User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Watched a clip of the new Betty White tv show.I see Betty White at 90 still going strong.Now with a comeback with a new tv show.

I hope Stevie and Lindsey will have the same longevity too.

Hey fringed n fab .Nice photo shot.
Thanks. That's not me though but a friend from Stickam. I could never have muscles and be in a skirt.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My final major project is almost complete. I just want to finish this course, have a great summer then go to a new university in September. I'm so excited for what the future holds.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild-heart View Post
My final major project is almost complete. I just want to finish this course, have a great summer then go to a new university in September. I'm so excited for what the future holds.
You're lucky. I finish my Bachelors Degree in a couple of weeks and I'm right back there in September for my Masters. I really want to go to a new and - dare I say it - better University. I hate it but I can only afford the local Uni. Oh well. Two years being unhappy with my course is a decent price to pay for a more appealing qualification.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
You're lucky. I finish my Bachelors Degree in a couple of weeks and I'm right back there in September for my Masters. I really want to go to a new and - dare I say it - better University. I hate it but I can only afford the local Uni. Oh well. Two years being unhappy with my course is a decent price to pay for a more appealing qualification.
That sucks but I am sure it will all be worth it in the end. I had the opportunity to stay with the same uni when I finish my HND but no way was I going to if I could help it. I go straight into second year degree in september. I couldn't be more excited.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My brothers wedding in Boca Grande, Florida I attended on the Gulf of Mexico. They had been together 10 years and wanted to finally make it official.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Beautiful pictures of the bride and groom and the ocean, Shane. Thank you.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Beautiful pictures of the bride and groom and the ocean, Shane. Thank you.
Thanks. It was beautiful out that day, warm but very bright out on that sand. And I'd forgot my shades back in the car... but it was a beautiful wedding for everyone who made it down here to see and be a part of. I said while there to everyone that I used to look at all that stuff around there in just pictures, and now we're all here. I always take in life and things like that.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Looks like I'll be spending the day hosing down the exterior of the house seeing as some little Runts egged it back to the stone age last night. Yippee! My Cat woke me up at 6am to be fed after I got to bed at 2 and I couldn't get back to sleep so have spent four hours doing chores. Is this the sort of Saturday I'm going to have? Uck...I don't want it.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Pictured here with my boss is Little Orphan Alfie. He was brought to us in a disgusting condition after a group of children tried to drown him in a bucket of water after chopping off his whiskers. Failing that, they dumped him in a wheelie bin and left him for dead. Luckily somebody found him and he was brought to us. We were able to get him the help he needed and bring him to our sanctuary in waiting for a loving family. Sadly this isn't the first, and it certainly won't be the last case of severe cruelty we receive. A while ago one of our loyal volunteers was brought a box of 10 kittens by two young men. They told her how they had seen a man behead an adult female they could only assume was their Mother. He was keeping the kittens in the back of his car. While one of the two men was busy beating the Son of a B*tch into a bloody pulp the other, who was so severely allergic to Cats that he could hardly breathe, broke his way into the car and stole the kittens and brought them to the helper's safe hands.

I find it increasingly difficult to like people when I'm hearing day in and day out the atrocities they're committing against those they deem weaker than them.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post

Pictured here with my boss is Little Orphan Alfie. He was brought to us in a disgusting condition after a group of children tried to drown him in a bucket of water after chopping off his whiskers. Failing that, they dumped him in a wheelie bin and left him for dead. Luckily somebody found him and he was brought to us. We were able to get him the help he needed and bring him to our sanctuary in waiting for a loving family. Sadly this isn't the first, and it certainly won't be the last case of severe cruelty we receive. A while ago one of our loyal volunteers was brought a box of 10 kittens by two young men. They told her how they had seen a man behead an adult female they could only assume was their Mother. He was keeping the kittens in the back of his car. While one of the two men was busy beating the Son of a B*tch into a bloody pulp the other, who was so severely allergic to Cats that he could hardly breathe, broke his way into the car and stole the kittens and brought them to the helper's safe hands.

I find it increasingly difficult to like people when I'm hearing day in and day out the atrocities they're committing against those they deem weaker than them.
Oh my god.
That is horrific.
At the moment my cat Daisy is sleeping on my feet s happy as larry. To just think of anyone hurting a defenseless animal in any way makes me sick to my stomach.
It seems strange to think that, as humans, some of us are destined to live a life of semi-luxury with food and a roof over our heads and yet some people live with nothing and worry about where there next meal is coming from rather than the money to buy a meal in an expensive restaurant.
And in the same vein some animals are born into a life where they will be loved and fed in a warm home with people who truly care about them. And some animals are destined to live life wherein they suffer cruelty beyond which I can imagine.
I think we should all be incredibly grateful to people, like Bee and her colleagues, who do an incredible job every day in rehabilitating and re-homing abandoned animals.
I, for one, am.
Like bullying, poverty and countless other atrocities there seems to be little we can do to help beings in these situations but if we all do tiny bit it can help a lot.

*preach over*

THANKYOU BEE! xoxo

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 05-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccamorrisfift View Post
THANKYOU BEE! xoxo
I second that.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gosh, I love life.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just finish my walk around the neighborhood. A 30 minute walk . I started walking about two weeks ago.I really need the exercise because I'm putting on alittle weight plus I'm getting older too.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 05-14-2012 at 09:37 PM..
Old 05-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love walking and bike riding too but it's best to get out early in the morning or late evening and do it in the south. The mid-day heat here is too much sometimes to be out. Although I'm used to it by now.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
I love walking and bike riding too but it's best to get out early in the morning or late evening and do it in the south. The mid-day heat here is too much sometimes to be out. Although I'm used to it by now.
Yes I got get back with bike riding too.Since I'm not a morning person I walk around supper time. 7pm to 9pm.At this time the neighbors are walking their dogs.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016