User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...rts-event.html

Sheryl Crow:

"Although she’s given up touring for the time being, she’s currently working on a new album with collaborators Keith Richards, Willie Nelson, Stevie Nicks and others.
‘It’s been good for me to just be bored and creative, to be present. In the meantime, I’ve made a record with friends, hopefully out in the beginning of next year: Stevie Nicks, Willie Nelson…’"

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Sheryl Crow:

"Although she’s given up touring for the time being, she’s currently working on a new album with collaborators Keith Richards, Willie Nelson, Stevie Nicks and others.
‘It’s been good for me to just be bored and creative, to be present. In the meantime, I’ve made a record with friends, hopefully out in the beginning of next year: Stevie Nicks, Willie Nelson…’"
Well, that's interesting news. I had often found myself wondering if Stevie and Sheryl were still friends. This answers that. Michele
Old 08-17-2016, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music...-night-8558997

Adele compliments Phoenix during her show there: "Well done, Phoenix, for raising Stevie Nicks. Oh, I should have learned a Stevie Nicks song! Oh well, next time."
Old 09-03-2016, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From an interview with a staffer at 417 Magazine, Chelsea Warren, September 2016

by Kevin O'Reilly

http://www.417mag.com/417-Magazine/S...helsea-Warren/

What celebrity would you most like to have coffee and conversation with? Why?

Probably Stevie Nicks. She worked with so many amazing artists, and I’m sure she has some entertaining stories about the music industry in the ’70s and ’80s.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Celeb Mix by Jonathan Currinn

http://celebmix.com/25-superstar-fem...ber-one-album/

These 25 female singers have never been at the top of the UK Albums Chart

Best known for her time with Fleetwood Mac, she went off and had a successful solo career, but never had a UK number one album. She did get to number three on the chart though, back in 1989 with “The Other Side of the Mirror”

As for singles, she really hasn’t done well at all. The best she’s done was her 2006 collaboration with Deep Dish on song “Dreams” which charted at 14.

She recently announced that she would commit to recording a new Fleetwood Mac album.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[Radio Milwaukee Interview with Big Thief by Amelinda Burich 9/20/2016]

http://radiomilwaukee.org/discover-m...now-big-thief/

4. If you could collaborate with anyone dead or alive who would you pick?

Leonard Cohen. To me he’s a teacher, a muse. Not necessarily because I think we would write the best song in the world or anything, but just to absorb whatever possible about his being. He’s incredible. He’s so full of grace and humility. He’s made his work for such a long time and been true to it and is still doing it. When I saw him live it was so special, I feel like his poetry and his thinking and ideas go beyond just being a songwriter.

The other person I would want to collaborate with is Stevie Nicks. Her voice…I think she’s my favorite singer.
Old 10-15-2016, 01:38 PM

John Farnham ‘not sacked’ from Stevie Nicks tour
John Farnham’s manager Glenn Wheatley has denied reports the singer was fired from a double-bill tour with Stevie Nicks in 2006 because he treated the Fleetwood Mac star badly.
AAA - The West Australian on October 14, 2016, 8:56 am

Tour promoter Andrew McManus claimed he fired Farnham and added that Nicks “didn’t know why a support act would treat her so badly”.

However, Wheatley told a Melbourne newspaper that Farnham had “never been sacked in his life”.

“At the risk of turning this into War and Peace ... we weren’t sacked,” Wheatley said.

“All he did was go on stage every night, blow Stevie off the stage, and she couldn’t cope.”

Wheatley said he and Farnham didn’t “even say a word” to Nicks during the tour.

“She was too busy in her coven with black drapes, lit candles, ouija boards and whatever else,” he said.

“We didn’t have the chance to treat her badly. Given the chance, we would have.”

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/en...ie-nicks-tour/
Old 10-15-2016, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Article about Medium Thomas John] Vogue by Kristen Anderson 10/15/2016

http://www.vogue.com/13491376/thomas...lywood-medium/

I’m something of a proud skeptic. I’ll go in for the arcane, the recherché to a degree; I believe in ghosts, I think. My friends who find comfort in healing quartzes, I don’t judge (though I’ve never paid a sidewalk palm reader, either). It’s when someone stands to make a dollar out of the deal that my scoff reflex kicks in. So when I joined a colleague and close friend, Emily Farra, at a brand event this summer proffering an intimate reading with celebrity medium, Thomas John, I was willing, if pretty pessimistic. John counts among his clients Julianne Moore, Jennifer Lopez, Stevie Nicks (a witchy woman if ever there was one), Goldie Hawn, and Courteney Cox. How could I resist?
Old 10-16-2016, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Hands in the Air photographer talks about his fundraising pictures for Rett Syndrome]

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/life...-a-9972300.php

He began searching his photo collection for singers raising their arms. From then on, whenever he was shooting photos at a concert, he would wait for performers to raise their arm and capture the moment.

All of the artists are pictured front and center, facing forward, raising their arms - except one: Stevie Nicks. She has her back to the camera. Her choice.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Hands in the Air photographer talks about his fundraising pictures for Rett Syndrome]

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/life...-a-9972300.php

He began searching his photo collection for singers raising their arms. From then on, whenever he was shooting photos at a concert, he would wait for performers to raise their arm and capture the moment.

All of the artists are pictured front and center, facing forward, raising their arms - except one: Stevie Nicks. She has her back to the camera. Her choice.
It says you have to be a subscriber to read the article. Michele, do you know if it includes the picture of Stevie?

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
It says you have to be a subscriber to read the article. Michele, do you know if it includes the picture of Stevie?
No, it doesn't include that.

Michele
Old 10-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No, it doesn't include that.

Michele
Thank you.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From an article about a man who worked as Ronald McDonald in the eighties]

Atlas Obscura By Eric Grundhauser OCTOBER 18, 2016

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles...onald-mcdonald

After four years as McDonald’s' official clown, Arem stepped away from the character to pursue other character opportunities, but his time with McDonald’s wasn’t up yet. In 1985, McDonald’s created a character aimed at the adult market, named Mac Tonight. The character was a 1950s- inspired piano crooner, with a crescent moon for a head. The character originated in a series of popular television commercials, and eventually Arem was tapped to appear as Mac in a series of live performances.

Giving him a giant moon-head and costume, Arem as Mac would hop in a vintage car and show up to different events, often hosted by radio personalities. During his brief, month-long tenure as the moon man, Arem got to meet some of his personal heroes after being invited to host a benefit event by rock star Dave Mason. “Roy Orbison was there, Stevie Nicks, both of them performed. Van Halen was there. Plus there were entertainers in the audience. And they asked me to MC it!”

After his stint as Mac Tonight, Arem left McDonald’s behind, but continues to perform as a fitness educator.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From an article on Bon Iver]

Loyola Phoenix By Brianna Fenzl|Posted on October 19, 2016 8:57 p.m. CT

http://www.loyolaphoenix.com/2016/10...ie-folk-sound/

The song “29 #Strafford APTS” mixes Vernon’s natural voice with the Auto-Tuned version of his voice to create an uplifting yet captivating track. The song’s soft, warm melody fills the listener with nostalgia. One surprise on the album is a sample of Stevie Nicks’ voice, taken from a YouTube video, in the background of“10dEAThbRE asT⚄⚄”—Nicks’ voice can be heard singing her song “Wild Heart.” The voice in the song sounds similar to that of the notorious Batman villain, Bane, but Bon Iver has that special touch that makes it enjoyable.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

KMAC

http://wfpl.org/kmacs-sisters-of-the...minine-divine/

KMAC’s ‘Sisters Of The Moon’ Considers The Feminine Divine

By Ashlie Stevens Arts and Culture October 19, 2016

There are certain craft activities that have traditionally been classified as feminine: sewing, weaving, and knitting to name a few.

For this reason, according to Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft curator Joey Yates, female artists who’ve dealt in those forms of expression were often dismissed from contemporary artistic discourse.

But then things began to change.

“Going back to the 70s, a lot of female artists have taken up those practices as a way to reclaim them,” Yates says.

This is a thread that is woven throughout KMAC’s latest exhibition “Sisters of the Moon: Art and the Feminine Dimension.” This is the second exhibition in the museum following a full renovation.

The exhibit — borrowed from the title of a Fleetwood Mac song — features artists who investigate ideas related to mysticism and mythology, illuminating the creative spaces where female identity, artistic practice and spirituality converge.

Rooted in the ancient belief that women more fully embody the generative forces of nature — possessing a greater connection to the surrounding environment — this exhibition explores the poetics of nature and the feminine divine.

Though, according to Yates, similar to the way in which “feminine” craft techniques are often dismissed, the concept of divine feminine energy is overlooked.

“There is kind of a feminine divine that most of us don’t necessarily operate in or perhaps haven’t given much thought to because we all accept certain kinds of spiritual practices,” Yates says.

There are 16 artists represented in “Sisters of the Moon,” who work in diverse media including painting, drawing, collage, video, photography, ceramics and installation.

Yates says within the group, there are artists who look more directly at “the ancient idea of the feminine divine,” like Elizabeth Insogna who deals with reinterpreting classic mythology. Then there are artists like Saya Woolfalk and Chitra Ganesh, who look at a futuristic aspect of women’s power and magic.

“Whenever you curate a group show, you’re putting artists in conversation with one another who haven’t been in conversation before,” Yates says. “So that’s kind of a good bookend — most things fit between that spectrum.”

“Sisters of the Moon” will be on display until January 2017. The exhibition will feature an event series corresponding with the full and new moons. More information is available here.