The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Registered

I am beginning to think she A) she is surrounded by stupid people , B) she an Idiot , ,where does she get her Information ...no one is buying albums ? no one wants to hear new music? someone need to slap her in to reality
Old 12-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
One reason to do just five shows us to perfect it just enough for a DVD. So, I wouldn't knock the five date solution, because we would get something lasting from it. Also, Stevie just said that 35 shows quickly turn into 50 shows. In The same manner, five shows could turn into 10 or 15; you have to start somewhere. So, I would not reject a five show stint. I just don't think Stevie's at all serious about any sort of BN tour. Michele
I totally get that, and a DVD would be great, but if they do anything BN I want to be there! I want to experience it live. Even if it's 10 or 15 dates I think it will be really hard to get tickets. I truly think she underestimates just how many people would turn up. Putting out the idea of 5 dates just seems very conservative to me.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Also, I want to slap the interviewer for suggesting they play the entire Rumours album. I love Rumours as much as the next guy, but that's impossible... is Songbird just going to be an instrumental? No, it won't work.
Yes. He is similar to the guy in the Detroit interview. When Stevie said she didn't want to do another greatest hits tour like Unleashed, he jumped in and contradicted her. She was trying to discuss her back catalog including angel and SOTM. He interrupted and told her that the fans wanted to hear all of the hit songs and said it made him sad to hear her say that she felt she HAD to play those. He wanted her to WANT to play Dreams. That guy was totally annoying. He is why we can never have nice things.

Michele
Old 12-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
I totally get that, and a DVD would be great, but if they do anything BN I want to be there! I want to experience it live. Even if it's 10 or 15 dates I think it will be really hard to get tickets. I truly think she underestimates just how many people would turn up. Putting out the idea of 5 dates just seems very conservative to me.
But if she would do five, agree to that and then go for more after there is a commitment in place. Bait and switch -- or up the ante.

BTW Elle, you tickled me in pointing out some of the frankly "deviant" maneuvers to get new music.

Michele
Old 12-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've gotta say, this is the most off the cuff and engaging Q&A I've ever seen with Lindsey. No formulated, regurgitated answers. It feels like we're actually hearing who he is. I really, really hate Stevie isn't game for a Mac album or an EP... but perhaps Lindsey is right. Maybe she just needs some time to write some new material.
right? it's like when you are talking to him in person. almost too honest actually. love the guy!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes. He is similar to the guy in the Detroit interview. When Stevie said she didn't want to do another greatest hits tour like Unleashed, he jumped in and contradicted her. She was trying to discuss her back catalog including angel and SOTM. He interrupted and told her that the fans wanted to hear all of the hit songs and said it made him sad to hear her say that she felt she HAD to play those. He wanted her to WANT to play Dreams. That guy was totally annoying. He is why we can never have nice things.

Michele
True!
I've actually been to a concert like that, except it was a band who covered all of Sgt. Pepper on the anniversary of its release a couple years ago. They did a small set of their own music, it was a local band, and then they played the Beatles album all the way through. They were a pretty decent band, and I think regardless, it's really fun to hear an album live in its entirety! However! Not Rumours... If anything, let's play Tusk all the way through But, ultimately, I don't think it's a good idea for them without Christine.

Quote:
But if she would do five, agree to that and then go for more after there is a commitment in place. Bait and switch -- or up the ante.

Michele
I knowww lol I just want it all!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Stevie's probably reluctant to record an EP's worth of songs, for the same reason Mick said Christine was reluctant to record a few new songs with the band in 2002 -- she's afraid she'll get roped into doing something more than she wishes to.

I still can't say I blame her, no matter how much I personally want new music from her in any form. She may say "the world doesn't want to hear 14 new songs," and that "there's no time in our lives to spend a year in the studio," but what she's really saying is, "If there's any hope for Lindsey & I to remain on speaking terms, we'd better just stick to touring."
Old 12-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love Lindsey's part of the interview! He is chatting like he chats to us! None of the usual know-by-heart babble! Funny and open and uninhibited! The Lindsey we know and love!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Stevie's probably reluctant to record an EP's worth of songs,
because she doesn't have any new songs, and she can't keep up with Lindsey's break-neck speed these days?

everything else sounds like a lot of rationalization.

the only song she said she could bring to the table was the 40 yo BN song.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only song I will be interested in with a new BN album is the new tune, which I think will be "Without You." However, if I want to listen to BN, I can just play the record, which is great quality. I wouldn't buy the new CD. I can download the new song online (and pay for it). I would be interested in a BN tour though.

Question: If Stevie doesn't think people want to buy full CDs anymore, why is she so into a BN re-released CD?

I don't personally know SN or LB so don't care why she doesn't want to contribute to at least one of her songs on the new FM stuff. I am just bummed that neither of the new FM songs include hers. I was at least hoping for one each.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
because she doesn't have any new songs, and she can't keep up with Lindsey's break-neck speed these days?

everything else sounds like a lot of rationalization.

the only song she said she could bring to the table was the 40 yo BN song.
Yeah - okay. Why would you think she doesn't have new songs? Lindsey was probably baiting her with that ridiculous comment. Stevie has more songs in one journal than he has probably written ever. LOL. Maybe she is just hanging onto to them & doesn't want him to work on them. Regardless, she's got songs. She could even pull one out of her a** if she had to.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

BTW Elle, you tickled me in pointing out some of the frankly "deviant" maneuvers to get new music.

Michele
Mitchell Froom?? how interesting might that be? we got to get those songs out somehow!!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Yeah - okay. Why would you think she doesn't have new songs? Lindsey was probably baiting her with that ridiculous comment. Stevie has more songs in one journal than he has probably written ever. LOL. Maybe she is just hanging onto to them & doesn't want him to work on them. Regardless, she's got songs. She could even pull one out of her a** if she had to.
Good. I hope Stevie takes the bait.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Yeah, me too.

But, I've calmed down since I first read this RS article. They're full of it. LOL.

We'll see what happens.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Question: If Stevie doesn't think people want to buy full CDs anymore, why is she so into a BN re-released CD?
good point.

Quote:
me too - and fast!!
so they are done with recording that album before the tour and can put it while touring.