Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie thanks Jimmy Iovine for encouraging solo career

Stevie Nicks had a monumental Thursday, starting the day by being elected to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame as a solo artist and ending it onstage with Fleetwood Mac playing before a sold-out audience for the second of three nights at the Forum.

During the show, Nicks addressed her big news that day, saying there was one person early on who assured her that a solo career wouldn’t have to conflict with Fleetwood Mac. That man was Jimmy Iovine, who Nicks said was in the building on this night. In honor of the Rock Hall news, Nicks dedicated a flawless version of “Landslide” to Iovine.

Nicks pointed out that Iovine told her she could make both worlds work. “He was right,” she said. “Here we are.”

Nicks joked about their relationship, saying that after they began working together, “ten days later we were living together. Things moved fast in those days,” she said, smiling.

Nicks also explained how much his support meant as she worked to balance both worlds and what it meant to be recognized as a solo artist. “I never wanted to go to Hawaii,” she said, referring to times when other band members would celebrate the end of a group tour by heading to their vacation homes while she would move on to a solo album or tour. “I want to be on the road. That’s part of who I am.”
Old 12-14-2018, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
“I never wanted to go to Hawaii,” she said, referring to times when other band members would celebrate the end of a group tour by heading to their vacation homes while she would move on to a solo album or tour. “I want to be on the road. That’s part of who I am.”
LOLOLOL I love the way she rewrites her history. She's been to Hawaii many times. Plus she complained endlessly throughout the 70's and 80's how much she hated touring for a year with Fleetwood Mac. As many of you know it was always in whatever current tour that it was where she would complain about the last tour they did and how LB made it hell for her. It wasn't until this century that her touring complaints stopped. And she never once said any of her solo tours were too long.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
LOLOLOL I love the way she rewrites her history. She's been to Hawaii many times. Plus she complained endlessly throughout the 70's and 80's how much she hated touring for a year with Fleetwood Mac. As many of you know it was always in whatever current tour that it was where she would complain about the last tour they did and how LB made it hell for her. It wasn't until this century that her touring complaints stopped. And she never once said any of her solo tours were too long.
And it's really hilarious when she talks about songwriting, as if she actually has written any for the last 15 years.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
And it's really hilarious when she talks about songwriting, as if she actually has written any for the last 15 years.
Paving the way for not mentioning LB during her speech. She is the WORST.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
When asked at MusiCares what Fleetwood Mac was doing next... “I don’t know, but I’m going to Hawaii for two months”
Old 12-15-2018, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
When asked at MusiCares what Fleetwood Mac was doing next... “I don’t know, but I’m going to Hawaii for two months”
There is even this Vanity article that is literally titled "WHERE I GO: Stevie Nicks," with the opening line, "The former Fleetwood Mac rocker trades the stage for Hawaiian shores when her wild heart seeks respite."

https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2011/11/stevie-nicks

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 12-15-2018 at 02:04 AM..
Old 12-15-2018, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I cut her slack on this one. I believe starting with 2001 she has toured every year but two: 2002 and 2010 (when she was making Say You Will and In Your Dreams).

Last edited by cbBen; 12-15-2018 at 08:38 AM..
Old 12-15-2018, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Stevie Nicks had a monumental Thursday, starting the day by being elected to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame as a solo artist and ending it onstage with Fleetwood Mac playing before a sold-out audience for the second of three nights at the Forum.

During the show, Nicks addressed her big news that day, saying there was one person early on who assured her that a solo career wouldn’t have to conflict with Fleetwood Mac. That man was Jimmy Iovine, who Nicks said was in the building on this night. In honor of the Rock Hall news, Nicks dedicated a flawless version of “Landslide” to Iovine.

Nicks pointed out that Iovine told her she could make both worlds work. “He was right,” she said. “Here we are.”

Nicks joked about their relationship, saying that after they began working together, “ten days later we were living together. Things moved fast in those days,” she said, smiling.

Nicks also explained how much his support meant as she worked to balance both worlds and what it meant to be recognized as a solo artist. “I never wanted to go to Hawaii,” she said, referring to times when other band members would celebrate the end of a group tour by heading to their vacation homes while she would move on to a solo album or tour. “I want to be on the road. That’s part of who I am.”
is this the same person who was moaning a few years back about going to her little trailer in Malibu and taking time off for a while?

The same woman who moaned for years about moving off to a house on a cliff above the ocean? About how she could give it all up and move to a monastery like a monk?

Let's face it, if she's not working, she doesn't know what to do with herself, because so many of her interactions with people in her life are based around her work. She spent her whole life creating "Stevie Nicks" that she doesn't know who she is in real life.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If you re-read the article, you'll see Stevie acknowledges going to Hawaii for a vacation... and then getting back to work on an album or tour. There's no contradiction there. However, it's nice to know there are fans here who are able to whip out quotes from 30+years ago looking to find any inaccuracy. There are plenty of legit contradictions out of Stevie's mouth, so how about keeping to those, instead of making up new ones?

I'm beginning to understand why John McVie hardly ever gives interviews.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m for cutting her some slack here, too.
The woman has been honoured, doesn’t matter what you think about it.
She’s naturally excited and has a right to be...so she forgets stuff, embelishes other things, Forgets other chunks of her life.
She’s seventy for goodness sake.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice try, but I was actually quoting her from the 2000s and later...