The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-22-2003, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Peter Green leaves Splinter Group?!?!

This is absolutely unbelievable, and I really hope it's not true, but the newsflash on the official website doesn't look promising at all:

http://www.petergreen-splintergroup.co.uk/home.cfm

I saw Peter Green only 2 weeks ago at the Jazz Cafe and they were 101% on form, looking and sounding perfect.

Old 12-22-2003, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy NO!!!

I seriously hope and pray that Peter is alright and safe wherever he is. May God watch over him because this sounds really bad.

I was also there with Seteca watching PG and Co. and they were AWESOME!! I hope this is a misunderstanding or something.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation !!!

It's a total shock.....

Maybe the fact that Splinter Group have become so much bigger, DVD, US Tour etc has affected him. Also the mass attention at Earls Court might have tipped the balance a little too.

It's a real shame but as long as Peter is happy and it's his own choice I wish him well. I would rather he stopped touring and recording than to lose him again....

I just hope Peter is safe and well wherever he is....

Old 12-23-2003, 04:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by madformac
It's a total shock.....
I can't put my finger on it, but something about this just feels wrong, and I can't explain it.

Here's the announcement, anyway, just in case it gets removed from the official site.

"LAST WEEK A LETTER FROM PETER GREEN'S LEGAL GUARDIANS, THE PUBLIC GUARDIANSHIP OFFICE, AND APPARENTLY SIGNED BY PETER GREEN, WAS SENT TO THE OTHER FOUR MEMBERS OF SPLINTER GROUP, TRANSMEDIA742.NET, AND LPO, THE BAND'S EUROPEAN AGENT. THE LETTER ANNOUNCED PETER'S INTENTION TO RESIGN FROM SPLINTER GROUP WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT. AS ALL OF THE BAND MEMBERS HAD, OF COURSE, BEEN ON TOUR WITH PETER SINCE OCTOBER 22ND, TO SAY THAT THIS ANNOUNCEMENT CAME TOTALLY OUT OF THE BLUE IS A HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT, ESPECIALLY AS HE HAD BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE AMERICAN TOUR AND RECORDING PROJECT WITH GREAT ENTHUSIASM. THE CONFUSION OVER THE SITUATION WAS FURTHER COMPOUNDED WHEN IT BECAME CLEAR THAT PETER WAS NOT AT HOME ( HE STILL HASN'T BEEN CONTACTED ) AND THAT THE PUBLIC GUARDIANSHIP OFFICE WERE NOT PREPARED TO DISCLOSE HIS WHEREABOUTS. ENQUIRIES TO THE P.G.O CONFIRMED THAT PETER WOULD NOT BE TAKING PART IN THE AMERICAN TOUR WHICH WAS SCHEDULED TO START ON JANUARY 21ST, AND THAT THE TOUR WOULD THUS HAVE TO BE CANCELLED. THE FATE OF FUTURE PROJECTS SUCH AS THE "BLUES DON'T CHANGE 2" CD AND THE PROPOSED UK / EUROPEAN TOUR FOR APRIL / MAY 2004 IS STILL UNCLEAR."
Old 12-23-2003, 04:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Re: !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by fleetfootmike
Here's the announcement, anyway, just in case it gets removed from the official site.
For those wondering who the heck the Public Guardianship Office are, I quote from their site:

"The PGO provides financial protection services for clients who are not able to manage their financial affairs because of mental incapacity. The incapacity may be related to an illness suffered by some older people (e.g.dementia), or the result of an accident or negligence (brain injury) or of mental illness (schizophrenia). We are here to support the families and advisers of the person who is incapable, often after someone has applied to the Court of Protection to manage the incapacitated person's financial affairs."

http://www.publictrust.gov.uk/
Old 12-23-2003, 07:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

It is worth noting that the PGO is a UK Government body.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello everybody.

I rang Martin Celmins, about one hour ago and I can only say that they found Peter and at the moment Martin is looking after him.

More details soon.

Mario.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"...found him...",
"...looking after him"??

Sounds like bad news in regards to Peter's mental health.

F*CK!

Shades of Jeremy's disappearance & Danny's recent, if not current, condition, I'm afraid.

F*CK!

Old 12-23-2003, 12:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Danny's recent, if not current, condition
Sidetracking a little - am I missing some news re Danny?
Old 12-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nah.

Celmins had stated in the Q&A here (a year or so ago) that Danny was starting to play again. Kind of took it as the similar "baby steps" of the on the road to recovery that Peter took in 94/95. No more recent news on Danny has been reported...therefore, my supposition.

Last edited by chiliD; 12-23-2003 at 12:18 PM..
Old 12-23-2003, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is worrying news. Peter looked so well when I saw him backstage in London

Pip
Old 12-23-2003, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When I first met him in 2000, I met a very together guy...didn't see where any of the "space cadet" descriptions came from. When I had the opportunity to cross paths with him again in 2002, he seemed even MORE confident & upbeat, both on stage & off. From the accounts I've read from people who've encountered him recently, his return to health seemed to even have grown that much more.

This news is FRIGHTFULLY disconcerting to me.

Many cheers & prayers for Peter's health from here.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chili,

just like you I was and I'm still worried about Peter, but I really can't explain more as Martin really only told me "we are looking after him" and nothing more.

To me the guy seemed to be really together, happy to play and record with the Splinter Group.

The band was really "on a roll", delivering a very good show and Peter was happy with the January Usa tour and all the other future plans..........

Maybe somebody conviced him that the PGSG enviroment was taking advantages from him........the same old story.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2003, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was just speaking on the phone to a friend of mine who was at the final gig on the Isle Of Wight on December 11th. He was extremely shocked by the news and he told me there was nothing spoken/seen at the final show that would even remotely hint that this could/would happen...The band played a perfect show and Peter was totally on form...
Old 12-23-2003, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Post My thoughts

I'm just concerned about Peter's health.. The band is of no concern at this moment in time..

I love Splinter Group, one of my favorite bands actually but Peter's well being comes first and I'm sure everybody wishes him well.

Whatever Peter does from this point forward I just wish him all the best.. In the two times I've met and spoken to him he seemed one of the nicest and politest men I've ever met. A true gentleman.