User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Bryson, I don't really know you but I do know from Sara's FB that you do actually know her which is cool. I don't know if this has been discussed here at all but I would like to know how Stevie and Sara met.
I have read Carol Ann's book that touches on how Sara and Stevie met but I was wondering if there was any truth to it.
If you do have a blog about your adventures I would be interested in reading it.
Along the same lines, I would like to know what Sara thinks of Carol's book and if she is still friends with her.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Along the same lines, I would like to know what Sara thinks of Carol's book and if she is still friends with her.
She's talked about it on her Facebook. She said that they occaisonally speak and that she'll always love Carol Ann. However, I got the impression that Sara did not like some aspects of the book (yes, she did read it). She apparently "took her in alot" but she never saw any proof of physical altercations between Lindsey and her. "Marks, nothin." Apparently Carol Ann is doing well.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
She's talked about it on her Facebook. She said that they occaisonally speak and that she'll always love Carol Ann. However, I got the impression that Sara did not like some aspects of the book (yes, she did read it). She apparently "took her in alot" but she never saw any proof of physical altercations between Lindsey and her. "Marks, nothin." Apparently Carol Ann is doing well.
Thanks for the update.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Carol Ann needs to get on Facebook.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Carol Ann needs to get on Facebook.
That would make a good poll. Who here would "friend" CAH?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
That would make a good poll. Who here would "friend" CAH?
The question is more like would she friend any of us?
Old 11-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The question is more like would she friend any of us?
Well... we're the ones who bought her book!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Well... we're the ones who bought her book!
We're probably the only ones who bought her book.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by equeen102289 View Post
Oh my god your signature is hilarious!!
OMG.. I'm just reading Angelo's signature for the first time too.. and almost wet myself laughing.. Leave it to Angelo.. OMG.. I know why I love him so much.. LOL..

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 11-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Moon View Post
We're probably the only ones who bought her book.
Hey Lucy..

You're probably right there girlfriend.. I dunno..

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 11-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, ITA, especially when that new interview reminded me of how long the song was originally. I'm sure those verses were spread across quite a number of people. I'd wager very few of her songs are about any one person. A seed is planted that is, perhaps, inspired by something specific, but then it takes on a life of its own.

Michele
Michele ~
I so agree... As most of us know, 'Sara' started out over 16 minutes long... Stevie's song "Sara" was NOT written only about nor was NOT named after Sara Fleetwood. It was mainly written about several people that were in Stevie and Fleetwood Mac's "inner circle" at the time it was written. It was also about Mick Fleetwood, where Stevie refers to "the great dark wing"... And parts of the song were about Don Henley who she was dating at the time... And the song was mainly named after her Great Aunt Sara.

Here is a link where Stevie explains in her own words through different articles and interviews about writing "Sara"...

www.inherownwords.com/sara.htm

Here are some of the articles below:

Sara was my favorite [song] ~ for that kind of song. Sara was, and is, the love of my life. There are different kinds of favorites. You have your miserable favorites and your happy favorites. I can't pick just one [song].
~Stevie Nicks, Arizona Living Magazine, September 1983

Sara was pretty much about Mick. So, he was the 'great dark wing'. And, ah, it was about everything that was going on at that particular time, too, but he was the, the reason for the, you know, the beginning of it.
~Stevie Nicks, MTV Fanatic, 1998
Sara [is my most personal song] It's about myself, and what all of us in Fleetwood Mac were going through at the time. The true version of that song is 16 minutes long. It's a saga with many verses people haven't heard.
~Stevie Nicks, Us magazine, July 1990

[On who Sara is] Probably my alter ego, my other self.
~Stevie Nicks, Montreal Interview
I wrote Sara on the piano, by myself. The original Sara was 16 minutes long. Like about nine more verses than what you hear on the record. It got edited down to 14 minutes, down to 11 minutes, down to 9 minutes, down to 7 minutes, down to 4 minutes and 40 seconds. I was to the point where I went, 'Is the word Sara even going to be left in the song?'
I knew that Sara would be very popular because I loved writing that song. I've had more fun writing that...I remember the night I wrote it. 'I sat up with a very good friend of mine whose name is Sara, who was married to Mick Fleetwood. She likes to think it's completely about her, but it's really not completely about her. It's about me, about her, about Mick, about Fleetwood Mac. Its about all of us at that point. There's little bits about each one of us in that song and when it had all the other verses it really covered a vast bunch of people. Sara was the kind of song you could fall in love with, because I fell in love with it...
~Stevie Nicks, Tommy Vance show, May 1994

[On whether the line in the song Sara, 'When you build your house, I'll come by' is about Don Henley, whom she was dating at the time?] (laughs) That is true. He did [build the house]. And I was in it before he finished it.

If I ever have a little girl I will name her Sara. It's a very special name to me. I love singing it on stage. It's the absolute delight of my night. There's so much in Sara. And it is ~ the poet in my heart, for sure.
~Stevie Nicks, Jim Ladd Innerview, 1979

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 11-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
It's about Giovanni, her one-time tailor.
A sad story, really. He was an aspiring opera singer in his native Italy. Tall, dark, handsome. Incredibly tender voice that could calm babies and make grown men weep into their linen handkerchiefs. And women! Please! There was swooning in the rehearsal halls.
But, alas, there was another aspiring opera singer...let's call him...Luciano...who had "connections" and an incredibly fiery temper (think a corpulant Lindsey), and Giovanni was no dummy. He gave up his beloved opera and joined the family business where he spent the rest of his life making incredibly frothy dresses for the filthy rich and eternally poetic.
So, while we all are looking for hidden meanings, Giovanni was literally singing while...undoing...the laces. Undoing the laces.

The moral of this tale? Sometimes a blue lamp is just a blue lamp.

Lmaooooo ~ that is funny

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 11-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonWaterPoet View Post

[On whether the line in the song Sara, 'When you build your house, I'll come by' is about Don Henley, whom she was dating at the time?] (laughs) That is true. He did [build the house]. And I was in it before he finished it.
EW: Some people have said it’s about Don Henley, whom you dated around that time too…

“He wishes! If Don wants to think the’ ‘house’ was one of the 90 houses he built—and he did build house after beautiful house, and once they were done, he would move because he wasn’t interested in them anymore [laughs]… No. He is one of my best friends in the world. If anything happened to me, he would be there, always. But if someone said that, they’re so full of s—!” - Stevie Nicks, Entertainment Weekly, March 2009
Old 11-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
There goes my soy milk- all over the keyboard.

Lmaooooo ~ oh my... this thread gets better & better... I almost spat my beer on my monitor too...

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 11-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
EW: Some people have said it’s about Don Henley, whom you dated around that time too…

“He wishes! If Don wants to think the’ ‘house’ was one of the 90 houses he built—and he did build house after beautiful house, and once they were done, he would move because he wasn’t interested in them anymore [laughs]… No. He is one of my best friends in the world. If anything happened to me, he would be there, always. But if someone said that, they’re so full of s—!” - Stevie Nicks, Entertainment Weekly, March 2009
This is true... this also goes to show you how Stevie changes her stories as often as she does her underwear... Day by Day... LOL!!!

Donnie Wayne ~