Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevi Nicks???????????

I'm sure someone has an explanation for this.

I'm listening to my BN LP the other day, looking inside and notice that SN is listed as Sevi Nicks. Is this a typo, did Stevie add the second "e" later, or what
Old 01-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post

I'm listening to my BN LP the other day, looking inside and notice that SN is listed as Sevi Nicks. Is this a typo, did Stevie add the second "e" later, or what
Well, I have no idea about this, but her actual Name is Stephanie, so I guess she could spell it however she wanted anytime, and no one could really say anything besides the fact that we all associate her with 'Stevie.' I sometimes spell it 'Stevi' on my facebook and such, just for fun
Old 01-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm more confused by the way YOU are spelling it.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I've always read/heard it was a typo but I don't know that it's ever been confirmed. I have seen an autograph floating around that did really look like she signed without the "e", but it could easily go either way. Since it is a nickname, I guess she can spell it however she wants.

Oh, in Bob Aguirre's Q&A his response was that it was "probably a record company executive's decision" but he didn't actually specify if it was their decision to spell it "Stevi" or "Stevie". Maybe they thought "Stevi" would make it easy to determine who was actually the girl since they both were using gender neutral names.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm listening to my BN LP the other day...
I'm guessing that everyone here
knows that the original title for
the album was Buck Naked.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I'm guessing that everyone here
knows that the original title for
the album was Buck Naked.

Still, every time I see her name listed as 'Stevi', I have to force myself to not get a marker and add an E.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That was helpful folks.

Other than maybe one signature, have we seen it ever spelled without the "e" anywhere else?

If it was the record company's choice do we know if they mentioned it to her?

Can you imagine opening your first album and seeing your name spelled wrong, nickname or not.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Can you imagine opening your first album and seeing your name spelled wrong, nickname or not.
Yeah, that would definitely be pretty harsh.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe they wanted to feminize her by dropping the "e" at the end. This was in 1973--Stevie Wonder was all over the radio. "Stevie" was a man's name.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Maybe they wanted to feminize her by dropping the "e" at the end. This was in 1973--Stevie Wonder was all over the radio. "Stevie" was a man's name.
AND, Steve Winwood was still being referred to as "Stevie" at that point, as well (he didn't drop the "i" until his first solo album in '75.)
Old 01-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
AND, Steve Winwood was still being referred to as "Stevie" at that point, as well (he didn't drop the "i" until his first solo album in '75.)
I also heard that Little Stevie Winwood asked the press to stop calling him that when he was like 40, which is pretty funny in it's own way

Anyways, I always assumed that it was a typo, like how people sometimes spell my name as Cassy

You can add me on Facebook
Old 01-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have no idea if this has anything to do with this particular "i" vs "ie" (or "y") situation, but I can tell you that I was in third grade that year, and there was this strange fad at the time where all the girls changed to "i". It was so weird, but they all did it. All the Cindy's were now "Cindi", all the Sandy's were now "Sandi"; we even had a Billie who became "Billi". By the following year, the fad was over, and everyone was back to "ie" or "y".

Like I said, I have no idea if this was the situation with Stevi(e) or even if that fad made it out of Connecticut.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was helpful folks.

Other than maybe one signature, have we seen it ever spelled without the "e" anywhere else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
I have no idea if this has anything to do with this particular "i" vs "ie" (or "y") situation, but I can tell you that I was in third grade that year, and there was this strange fad at the time where all the girls changed to "i". It was so weird, but they all did it. All the Cindy's were now "Cindi", all the Sandy's were now "Sandi"; we even had a Billie who became "Billi". By the following year, the fad was over, and everyone was back to "ie" or "y".
Happened in my high school, 20-ahem years ago...

So, if we could only get our hands on Lindsey's 1966 yearbook... "Lindsey, I think you are SOOOO beautiful and look FABULOUS in swim trunks. But, if you ever think of having a band let me know...or just have Bob call me. K.I.T. Stevi..."

And she dotted the 'i' with a circle, I bet.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post

Like I said, I have no idea if this was the situation with Stevi(e) or even if that fad made it out of Connecticut.
This makes sense to me. I'm glad you brought this to our attention. Our Stevie has always been a fad hag.