User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
So, what is the classic song? Can't be GYOW! Why? Hard to sing and in the wrong "mode" of what I'm looking for
Can't quite remember if this was ever posed.... (I'm old, please forgive me)
It seems that Landslide is Stevie's refelective remember song.... However,
in the same vain of "type" of song -- what about "Save Me A Place" for Lindsey?
I see sooo much on YouTube with indie bands doing this song.... Seems like SMAP tends to relate.... But has never pushed thru to the mainstream....
So question being.... What song would you propose to be THE Lindsey song competing with/complemeting to Landslide?
And I thank you in advance for my babbling I'm just in the mood.......
I'm sorry, but GYOW is the classic Lindsey song to me. Others may not agree, and it is not MY favorite song, but it is the single-most recognizable of all his songs, aside from the intro of NGBA or the chorus from "Holiday Road." I believe the guitar work on ISA and "Big Love" live have become classic staples, but GYOW is a rock anthem.

I'm not sure I understand how it is hard to sing-along to, but everyone is different. To be honest, when I think of contemplative/reflective song I go in the route of ISA. Personally, for me, it is far morese than "Bog Love." And ISA is a stunning work of art. I consider it epic.

It's so interesting to pose a question like this and I appreciate it so. It makes one think: what is THE Lindsey song, as opposed to what is my personal favorite song of his.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that after The Dance, Big Love was catapulted into a casual fan must have right up there alongside the Rumours songs.

Michele
Old 09-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm sorry, but GYOW is the classic Lindsey song to me. Others may not agree, and it is not MY favorite song, but it is the single-most recognizable of all his songs, aside from the intro of NGBA or the chorus from "Holiday Road." I believe the guitar work on ISA and "Big Love" live have become classic staples, but GYOW is a rock anthem.

I'm not sure I understand how it is hard to sing-along to, but everyone is different. To be honest, when I think of contemplative/reflective song I go in the route of ISA. Personally, for me, it is far morese than "Bog Love." And ISA is a stunning work of art. I consider it epic.

It's so interesting to pose a question like this and I appreciate it so. It makes one think: what is THE Lindsey song, as opposed to what is my personal favorite song of his.
i think you are completely right. hopefully LBFreakazoid will tell us a bit more about what he/she meant with the question. b/c if one is looking for THE LB song to a general listener, it will be GYOW, without a doubt, probably like Landslide is for SN.

but if one is looking for an acoustic LB song on par with Landslide than we'd have to go the route of songs we discussed above. or if we are discussing ballads, and not rocking songs, we have to go yet another different route.

of course, LB said in 92Y last year that if he'd have to pick the song that he thinks most represents him, he would say Big Love.

on the other hand, if you look at The Voice yesterday, contestants performed 2 FM songs - Landslide and GYOW.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

possibly another exhibit backing BL - stevie and lindsey on letterman - landslide / big love -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think you are completely right. hopefully LBFreakazoid will tell us a bit more about what he/she meant with the question. b/c if one is looking for THE LB song to a general listener, it will be GYOW, without a doubt, probably like Landslide is for SN.

but if one is looking for an acoustic LB song on par with Landslide than we'd have to go the route of songs we discussed above. or if we are discussing ballads, and not rocking songs, we have to go yet another different route.

of course, LB said in 92Y last year that if he'd have to pick the song that he thinks most represents him, he would say Big Love.

on the other hand, if you look at The Voice yesterday, contestants performed 2 FM songs - Landslide and GYOW.
And watching the Voice prompted the question...

Which led me to the question I was asking....
what would be reflective signature song of LB's?..... Sure GYOW is his "in your face" signature song --- however, Stevie's Stand Back, albeit solo, is her "in your face song".....
And when peeps cover GYOW, either live, on TV, whatever... It just seems to be a total ....
However, peeps tend to cover Landslide - oh my, it works.....

NGBA would seem to be the obvious - however - then why isn't? To me, it's to docu and not wistful enough, and too intiminating for peeps to peform -- and that's why, I personally feel that SMAP is a comparable to the reflective Landslide - And the question was - why do you think it hasn't struck the same chord (and NO pun indeeded?) cause the indie crowd lurves it!

I'm just asking cuz I really love to heard the points of view from the people on this board

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 10-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Never Going Back Again?
apparently, according to Lindsey - yes:

Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
apparently, according to Lindsey - yes:

I just caught that too, Elle! Great find! I wonder why he sees them as "analogous"? Does he mean strictly musical and not lyrically?