User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
That's a great interview, but is it different than the original, aired interview?? What part is extra? And ya know, they asked some good questions, but even when an interviewer tries to mix it up and not stick to the standard "what was it like making rumours" stuff, he always manges to find his way back to his canned answers Still, I like the fact that they all did their homework - or were actual fans - and were truly appreciative of Lindsey's work
no i think it's exactly the same as aired. yeah re canned answers... although towards the end it finally managed to look more as a conversation.

it's interesting, seems Lindsey was really making his stage talk more conversational towards the end of this most recent tour... messages were all still the same, but he was transmitting them in a much more natural way, not reciting word for word as he used to.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no i think it's exactly the same as aired. yeah re canned answers... although towards the end it finally managed to look more as a conversation.

it's interesting, seems Lindsey was really making his stage talk more conversational towards the end of this most recent tour... messages were all still the same, but he was transmitting them in a much more natural way, not reciting word for word as he used to.
And quite often losing his way and rambling a fair bit!

Which was cute!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Great interview and I love that the people interviewing him are genuinely impressed with his artistry and enthusiastic about his music. I hate when someone is being interviewed and the person asks them questions like they've never heard their music before and don't really care.

Thanks for sharing!
YES, great interview They sounded like they really appreciated his work and as a added bonus one of the hosts was able to share how amazing he is live.

I took the Don't Stop question to be 'your' as in FM & I think it would have sounded a little odd to make the correction to that particular question. A lot of people think of a song in the context of the entire band who performed it and not the individual who wrote it (prob. even more so now that many do not write their own songs.) In a different context or question, it would have sounded more natural to make the correction, though.
It is a bit funny that the writer of Clinton's anthem did not share his political views.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta07 View Post
YES, great interview They sounded like they really appreciated his work and as a added bonus one of the hosts was able to share how amazing he is live.

I took the Don't Stop question to be 'your' as in FM & I think it would have sounded a little odd to make the correction to that particular question. A lot of people think of a song in the context of the entire band who performed it and not the individual who wrote it (prob. even more so now that many do not write their own songs.) In a different context or question, it would have sounded more natural to make the correction, though.
It is a bit funny that the writer of Clinton's anthem did not share his political views.
i think Christine is liberal. John is not.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-24-2012, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think Christine is liberal either. But she probably didn't voice her opinions on it like John does to to the guys or doesn't care as strongly.

Michele
Old 09-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
The only thing I've read was an interview with Lindsey after Clinton's farewell concert and he said something along the lines of Mick just being there to have fun and John being a staunch Republican. I've never heard about Christine, but w/ the Margaret Thatcher comments thought people knew something I didn't.

I am too young to remember much from Clinton's inauguration....the first memory I have of being exposed to FM was when The Dance concert was on TV and my parents started playing the CD. It was actually Stevie's songs that grew on me first- don't know how many times I listened to Silver Springs and Dreams before I got a bit older and discovered Lindsey's genius. Just looking back, its amazing how timeless his music is -- still get the same chills listening to I'm So Afraid as I did 10 years ago.