It’s just such a shame what happened in 2018. The 2018-2019 should have been the Rumous farewell tour.

Also, Christine’s final live performance was in February of 2020 in England at the Peter Green tribute concert thing. It’s kind of poetic that Christine’s final performance was back to her old English blues roots.
Old 04-04-2023, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

My mother passed of a major stroke too. There were life support issues and it took a few days for her to officially pass. There could have been a similar situation which explains how this all surprised everyone.
I respect her family's request to not reveal her cause of death so I feel guilty even talking about. I would only add maybe like my mom it was quick and over. I watched my cousins in agony watching their parents in nursing homes for years with dementia or watch them die slowly with cancer. When its time go to sometimes something quick is the way to go. But sadly we dont get that choice.

Gosh her last 8 years were nothing short of amazing especially at her age.

"Miss me but let me go"