The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Before everyone gets on board the Lindsey is a dick train (which already seems to be leaving the station), his reservations were about Christine joining the band for a guest appearance, not as a full-fledged member. We have no idea how he feels about that, so you might as well wait and see if he talks about it in an interview before the mud is thrown.

His concern seemed to be Christine getting the bulk of the reviews/headlines when she was just there for a couple shows when the rest of them had been there for the rehearsals and the rest of the shows, putting in the bulk of the work. Whether or not you agree with him, it's how he felt and Christine even said it was a valid concern. Now if she joined full time recording and touring, I think he'd probably have a much different point of view on that. In fact, it seems to me that he might enjoy her returning to the band as he seemed to be hurt when she left.

Bottom line is, he has not come out and said he's against Christine joining, so what's the point in insulting him now before his thoughts on Christine rejoining are known?

Last edited by redtulip; 11-22-2013 at 03:14 PM..
Old 11-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Before everyone gets on board the Lindsey is a dick train (which already seems to be leaving the station), his reservations were about Christine joining the band for a guest appearance, not as a full-fledged member. We have no idea how he feels about that, so you might as well wait and see if he talks about it in an interview before the mud is thrown.

His concern seemed to be Christine getting the bulk of the reviews/headlines when she was just there for a couple shows when the rest of them had been there for the rehearsals and the rest of the shows, putting in the bulk of the work. Whether or not you agree with him, it's how he felt and Christine even said it was a valid concern. Now if she joined full time recording and touring, I think he'd probably have a much different point of view on that. In fact, it seems to me that he might enjoy her returning to the band as he seemed to be hurt when she left.

Bottom line is, he has not come out and said he's against Christine joining, so what's the point in insulting him now before his thoughts on Christine rejoining are known?
I was, of course, speaking tongue-in-cheekly. Do I think Lindsey would undermine her efforts to come back on a full-time basis? Probably not. He just seems the most likely of any of them (again, making a joke here)

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 11-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I would certainly love to hear what he says on the matter, eventually. Her return wouldn't really be all that different to his in 1997.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I respect everyone's opinions.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm really surprised! Of course, I've wanted Christine to come back, but I didn't think she would!!
Old 11-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Is it that time again?

Quote:
Before everyone gets on board the Lindsey is a dick train (which already seems to be leaving the station),
ALL ABOARD!

Old 11-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
ALL ABOARD!

Choo Choo.

Please Lindsey, compromise is a good thing. Let Christine rejoin, and let her use a tour bus whenever possible. I'd have the dates w/ Chris spread out over several months, than dates without her.

If they record an album, Chris can do her bit from England if she's good with technology.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder when this interview was done. Maybe Stevie went back to England after the Amsterdam show. But, hell yeah!!! I hope she comes back. I would like to see this line up one more time

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 11-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess the clues were there- Christine looking just so happy and at ease in public recently; she can still nail it vocally; those cagey remarks about her new songs possibly being for a solo album; Mick talking about how her return "would be entertained" before they "knock it on the head".

She sounds as if she would tour as well as record- I can't believe that Lindsey would block her return after his (only) nine-year break. John's health willing, I believe this is really going to happen. That meteor that hit Russia last year- wasn't it really just a small asteroid, anyway?
Old 11-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really doubt that Lindsey is against Christine rejoining the band. I mean, its impossible for him not to know how much the fans miss her, plus she was in the band before him, plus she wrote half of their hits, plus he left the band, and came back after 10 years. In case he really is, he gives the ahole a whole new meaning.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes !!!! I hope they do a new CD first and then tour as they could really milk the new CD and then the tour. Tickets will hopefully not be as expensive as Eagles or Stones Ticket prices. I presume they would all welcome her back. I just hope they do it soon as they are all getting on in age.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really hope the 5 can get back together for another LP and Tour. If it is all true and she does rejoin it would make a very happy 2014 for me. First of all though I hope John makes a speedy recovery.