Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Chicago 4/13

New thread for tomorrow night's show! This will be my first FM concert besides seeing Stevie solo on her IYD tour.

I know there are pros and cons to this tour..but regardless I cannot wait to see these beautiful performers with my own eyes. Let's appreciate their talents while we can!

Who's going?! I'm center floor Row 18!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by britt0308 View Post
New thread for tomorrow night's show! This will be my first FM concert besides seeing Stevie solo on her IYD tour.

I know there are pros and cons to this tour..but regardless I cannot wait to see these beautiful performers with my own eyes. Let's appreciate their talents while we can!

Who's going?! I'm center floor Row 18!
didn't you also see Lindsey on his last solo tour?

have fun!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
didn't you also see Lindsey on his last solo tour?

have fun!!
No Elle I was considering one of his city winery Chi shows last fall. But with school and money I just ended up not going. NOT passing up his next solo leg however, you can count on that!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Enjoy the show tonight who is going tonight I will be going next Saturday on April 20th to see them here in Connecticut have blast everyone enjoy. I will break out the bank roll I am been seeing them live since 1987 and Stevie solo since 1986.I an invested as I was debating wether to go or not so I am going like I always do I need to get out have a little fun.So will be partying the mac next Saturday.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How are people getting such good seats? I have seen them 1000 times and cannot get a good seat. I need to be front and center.

There are no cons to the show. They are amazing. This is my third show this week. I cannot believe I had to wait 5 days from DC!

Does anyone have the words to Without You? I love that song. So Buckingham Nicks like - It makes me really want that second BN album!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
How are people getting such good seats? I have seen them 1000 times and cannot get a good seat. I need to be front and center.
3 ways from what i gathered -
  • Mick's tickets if you got them immediately when they went on sale
  • platinums (many of those prices went down closer to the show and great ones were available for just a bit over face, in some cases even better seats than Mick's for cheaper)
  • buying tickets day of the show, or within last 2 days, when unsold platinums went back into the pool (i think?).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandbackStevie View Post
Enjoy the show tonight who is going tonight I will be going next Saturday on April 20th to see them here in Connecticut have blast everyone enjoy. I will break out the bank roll I am been seeing them live since 1987 and Stevie solo since 1986.I an invested as I was debating wether to go or not so I am going like I always do I need to get out have a little fun.So will be partying the mac next Saturday.
glad you decided to go!

Old 04-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Have fun guys tonight at the show.Enjoy and be safe.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
glad you decided to go!
Everyone around had bets that I was going anyway and I am going I don't vacation much and have the cash to do it.It doesn't matter where I sit as long as I am there usually there is cool people around at every show.Us Fleetwood Mac fans are the best have to say always cool people at the shows the ones I have gone to.I hope I can get a ticket tommorow or monday and will be excited about going to see them on the 4/20 at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville,Connecticut. Maybe gamble a few bucks too.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Junior Ledgie

Center floor row 2 with M&G! Can't wait! Mom and I are SOOO looking forward to it!
Old 06-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chicago Now, January 26, 2013 By Teppi Jacobsen

Fleetwood Mac at the United Center or I had my tickets until I was scammed

http://www.chicagonow.com/when-you-p...s-scammed-123/

To the person that conned me into paying $440 for four Fleetwood Mac tickets:

I really thought you were legit. I wanted to believe that since you were pretty "normal" when you responded to my Craigslist request to find tickets that I would actually get them. I've purchased tickets through Craigslist before and always gotten them. So, when you responded, I thought WOW, this is amazing.

What you don't understand, now that I have figured out that I will never get those tickets is just how much I wanted to see them. For many reasons. In 1977 when I was in college I frequented a bar in Palatine called Durty Nellies. It was a great place for college kids to hang and holds many fun memories for me. I remember one night standing by the jukebox and hearing a song called Monday Morning". It was from a newer band called Fleetwood Mac. I was instantly hooked.

I saw them in concert later that year and was mesmerized. Loved them. I still loved them years later. In 2003 I saw them at the Allstate Arena. They were even better than they were in 1977, kinda like a fine wine that had aged so well.

I'll never forget that concert because that was around the last time my life was normal. Four weeks after that I was diagnosed with cancer and I recall that concert as the last fun event of my life "BC" (before cancer). I can still envision Lindsey Buckingham killing it on his guitar singing "Looking out for love". Crazy Good. Stevie Nicks voice as clear as a bell singing "Landslide". I am kinda nerdy like that. Music means so much to me; I relate songs and groups to times of my life.

So here I was, offered 4 tickets to the concert this coming April and great seats to boot! You were very patient while I waited to see who would go with me. My daughters were so excited as when they were little girls we enjoyed watching their concert "The Dance" on PBS. We had formed a kick line and danced to "Don't Stop Thinking About tomorrow". So I would take them, what a night I was looking forward to!!!

You requested I pay you through paypal and that gave me the comfort that you were on the level. You answered every email I sent prior to the purchase within seconds. Funny, once I paid for the tickets you haven't answered me at all about mailing them. The fact is there are no tickets and they will never be mailed. You're pretty savvy; you know that you'll get your money and that if I'm lucky and can prove I was scammed I'll get my money back through paypal. I'm sure you see that as a win win. Wrong. I still have no tickets.

I was willing to pay a good deal to see them because they are a part of my past that I hold very dear. You have ruined that for me. I am out $440 and now I am too wary to try Craigslist again. Tickets have been long sold out and until I get my money back I can't afford to buy more.

I hope that people reading this will be careful to not fall into the same trap. I thought I was smart enough to smell a scam. Silly me. I'm just another sucker that fell for it and let my emotions take over my sensibility. I so wanted to see them. I so still do. So you managed to really screw this pooch so to speak. I can only hope that what goes around will come around.

Lindsey and Stevie, I'm not giving up.

If you feel like following my quest for justice or to read my other ramblings, please visit my Facebook page and "like" me!
Old 06-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

June 15, 2013 Chicago Now

http://www.chicagonow.com/when-you-p...-see-them-123/

Fleetwood Mac in Chicago: why it was so important I see them

Back in January I wrote about how I was scammed buying tickets to see Fleetwood Mac. I was sad. I was mad. I was everything you can imagine. All over a band you say? Sure, there are more important things in the world than seeing a concert. But this one meant a lot to me.

I never did get tickets to the concert at The United Center in April. However, the demand for them was so high that they added a second concert at the Allstate Arena last night. I was fortunate - I got tickets. And I did it through Ticketmaster. Not some low life scam artist on Craigslist.

And if I may say the concert was worth twice what I paid and then some I'm not exaggerating. It was that good. For so many reasons on so many levels.

Music is as important to me as breathing. Well, maybe not that important but you get the picture. It defines my life, stages of it and where I may have been at any given time. It transcends words. This particular band has spent thirty five years with me, singing to me, creating moments that are unforgettable.

When I saw the band for the first time in 1977 I was with my best friend at the United Center which was still at that time, The Chicago Stadium. Last night as I enjoyed the concert with my grown daughters and husband, that friend was at home waiting for her daughter to go into labor. She is becoming a grandmother. There was a certain irony to this as Stevie Nicks sang "Landslide". She sang of getting older. We also had a friend years ago that claimed she wrote the song and I chuckled to myself as it was performed.

I had written in my previous blog about how seeing them in 2003 was the last normal thing I did before I was diagnosed with cancer. So, to be there last night ten years later alive and well was overwhelming. Particularly to be with my girls who I could share the evening with and enjoy it so much together.

Whenever an evening can take me back to my youth I embrace it. I marveled at the band who despite all being in their sixties performed like they did in 1977. Even better than that. Seasoned, perfected performances.

One of the main things that really struck me last night was the overall feeling in the Arena. It was electric. It was emotional. Maybe I'm being dramatic, I don't know. But tell me that watching this wouldn't get you shaking your head asking "wow, how does he do that?"

(Can't figure out how to upload my own video but this is what I witnessed last night, even better)

It was also something to see the relationship between Stevie Nicks and Buckingham. Knowing the back story of their tumultuous time together and them putting that all behind them was a testament to what time can do for all of us, it can heal. They closed the concert with this song, "Say Goodbye". Buckingham explained he wrote it as a way to come to terms with things that happened in the past and make way for the future. Again, I did not video this last night but the performance was just as good.

When the concert ended, each member said a few words. It was Nicks who put it into the words I couldn't think of. That here we were 35 years after their album "Rumours" came out and embracing each song as if it were the first time we'd heard it.

For me, being alive ten years after cancer made hearing those songs all that much more special. And seeing the happiness in that room, in the midst of a crazy messed up world, priceless.

Thanks Ticketmaster, for not scamming me.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Oh, ticketmaster scams you, lady. Never think they don't.

Michele