Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ReMax Corporate Show

It's tomorrow night in Vegas. Do you think if I go down there and hang out, I might find a way in? Maybe someone with tickets who doesn't really care about going might want to unload them? It's a longshot I'm sure, but it's not like I have anything else to do tomorrow night.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Junior Ledgie

Yes you have to go!!! I don't know how far you have to go to get there, but if it's less than 3 hours hell ya go for it!!! Then you have to let us know all the details of the show
Old 02-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie can now sell real estate.LOL....

Do you have to be an agent from Remax to get in.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-28-2013, 12:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

There's always a way to get backstge at a coporate event
First, wear show blacks....
Go into the "employee only" doors....
Then just go into one of the doors from the service hallway to the ballroom - which is usually backstage somewhere.... Though, figuring out the maze could prove challenging....

If the show ( corporate event ) is heavy with security and has picture creds (that's usually for very high end pharma, very high end bank/finance or defense contract companies) the back stage doors are locked - but not very often...
The only place that is really checked for creds are at the doors from regular hallway access...
But 99% of gigs have creds... And the entertainment and/or awards night is usually the last night of the 5-7 day day show, so the crew will usually know who should be backstage at that point --- and LV is usually the worst trying to slip thru - everywhere else is easy....

I remember one of my first gigs 20 years ago was this remax show ( it's annual) however, they had no entertainment near SN! I'm also bummed cuz I'm flying out to LV tomorrow for some other corporate show tomorrow.... I would have totally tried to crash this one!

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 03-01-2013, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well that couldn't have been easier. I went to the MGM, stood outside the arena entrance for all of about 60 seconds, and some guy came up to me and asked if I was going to the show. I said I didn't have tickets but that I would love to get in. He handed me his spare ticket and walked away! I guess it was my lucky night. Stevie looked absolutely STUNNING! Her make-up was perfect; her outfit flattered her tiny thin body, and her hair had those waves instead of just hanging straight. It seemed like it took a song or two for her voice to get warmed up, but by the end her singing was flawless. She seemed like she was in a really good mood and happy to be there. The band took the stage while her version of "Not Fade Away" played. Here's the setlist:

Rock And Roll
Enchanted
Secret Love
Dreams
Moonlight
Gold Dust Woman
Soldier's Angel
Stand Back
Leather and Lace (with Steve Real)
Rhiannon
Landslide
(Band Intro)
Edge of Seventeen
Love Is

At the beginning of the show, she told the crowd (full of real estate agents) how she is always looking for the perfect house, which was really funny. For Moonlight, she talked about how she was devastated that the Twilight movies are over (also funny). For Soldier's Angel, she mentioned talking to Lindsey about this song during FM rehearsals, so I guess we can expect that on the tour. Most of the other song intros were variations on things we've heard before. EO17 was really good; you could really hear the keyboards. She didn't do the wail, but she did do the Edge walk. At the end, she reminded the crowd to find her a house again.

I think those are the major highlights. I'm tired, and I have to work in the morning, but I'll post tomorrow if I think of anything else.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Holy sheet! That was (lucky) AWESOME! Gratz and thanks for the setlist.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 03-01-2013, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad she's tossing in a few IYD tunes before this whole FM thing takes off. Even now with the record being two years old, I'll never forget how excited I was when I first heard the new songs.

Thanks for the review!
Old 03-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thanks for the great review!!! It's awesome you got in
Old 03-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

From here: http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2013/0...ve-in-las.html

Old 03-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She needs to ditch Love Is.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What is with her obsession with nice houses lately. Goodness gracious.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
What is with her obsession with nice houses lately. Goodness gracious.
Lol!!!

It must have been all those dumps she roughed it in with LB. Never again!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Well that couldn't have been easier. I went to the MGM, stood outside the arena entrance for all of about 60 seconds, and some guy came up to me and asked if I was going to the show. I said I didn't have tickets but that I would love to get in. He handed me his spare ticket and walked away! I guess it was my lucky night. Stevie looked absolutely STUNNING! Her make-up was perfect; her outfit flattered her tiny thin body, and her hair had those waves instead of just hanging straight. It seemed like it took a song or two for her voice to get warmed up, but by the end her singing was flawless. She seemed like she was in a really good mood and happy to be there. The band took the stage while her version of "Not Fade Away" played. Here's the setlist:

Rock And Roll
Enchanted
Secret Love
Dreams
Moonlight
Gold Dust Woman
Soldier's Angel
Stand Back
Leather and Lace (with Steve Real)
Rhiannon
Landslide
(Band Intro)
Edge of Seventeen
Love Is

At the beginning of the show, she told the crowd (full of real estate agents) how she is always looking for the perfect house, which was really funny. For Moonlight, she talked about how she was devastated that the Twilight movies are over (also funny). For Soldier's Angel, she mentioned talking to Lindsey about this song during FM rehearsals, so I guess we can expect that on the tour. Most of the other song intros were variations on things we've heard before. EO17 was really good; you could really hear the keyboards. She didn't do the wail, but she did do the Edge walk. At the end, she reminded the crowd to find her a house again.

I think those are the major highlights. I'm tired, and I have to work in the morning, but I'll post tomorrow if I think of anything else.
Wow.You hit the jackpot without putting a dime in the slots in Vegas.I'm glad you got in.Thanks for sharing the review with us.

My friend which is a real estate agent . He would of enjoy the show plus talk for hours with the other agents and probably sell some properties.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 03-02-2013 at 12:36 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 03-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That's fantastic Mike. I can't believe he just gave you the ticket.

See this is a lesson to me. I wouldn't have gone because I would have said, "there's no way I'll get in" and look at what I would have missed with that attitude.

I'm happy for you.

Michele
Old 03-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That's fantastic Mike. I can't believe he just gave you the ticket.

See this is a lesson to me. I wouldn't have gone because I would have said, "there's no way I'll get in" and look at what I would have missed with that attitude.

I'm happy for you.

Michele
Thanks Michele. Actually, I had the same attitude driving down there and walking through the MGM. It just seemed so silly, but I made myself go because all I had to lose was another night at home watching TV. Anyway, it was a nice little warm-up for the FM tour, and I hope she brings the same exuberance and enthusiasm.