User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
True. He should be proud of that album. He and Sandy Stewart are the only two people responsible for her even being able to appear on that album. Without Seven Wonders, she wouldn't of even had a single the label could release. But alas here we are 30 years later and people forget these details.
“Tango…” was a pinnacle moment in Stevie’s solo career.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-13-2018, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looking forward to the RRHOF speech.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup. when she used renewed huge Fleetwood Mac popularity to effectively kill the band and resurrect her solo career. took her 20 years, a lot of digs on primarily LB, but she finally did it!
Old 12-13-2018, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
REALLY.....you can try and drop bait like that all you want, I'm not biting.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
If that's the case, then to "welcome her into the hall" of fame they should play "Welcome To The Room, Sara..." as she walks on stage.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:36 PM
Ledgie

I don't know what her problem is...maybe jealousy? Either way, I'll never feel the same way about her or her music. I can't even listen to her music anymore. She should not have pushed him out. I'm team Lindsey all the way.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Lindsey was such a superlative producer, he probably could have done much better with Stevie's demos. Welcome to the Room..Sara is fine, but it could have been epic. The song he chose not to use was better on Stevie's solo album. I'm looking at you JULIET! Look what he did to Smile At You on Say You Will. I don't call that genius.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
If Lindsey was such a superlative producer, he probably could have done much better with Stevie's demos. Welcome to the Room..Sara is fine, but it could have been epic. The song he chose not to use was better on Stevie's solo album. I'm looking at you JULIET! Look what he did to Smile At You on Say You Will. I don't call that genius.
I don't necessarily agree with your underlying premise that he wanted to make her look good and make up for shoddy material.......again.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Smile at You

Quote:
I know I'm one of the very few, but I love the "Smile at You" version on "Say You Will" over the demo - by far. The demo is angry like the song's sentiment, but I like the sublime production that Lindsey did to the song. You feel the anger without the angry vocals - the chorus with Stevie singing "I should had" intertwined with Lindsey's "just as fast as I can" is masterful to my ears. And the way the wounded guitar strums around Stevie's "Go on, save yourself.
Leave the key here. You love someone else.. I shouldn't be here.." as the songs winds down is killer. You feel the resentment without the anger. F@ckin brilliant.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post
I don't know what her problem is...maybe jealousy? Either way, I'll never feel the same way about her or her music. I can't even listen to her music anymore. She should not have pushed him out. I'm team Lindsey all the way.
Perfectly articulated. You should post more.

I need Stevie do the right thing and apologize and correct the public record and explain her decisions before I can stop getting the visceral reaction I get when listening to her songs these days.

Giving her a Rock A Little Hall Of Fame prize at this stage just makes it worse, not better.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Someone really needs to lay off the Klonopin.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I need Stevie do the right thing and apologize and correct the public record and explain her decisions before I can stop getting the visceral reaction I get when listening to her songs these days.

Giving her a Rock A Little Hall Of Fame prize at this stage just makes it worse, not better.
$he will NEVER apologize. $he's not capable of it. Her sh*t doesn't stink.

R&RHOF is the ultimate jewel in her crown. If we didn't think $he was the boss before, well, look TF out now.

It took her 43 years, but $he finally officially ruined the band of my life.
Old 12-14-2018, 03:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Lindsey was such a superlative producer, he probably could have done much better with Stevie's demos. ...Look what he did to Smile At You on Say You Will. I don't call that genius.
Yep. See "Everybody finds out" as another prime example for this. All this years later, he still felt the need to mix his "Big Love" grunts into a great song, basically ruining it with this and of course the dreaded 80s overproduction. Worst offender on an album that generally suffered from an outdated, overly fussy production ever since it came out.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 12-14-2018 at 03:41 AM..
Old 12-14-2018, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love how people who worship her act like she's never in the room when Lindsey works on her songs, as if she hands him a demo and walks out of the room and has no control over the final product. Give me a freakin break. The man couldn't even suggest changing tense on a verse. I'm POSITIVE if she didn't like the grunts on Everybody Finds Out, she would of said so.

And if we REALLY want to get into outdated production....should we delve into Ms. Nicks' catalog for a minute? Rock A Little, Wildfart, OSOTM...they've all aged exceptionally well

Last edited by BigAl84; 12-14-2018 at 09:26 AM..
Old 12-14-2018, 10:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
If Lindsey was such a superlative producer, he probably could have done much better with Stevie's demos. Welcome to the Room..Sara is fine, but it could have been epic.
I don't mean to stir anything up (I'm new around here ) but... I'd love to hear how the song could have been epic. The reason it's snoozy is because, well, it's a snoozy song from someone who really wasn't contributing anything artistic to this album (yes I know the meaning of the song, and I'm glad she got help). I mean, sure, it could have had a faster pace? Is that what you mean? I'm not sure that would've saved it. I'd love to hear how this track could have been made better and not be one of the basement dwellers on this album (which also happens to be one of my favorites... the cassette that made me an obsessed fan at the tender age of 7 ).