Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2019, 11:44 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Is this the end of the line?
It will be awhile before we see Fleetwood Mac again. Neil Finn is reactivating Crowded House. Mike Campbell is finishing a studio album with his band, the Dirty Knobs.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Is this the end of the line?
If it isn't it should be. I have a difficult time imagining that they won't milk the "Farewell Tour " teat as long as they all still draw breath though.

Old 11-13-2019, 02:34 PM

It all depends on who is alive in Summer of 2021.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

Sad - but true.

Maybe it will lead to enjoying what is and what we got from that band instead of missing what isn't and what we didn't get.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It all depends on who is alive in Summer of 2021.
And who is on speaking terms.

Old 11-18-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
And who is on speaking terms.
Maybe Neil Finn since he's "the guy" and best singing partner for her.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly, she has known the guy for a year and all of a sudden he's "the best singing partner" for her? Finn must have internally rolled his eyes so hard!

So, basically Lindsey meant nothing in her life. Not romantically and not profesionally speaking. Maybe now she will finally stop mentioning him. Finally.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She said that? OMG, they sound awful.

As for FM, I think it's the end. They're all getting up there. By the time they'll get back together Christine will be pushing 80. Her voice is not what it used to be (and that's putting it mildly), Stevie sounds horrible and there's like what, 15 people on that stage? How many will there be if they get back together? 25?

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 01-02-2020, 04:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default my opinion

I NEVER buy into these breakups. I think Lindsey was aware of his heart condition and they all knew he could not do the tour. The 'estrangement' was staged for the press and social, to keep the cash flowing, and Lindsey will be back in the fold.
Just as he did Twister with her in 96 *when they were supposed to be at odds* and he played on IYD *after she was so 'miserable' after the no Christine tours*. It's all PR.
They'll do a farewell tour with the Rumours 5.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
I NEVER buy into these breakups. I think Lindsey was aware of his heart condition and they all knew he could not do the tour. The 'estrangement' was staged for the press and social, to keep the cash flowing, and Lindsey will be back in the fold.
Just as he did Twister with her in 96 *when they were supposed to be at odds* and he played on IYD *after she was so 'miserable' after the no Christine tours*. It's all PR.
They'll do a farewell tour with the Rumours 5.
I get why you are saying that - but I just can't agree. Not this time. Lindsey toured solo after he was fired for months. There's no way he knew of his heart condition and still did a tour. I get that a LB solo tour of small theaters isn't going to be as hectic as a full on Fleetwood Mac tour, but a solo tour also comes without all of the expenses (fancy planes and best hotels) that a Mac tour does.

He sued them. Not threatened. Actually sued. Papers were filed with the courts and a settlement was agreed to.

This isn't 1996. Or 1997. Or 1987. Hell, it's not even 2014. They are OLD. Their contemporaries are dropping like flies on a regular basis. Time is NOT on any of their sides. Planning some elaborate, hidden, stunt, that needs to have 3-4 years to fully play out....it just isn't in the cards at this point.

After how he was treated, I don't even want another Rumours tour. Not even a big final tour. It will be absolute garbage at this point. Fake hugs and warm glances? Give me a break. What else is there to prove? Nicks won't record anything new with the band, so what is there in another tour (other than the obviou$)? They reunited in 1997 and it was absolutely amazing. Then in 2014, out of the middle of nowhere, they unexpectedly reunited yet again and toured the world. It was unexpected, and it gave people like myself who were fans for decades but were 16 years old and not in attendance at The Dance tour a chance to see the five of them together. It was great...but the performances on stage certainly weren't Dance-era level. But at 33/34 years old, I got that chance and even kind of got a Tango in the Night focused concert with the four cuts. But now? For what? After what has gone on for the last two years, anything further with the five of them would just be downright gross.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I get why you are saying that - but I just can't agree. Not this time. Lindsey toured solo after he was fired for months. There's no way he knew of his heart condition and still did a tour. I get that a LB solo tour of small theaters isn't going to be as hectic as a full on Fleetwood Mac tour, but a solo tour also comes without all of the expenses (fancy planes and best hotels) that a Mac tour does.

He sued them. Not threatened. Actually sued. Papers were filed with the courts and a settlement was agreed to.

This isn't 1996. Or 1997. Or 1987. Hell, it's not even 2014. They are OLD. Their contemporaries are dropping like flies on a regular basis. Time is NOT on any of their sides. Planning some elaborate, hidden, stunt, that needs to have 3-4 years to fully play out....it just isn't in the cards at this point.

After how he was treated, I don't even want another Rumours tour. Not even a big final tour. It will be absolute garbage at this point. Fake hugs and warm glances? Give me a break. What else is there to prove? Nicks won't record anything new with the band, so what is there in another tour (other than the obviou$)? They reunited in 1997 and it was absolutely amazing. Then in 2014, out of the middle of nowhere, they unexpectedly reunited yet again and toured the world. It was unexpected, and it gave people like myself who were fans for decades but were 16 years old and not in attendance at The Dance tour a chance to see the five of them together. It was great...but the performances on stage certainly weren't Dance-era level. But at 33/34 years old, I got that chance and even kind of got a Tango in the Night focused concert with the four cuts. But now? For what? After what has gone on for the last two years, anything further with the five of them would just be downright gross.
and an absolute insult to long-time fans. 'we think you're too stupid to realize we played you suckas"
Old 01-03-2020, 07:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I still think we will never have an objective complete info about what happened with those 5. None is telling the complete truth, IMHO.

Smashing Interviews Magazine: And along came Neil Finn.
Ken Caillat: Right, and he was the solution.

Well, it was a practical solution for a tour. But in the end, for the band, that was not a solution at all.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
After what has gone on for the last two years, anything further with the five of them would just be downright gross.
I wish they would do something that would draw me to attend, but I can’t imagine what that would have to be. Maybe if they starred in a stage production of “Uncle Vanya” at South Coast Rep. Yes, come to think of it, I would go to that.

moviekinks.blogspot.com