The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: what next for LB?
More US solo tour dates before the end of the year 8 19.51%
Some UK/EU solo dates (either this year or interspersed with FM tour next year) 4 9.76%
New solo album or EP 5 12.20%
FM EP before starting the tour next year 6 14.63%
BN reissue and a short tour somewhere before or after FM tour 2 4.88%
All of the above 11 26.83%
None of the above 5 12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2012, 05:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

I would like to see Lindsey work with Brian Wilson, 2 musical geniuses, or maybe Lindsey do a cover of all his favorite Beach Boys tunes.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post

I too dread Stevie's voice messing up Lindsey's songs,
That just wounds.

Quote:
and I badly want to hear the stuff he's recorded with Mick. I do NOT want another Gift of Screws I type hijacking and seperating of his songs.

They don't hijack those songs. They've been knowing they were going to do more music. Both Stevie and Lindsey write songs and do demos and then they try them out for FM and decide whether or not they want to keep them or just use them for solo stuff. It's not some song war. Plus, Lindsey is at the controls - if he wants to keep his songs for solo projects he is fully capable of doing that. Certainly, Stevie or Mick is not strong arming him. LOL.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Plus, Lindsey is at the controls - if he wants to keep his songs for solo projects he is fully capable of doing that. Certainly, Stevie or Mick is not strong arming him.
Come on, CAD, we know it was WB who "strong armed" Linds, and that's why he's gone indie, to avoid a repetition of the whole GOS/SYW debacle.

Sure, he made a choice, but I don't think he had much of a choice with WB who simply didn't care about his solo work.

I think Linds will be on hiatus until Dec/Jan, when FM rehearsals begin, but we know he's worked on new music, so hopefully we can get a Mac or LB album in 2013. As long as something gets done and not, as Alice said, the cash grab tour and nothing else. I also expect LB to bring out some real deep cuts, ala WATL, for FM 2013.
I enjoyed the hell out of IKINW in 2009!!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^You're right about WB. Since that's where the bankroll came from. However, Lindsey could have still held out his songs for GOS without ever playing them for WB or the band. He obviously thought they worked for the "big machine".

But, most fans like to perpetuate a band war that is not totally accurate and put the blame on "FM" or Stevie, or Mick.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

But, most fans like to perpetuate a band war that is not totally accurate and put the blame on "FM" or Stevie, or Mick.
The fans don't do this on their own. Lindsey has been suggesting that this has happened to him for decades. I believe legend says it was Stevie, Mick, John, Christine and DB Cooper hijacking him. However, after SYW Lindsey has made it clear that he has been writing songs with FM in mind. For 10 years, it's been his desire and intention to record with FM. After SYW he even said that FM music was his preference, but they couldn't make that work. He became the one most in favor of it at that point when, in the past, he had not been.

Michele
Old 09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The fans don't do this on their own. Lindsey has been suggesting that this has happened to him for decades. I believe legend says it was Stevie, Mick, John, Christine and DB Cooper hijacking him. However, after SYW Lindsey has made it clear that he has been writing songs with FM in mind. For 10 years, it's been his desire and intention to record with FM. After SYW he even said that FM music was his preference, but they couldn't make that work. He became the one most in favor of it at that point when, in the past, he had not been.

Michele
Oh, I know he perpetuated the myth by creating the whole "hi-jacking" story.

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-13-2012 at 01:52 PM..
Old 09-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love everything about this post First off, you're not selfish, and even though I live in Seattle, Lindsey playing solo in the UK is still my first wish. I talk to a lot of people online from the UK (besides here), and I know how badly all of you still want him there, and how awful it was when he had to cancel. I heard/read the word "gutted" more times than I could keep count of.

Second, because it's already a fact that next year will be FM touring, I think an album from Lindsey in the mean time is, as you said, the best guarantee of a future solo tour ASAP following the FM tour. And new music from Lindsey is, of course, always a good thing So, it's a win-win!

I too dread Stevie's voice messing up Lindsey's songs, and I badly want to hear the stuff he's recorded with Mick. I do NOT want another Gift of Screws I type hijacking and seperating of his songs.

As much as I would love to do a few more dates on one last leg of the current ( or recently finished ) tour, in reality, with holidays coming, I probably wouldn't get to go to any anyways. So, I'm with you 100%. New Lindsey solo album finished up before FM tour gets under way.
OMG - yes, please keep Stevie AWAY from messing up Lindsey's songs! I dread that too! Just leave him be on his own - which is pure perfection!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
OMG - yes, please keep Stevie AWAY from messing up Lindsey's songs! I dread that too! Just leave him be on his own - which is pure perfection!
Ha. If Stevie "messes up" Lindsey's songs it's only because he lets her.

Harmony forever!

#BuckinghamNicks2013.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ha. If Stevie "messes up" Lindsey's songs it's only because he lets her.
This much is true. The only example that comes to mind where Stevie DID ruin one of Lindsey's songs with her vocals is Peacekeeper. I thought it was far superior without Stevie's overly reedy backing vocals.

But there are a hundred instances where her backing vocals had the exact opposite effect. Songs like I'm So Afraid just seem bare & almost one dimensional without Stevie's presence.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
This much is true. The only example that comes to mind where Stevie DID ruin one of Lindsey's songs with her vocals is Peacekeeper. I thought it was far superior without Stevie's overly reedy backing vocals.

But there are a hundred instances where her backing vocals had the exact opposite effect. Songs like I'm So Afraid just seem bare & almost one dimensional without Stevie's presence.
I'm So Afraid is absolutely amazing on this current tour - best version I have EVER heard. He certainly does not need Stevie anywhere near it!!!!!

I've seen/heard it 14 times now since May and it gets better and better!
Old 09-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
I'm So Afraid is absolutely amazing on this current tour - best version I have EVER heard. He certainly does not need Stevie anywhere near it!!!!!

I've seen/heard it 14 times now since May and it gets better and better!
Agree, totally. I don't think Stevie and Lindsey's voices mesh as well as they used to and Stevie's voice doesn't sound anywhere near as good as it did say, 20 or even 10 years ago. I much prefer Lindsey's current solo version of I'm So Afraid to any version he's done previously, with or without FM.

I understand this is a big cash grab for them and I've never seen Fleetwood Mac live before, so fine, go out and do this tour and make some money. I'll go to a show just so I can say I've seen them once. While they are at it, throw some Buckingham Nicks songs in the set so we don't have to sit through that tour next and Lindsey can get back to where he belongs, doing his solo work.

Last edited by redtulip; 09-13-2012 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 09-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Agree, totally. I don't think Stevie and Lindsey's voices mesh as well as they used to and Stevie's voice doesn't sound anywhere near as good as it did say, 20 or even 10 years ago. I much prefer Lindsey's current solo version of I'm So Afraid to any version he's done previously, with or without FM.

I understand this is a big cash grab for them and I've never seen Fleetwood Mac live before, so fine, go out and do this tour and make some money. I'll go to a show just so I can say I've seen them once. While they are at it, throw some Buckingham Nicks songs in the set so we don't have to sit through that tour next and Lindsey can get back to where he belongs, doing his solo work.
This!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

Always thought the slow, low key way Stevie walks off the stage at the end of her ISA vocals is so amusing. She probably wanted to hitch up her dress and run off the stage full speed screaming. Poor girl has had to live with that thing since the BN days. It is like Lindsey and Rhiannon. I love Christine on the song live.

Thought Stevie's vocals on Mirand were especially nice.

Michele
Old 09-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think it is entirely myth. I think TiTN did delay a solo album and that wasn't Lindsey's choosing. SYW was a different matter. Ultimately, he wanted his songs on an FM album when he kept hitting a brick wall getting the label interest for a solo. And true, I agree that his songs sounded like he wanted (though maybe not SYHA and BTLH or My Little Demon before that) and he would have even had Stevie on Come. She is the one who demurred. Michele
Old 09-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
And I'm not that interested in hearing Stevie doing harmonies on Lindsey's tracks any more so I'd rather he kept them for solo stuff.
Quote:
I too dread Stevie's voice messing up Lindsey's songs, and I badly want to hear the stuff he's recorded with Mick.
i feel the same way. Lindsey may have let her and/or wanted her to be on those songs, but that doesn't mean we have to like how they ended up sounding. for example, a song we were listening to on our recent trip is What's The World Coming To, which i don't like much anyway... but i just physically can't stand it once when Stevie comes in with her quacking nasal voice. have to turn it off, and move to the next song.

Quote:
i don't really understand this... are you saying he's making up this stuff for some reason? why would he need to do that?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"