The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-22-2022, 11:27 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 14,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
1. Come
2. Come
3. Come (I mean itís long and bad enough right?)
4. Oh Diane
5. Murrow Turning Over in His Grave
THANK YOU!

See Macfan, it's not just me. Come is a horrible song. So is Murrow.

I can live with Oh Diane.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-22-2022, 12:38 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 4,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
THANK YOU!

See Macfan, it's not just me. Come is a horrible song. So is Murrow.

I can live with Oh Diane.
Not my favorite songs but I definitely like them. The guitar work is brilliant. Mick's drumming is really good on Murrow too. How anyone cannot appreciate Lindsey's skills on these songs is beyond me. Seriously. Its some of his best work and blows any song of his on Tusk out of the water. I hate it when Lindsey gets edgy with computers and programmed stuff like on Caroline. But pushing Mick and John and Lindsey's guitar to their creative edge is brilliant.
I will never apologize for Lindsey offending you for playing his guitar.

Hurry, run back to your seat Homer, the drum machine to Stand Back just began!
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which Iím not part of. We donít socialize much."

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-22-2022 at 12:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-22-2022, 01:22 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 14,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Not my favorite songs but I definitely like them. The guitar work is brilliant. Mick's drumming is really good on Murrow too. How anyone cannot appreciate Lindsey's skills on these songs is beyond me. Seriously. Its some of his best work and blows any song of his on Tusk out of the water. I hate it when Lindsey gets edgy with computers and programmed stuff like on Caroline. But pushing Mick and John and Lindsey's guitar to their creative edge is brilliant.
I will never apologize for Lindsey offending you for playing his guitar.

Hurry, run back to your seat Homer, the drum machine to Stand Back just began!
It's not his guitar playing, so stop saying that. It's the SCREAMING, and the fact that it's a sh*tty song.

And even you can see that I'm not the only person who hates it.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-22-2022, 02:50 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 4,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's not his guitar playing, so stop saying that. It's the SCREAMING, and the fact that it's a sh*tty song.

And even you can see that I'm not the only person who hates it.
I imagine you also have a dart board with Lindsey's face on it?

I suppose I am not as simplistic as to discard a song because of singing alone. I am more about the music and arrangements. There are fantastic songs with bad singing. Would you say this to Bob Dylan? He is a horrible singer. American Idol ruined music.
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which Iím not part of. We donít socialize much."

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-22-2022 at 03:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-22-2022, 10:15 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 14,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I imagine you also have a dart board with Lindsey's face on it?

I suppose I am not as simplistic as to discard a song because of singing alone. I am more about the music and arrangements. There are fantastic songs with bad singing. Would you say this to Bob Dylan? He is a horrible singer. American Idol ruined music.
Oh PUHLEEEEASE, because I don't like a couple of songs?

FM WOULD HAVE FALLEN INTO OBSCURITY BY 1980 IF IT WEREN'T FOR LINDSEY.

Bob Dylan is a highly overrated schmuck. And a horrible singer. At least we agree on something. NEXT!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-23-2022, 08:36 AM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,169
Default

Empire State
Teen Beat
Make Me a Mask
Say Goodbye
Not That Funny
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-24-2022, 01:53 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh PUHLEEEEASE, because I don't like a couple of songs?

FM WOULD HAVE FALLEN INTO OBSCURITY BY 1980 IF IT WEREN'T FOR LINDSEY.

Bob Dylan is a highly overrated schmuck. And a horrible singer. At least we agree on something. NEXT!
One time, an interviewer was talking to Cher and he complained about Sonny's nasal voice and Cher got upset about that and said that Bob Dylan couldn't sing either, what was the interviewer's point. I loved her for that. I always said of Cher that she might drag Sonny through the mud, but she wouldn't let anyone else do it in her presence.

We don't have many instances of the Macsters being protective of one another. That would warm the cockles of my heart.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-25-2022, 04:56 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
He sounded good on Don't Stop and World Turning.

I think the wrong Lindsey songs were chosen for him to sing.

If they had to do songs by Lindsey, I've already said Tusk should've been done, I think I'm So Afraid would've worked, and Eyes of the World.
I agree. He sounded terrible on SHN and MM. Hold Me he wasn't too bad. He kept Christine in tune for the most part. At least the shows I saw.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-25-2022, 05:26 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 11,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
He sounded good on Don't Stop and World Turning.

I think the wrong Lindsey songs were chosen for him to sing.

If they had to do songs by Lindsey, I've already said Tusk should've been done, I think I'm So Afraid would've worked, and Eyes of the World.
with the caveat that i was not (of course!) at any Fakewood shows, from youtube vids i saw, i thought Neil Finn actually sounded great on SHN. i do agree that it had no spirit and heart, but singing was on point and way more similar to the record than Lindsey's more recent live versions. and i think recorded SHN and early live versions were perfection.

i'm assuming that you are being just sarcastic about Tusk, ISA and Eyes because there's no way you can be serious. those are suck typical LB songs, and if you didn't like Neil's version of SHN and MM you would have hated whatever he could do with those songs. who exactly would do the ISA solo or Eyes outro? both those are such typical Lindsey guitars and from what i've heard in vids neither of those 2 guitarists they contracted for Fakewood could "play it like Lindsey."
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-25-2022, 06:06 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
with the caveat that i was not (of course!) at any Fakewood shows, from youtube vids i saw, i thought Neil Finn actually sounded great on SHN. i do agree that it had no spirit and heart, but singing was on point and way more similar to the record than Lindsey's more recent live versions. and i think recorded SHN and early live versions were perfection.

i'm assuming that you are being just sarcastic about Tusk, ISA and Eyes because there's no way you can be serious. those are suck typical LB songs, and if you didn't like Neil's version of SHN and MM you would have hated whatever he could do with those songs. who exactly would do the ISA solo or Eyes outro? both those are such typical Lindsey guitars and from what i've heard in vids neither of those 2 guitarists they contracted for Fakewood could "play it like Lindsey."
I went to multiple shows so I've heard Neil sing and I believe he could've sung the songs I mentioned and I'll add I Know I'm Not Wrong, Oh Well (Mike sounded like he was gargling), and Big Love.

Mike or Neil probably could play the guitar parts.
Mike did the shredding on Hold Me, it didn't sound great like Mirage, the soloing and outro to You Make Loving Fun. His soloing on Go Your Own Way and Second Hand News were too country twang... it was like Springsteen on Thundercrack.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-27-2022, 10:44 PM
WalkAThinLine. WalkAThinLine. is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 42
Default

A few years ago, I ranked 325 Fleetwood Mac songs from best to worst, so I am pulling the bottom five Buckingham songs and placing them here.

5th worst: Goodbye Angel (ranked #306 out of #325)

4th worst: Miss Fantasy (ranked #307 out of #325)

3rd worst: Doesn't Anything Last? (ranked #309 out of #325)

2nd worst: Oh Diane (ranked #315 out of #325)

Worst: It Takes Time (#319 out of #325)
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-28-2022, 12:41 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 14,054
Default

Not That Funny(live), is all I've got.

I like Family Man, and absolutely LOVE Empire State.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-28-2022, 03:52 AM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 946
Default

1. Not That Funny
2. Come
3. My Little Demon
4. That's Enough For Me
5. Red Rover
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-28-2022, 06:11 AM
WalkAThinLine. WalkAThinLine. is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Not That Funny(live), is all I've got.
The studio version of "Not That Funny" is not as egregious as the live version. I remember that a good portion of the audience quickly retreated to the concession stands upon hearing the first few notes of "Not That Funny" during their 2013 tour.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-28-2022, 06:26 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 4,533
Default

Yes people left during the Dance on NTF. I was floored they did that song again. I dont mind the earlier versions of NTF live because of Chris pounding away on the piano. It was a good jam. But after Mirage it should not have been performed live again. I could be wrong but on the Dance version Chris was not even on stage playing? It was more a a Lindsey jam. Forgive me my memory is foggy on this.

I am in the minority on The Ledge but I think The Ledge is one of my least favorite Lindsey songs. I like everything else on Tusk except this song
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which Iím not part of. We donít socialize much."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


This I Gotta See picture

This I Gotta See

$5.99



Music Through Heartsongs Songs Based Poems Mattie JT Stepanek by Billy Gilman CD picture

Music Through Heartsongs Songs Based Poems Mattie JT Stepanek by Billy Gilman CD

$5.09



Being Human picture

Being Human

$5.99



South of Heaven West of Hell Music picture

South of Heaven West of Hell Music

$5.99



MUSIC THROUGH HEARTSONGS: Poems of Mattie J.T. Stepanek - Billy Gilman, 2003 CD picture

MUSIC THROUGH HEARTSONGS: Poems of Mattie J.T. Stepanek - Billy Gilman, 2003 CD

$4.95




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved