The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-19-2020, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie posts letter about Ruth Bader Ginsburg death on social media.

September 18, 2020

RBG,

She was my hero. She fought for me, and all women. I feel today very much like I felt on the night my own mother died. I feel like someone punched me in the stomach. My tears have not stopped since a friend tip toed into my room and said ‘Stevie,’ Ruth died. (No need for the last name...)

I so believed that she would live for a few more years. I wanted to meet her. I wanted to hold her hand and give her a huge hug and thank her for all she had done for women, and for all she would continue to do.

If I lived in Washington D.C., I would be standing on the steps of the Supreme Court with as many long stemmed red roses as I could hold - and a candle. I will light that candle here, at my house, right now- and I will go find the most beautiful rose in the back yard-

It is my great regret that I did not make the effort to go and try and meet her. As with all legends, you think they will live forever, so you will get there in time.

I did not get to meet her. I did not get to stand in her grace. What a loss...

She was a political rock star -

As a two-time Rock and Roll of Fame inductee, the first female to be inducted twice, compared to 22 men been inducted twice, I Stevie Nicks, induct Ruth Bader Ginsburg into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame of my life-

She was our girl-
Our champion-
Our finest example-
She was Ruth-
Old 09-19-2020, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"As a two-time Rock and Roll of Fame inductee, the first female to be inducted twice, compared to 22 men been inducted twice, I Stevie Nicks, induct Ruth Bader Ginsburg into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame of my life-"
------------------------------------------

At least she didn't make it about herself...

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 09-19-2020 at 01:35 AM..
Old 09-19-2020, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
"As a two-time Rock and Roll of Fame inductee, the first female to be inducted twice, compared to 22 men been inducted twice, I Stevie Nicks, induct Ruth Bader Ginsburg into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame of my life-"

That is exactly what I thought. I cringed when she mentioned the two-time inductee crap.

On another note, I’m really worried about our country. As if we haven’t had enough division, now we have her death adding fuel to a powder keg. I’m afraid we are headed for a Civil War. The timing of her death is very bad. I thought things were calming down a little and now this.The next three or four months are going to be hell. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
Old 09-19-2020, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
That is exactly what I thought. I cringed when she mentioned the two-time inductee crap.

On another note, I’m really worried about our country. As if we haven’t had enough division, now we have her death adding fuel to a powder keg. I’m afraid we are headed for a Civil War. The timing of her death is very bad. I thought things were calming down a little and now this.The next three or four months are going to be hell. 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
EVERYTHING is about her. She can't reference anything without making it about herself.

We've been on this path for more than 4 years. This is a bit more fuel on the fire, though. I can't wait for it to be over. As if it ever will be...
Old 09-19-2020, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
EVERYTHING is about her. She can't reference anything without making it about herself.

We've been on this path for more than 4 years. This is a bit more fuel on the fire, though. I can't wait for it to be over. As if it ever will be...
I know. That is what I thought too. She couldn’t resist putting that in there. She will be humbled soon. Her album is going to flop. People aren’t buying albums now and older artists have a really bad time. She’ll be lucky to sell 20k copies it. Sheryl crow couldn’t even sell 50k of her last non-live album.

Anyway, I have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach about Ginsburg’s death. Violence and rioting has already been normalized. This may push people over the edge.
Old 09-19-2020, 03:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So what friend tiptoed into her room and gave her the news? I don’t think she was referring to Karen.

And no offense to RBG. It’s not as if my friends and I have not spoken about her a lot in the last three months and hoped and prayed that she could just hold on a little longer. We have. She is known and has been on everyone’s tongue lately. But if someone tiptoed into my room and said that Ruth died I would still go, “Wait, what? Who??”

First I would think they were referring to a friend of my mother’s named Ruth and my next guess would be Ruth Wilson. I really don’t refer to the Notorious RBG as Ruth.

But, if they shook me awake and said Stevie died, Stevie would be glad to know that the very first Stevie I would think of would be her. The next Stevie would be Stevie Wonder.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

I don't know if you if you know this but Silver Girl was written about RBG. She was a silver girl lost in a high tech world.

I highly doubt Stevie wrote this statement but she may have approved it or saw it later. Its much too childlike even for her. But you never know. It would have been nice for the statement to throw in a few lines from Silver Girl. The last line should have read....she was our (silver) Girl
Old 09-19-2020, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't know if you if you know this but Silver Girl was written about RBG. She was a silver girl lost in a high tech world.

I highly doubt Stevie wrote this statement but she may have approved it or saw it later. Its much too childlike even for her. But you never know. It would have been nice for the statement to throw in a few lines from Silver Girl. The last line should have read....she was our (silver) Girl
Silver Girl was written about Sheryl Crow, not Ginsburg. Did Steviebjustvssy that to suit the times or something? Back in 2003 shrr Ed was telling everyone it was about Sheryl.

Anyway, Stevie is getting a lot of attention for her dedication... hmmm... Ann Wilson is also talking about the Supreme Court... Clint Eastwood is talking unborn babies and the Supreme Court... What a mess!!!!
Old 09-19-2020, 11:56 AM
Macfan4life
This message has been deleted by Macfan4life.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Silver Girl was written about Sheryl Crow, not Ginsburg. Did Steviebjustvssy that to suit the times or something? Back in 2003 shrr Ed was telling everyone it was about Sheryl.

Anyway, Stevie is getting a lot of attention for her dedication... hmmm... Ann Wilson is also talking about the Supreme Court... Clint Eastwood is talking unborn babies and the Supreme Court... What a mess!!!!
It was an inside joke for Homer
Old 09-19-2020, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

I'm sure she wrote it about whoever fits the situation currently at hand. She can rewrite history like a MF.

And I doubt anything is too childlike for her.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:13 PM

I'm so saddened to read about Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death.
To even mention Stevie's creds vs this amazing woman makes me cringe and quite frankly a little ill.

C'mon. $tevie stop acting like a child. Me me me me me me.....

Honor this amazing woman and move on. Step away from the keyboard you egomaniac
Old 09-19-2020, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know. That is what I thought too. She couldn’t resist putting that in there. She will be humbled soon. Her album is going to flop. People aren’t buying albums now and older artists have a really bad time. She’ll be lucky to sell 20k copies it. Sheryl crow couldn’t even sell 50k of her last non-live album.

Anyway, I have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach about Ginsburg’s death. Violence and rioting has already been normalized. This may push people over the edge.
I think she knows that the album won't be a big seller. I would not compare her to Sheryl though...she does not have the same die hard fan base as La Nicks. I also think that this was her last big solo tour on that scale as was the Fakewood Mac tour last year.

Old 09-19-2020, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I think she knows that the album won't be a big seller. I would not compare her to Sheryl though...she does not have the same die hard fan base as La Nicks. I also think that this was her last big solo tour on that scale as was the Fakewood Mac tour last year.
Her die hard fan base is almost extinct and she did it herself. She lost a lot of fans over Lindsey’s firing. Many people will not forgive for that. She ruined any chance of them recording again. No one cares about this new, fake Fleetwood Mac group. Hardly anyone posts anymore.

Her new album is behind Bella Donna and Crystal Visions on sales and it’s a brand new album. Even though it’s just a Live album it should be #1. Not good for her.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Her die hard fan base is almost extinct and she did it herself. She lost a lot of fans over Lindsey’s firing. Many people will not forgive for that. She ruined any chance of them recording again. No one cares about this new, fake Fleetwood Mac group. Hardly anyone posts anymore.

Her new album is behind Bella Donna and Crystal Visions on sales and it’s a brand new album. Even though it’s just a Live album it should be #1. Not good for her.
The Ledge board is not a good metric of how many die hard fans remain plenty of them continue to paint Lindsey as the villain. I really don't think that she is concerned with new album sales anymore . If really needs the money she could pimp out her songs for ads .Dreams and Landslide alone should be worth millions. BTW I think that they should all retire now and no longer tour in any capacity .Their vocal skills are too diminished.

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 09-20-2020 at 12:34 AM..
Old 09-20-2020, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
The Ledge board is not a good metric of how many die hard fans remain plenty of them continue to paint Lindsey as the villain. I really don't think that she is concerned with new album sales anymore . If really needs the money she could pimp out her songs for ads .Dreams and Landslide alone should be worth millions. BTW I think that they should all retire now and no longer tour in any capacity .Their vocal skills are too diminished.
Who said number one? I’m talking about being able to sale 50,000 copies of it, not 4 million. Stevie has always cared about sales and the album flopping should settle her ego a little. Bella Donna is not selling many copies these days and the new album can’t even beat that.