User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood plays drums for Steven Tyler

Saturday, December 11, 2010Aerosmith's Steven Tyler jams with Camp Freddy
Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler was among the guest vocalists Friday night at the Roxy in L.A., jamming songs with all-star band, Camp Freddy.

Vocalists Juliette Lewis, Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour), Slim Jim Phantom (Stray Cats) and Franky Perez (Carnival Of Dogs) were on hand for the jam, but it was up to Tyler to close out the evening.

Tyler joined CF for four tracks, kicking off by playing drums on the surf-rock classic, “Wipeout.” Mick Fleetwood popped behind the drum kit next as Tyler moved to center stage for the Fleetwood Mac track, “Rattlesnake Shake.” Then, Tyler and band jammed the Aerosmith classic, “Sweet Emotion,” before closing out the show with Led Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love.”
http://www.hennemusic.com/2010/12/st...mp-freddy.html

Camp Freddy with Steven Tyler – Rattlesnake Shake
The Roxy – Los Angeles, CA – December 10, 2010

Old 12-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

THATS AWESOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Saturday, December 11, 2010Aerosmith's Steven Tyler jams with Camp Freddy
Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler was among the guest vocalists Friday night at the Roxy in L.A., jamming songs with all-star band, Camp Freddy.

Vocalists Juliette Lewis, Corey Taylor (Slipknot, Stone Sour), Slim Jim Phantom (Stray Cats) and Franky Perez (Carnival Of Dogs) were on hand for the jam, but it was up to Tyler to close out the evening.

Tyler joined CF for four tracks, kicking off by playing drums on the surf-rock classic, “Wipeout.” Mick Fleetwood popped behind the drum kit next as Tyler moved to center stage for the Fleetwood Mac track, “Rattlesnake Shake.” Then, Tyler and band jammed the Aerosmith classic, “Sweet Emotion,” before closing out the show with Led Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love.”
http://www.hennemusic.com/2010/12/st...mp-freddy.html

Camp Freddy with Steven Tyler – Rattlesnake Shake
The Roxy – Los Angeles, CA – December 10, 2010

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 12-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That's a pretty eclectic lineup! Would have been interesting to have Mick perform with Slipknot, just to see how the vastly different styles would compliment each other (or not). He could have even been presented with an honorary mask hehe. Having said that, since the band sold out and exchanges their self made masks for artist designed ones the impact just isn't the same.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just look at that initial still, above. Isn't it UNBELIEVABLE(according to Wiki), that Mick is only TEN MONTHS older than Steven? They look like father and son. A generation apart.
You go, Steven.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Just look at that initial still, above. Isn't it UNBELIEVABLE(according to Wiki), that Mick is only TEN MONTHS older than Steven? They look like father and son. A generation apart.
You go, Steven.
I'd blame that on the hard living, but it's a wonder that either of them are still alive. On the same note, Keith Richards has only four years on Mick and you would swear it was longer. Having said that, I don't think Mick's ever been accused of smoking his own Father.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I'd blame that on the hard living, but it's a wonder that either of them are still alive. On the same note, Keith Richards has only four years on Mick and you would swear it was longer. Having said that, I don't think Mick's ever been accused of smoking his own Father.
Did you read the Keith article, in Rolling Stone, a couple of issues back? He talks about how he's not been an addict for like 30(?) years, but the whole world STILL ASSUMES that he's a junkie.
It's just part of his image, I guess.

But yeah, it's strange to see how handsome he was, when he was young, and how bad he looks now. Then, look at Steven...he could pass for 40-45. Time is much kinder to some...
Old 12-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Did you read the Keith article, in Rolling Stone, a couple of issues back? He talks about how he's not been an addict for like 30(?) years, but the whole world STILL ASSUMES that he's a junkie.
It's just part of his image, I guess.

But yeah, it's strange to see how handsome he was, when he was young, and how bad he looks now. Then, look at Steven...he could pass for 40-45. Time is much kinder to some...
I didn't, but I'll have to see if it's online somewhere. That's actually really surprised me. I thought that maybe he would have finished with the drug side of things, but he always looked to me like the a typical alcoholic. I guess because I've known so many, I see the signs in people. But more power to him for being clean!

I suppose alot of it comes down to genetics. Some people are just predisposed to look youthful. Although most hate me for it, I seem to have that trait. I'm 22 but people have great trouble believing that I could even be 16 (I know this because many a time I've tried to buy a lottery ticket and they've dismissed me completely). I must say that I use this to my advantage occasionally. Now and again people on the street try to stop me, asking my age and if I can take part in a survey. I'm almost sick of people believing me when I tell them I'm 12. The first time I did it I was taking the wee week, thinking they'd see the funny side. Apparently they didn't and just let me on my way. It's not funny (well...much lol).
Old 01-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.antimusic.com/news/11/jan...boration.shtml

Steven Tyler, Mick Fleetwood, Johnny Lang and John McVie Collaboration

January 4, 2011

(hennemusic) Aerosmith's Steven Tyler recently jammed with Camp Freddy in Los Angeles. During the jam Mick Fleetwood popped behind the drum kit as Tyler took center stage for the Fleetwood Mac track, "Rattlesnake Shake."
Then, Tyler and band jammed the Aerosmith classic, "Sweet Emotion," before closing out the show with Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love."

But that isn't the only collaboration the two have embarked on. In a new interview, Fleetwood spills the beans on the two rock legends working together. "Steven and Johnny Lang and John McVie and I are doing a track on a new tribute album for ZZ Top," Mick tells the Maui News. "We all got together and we had a ball." Would you believe Tyler has mad drum skills?
Old 01-07-2011, 04:15 PM
llb

This is cool. Good for them! Steven looks like he's having a ball - or two! Steven actually started in music as a drummer.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Having said that, I don't think Mick's ever been accused of smoking his own Father.
Not "smoking"...snorting...as in the ashes up his nose like cocaine.

Another myth, however. In Keith's latest book, he said he took his father's ashes & as a joke, pour them onto a mirror and cut them into lines "like you would coke". Then put them back in the urn. Of course, that got falsely blown out of proportion that Keith snorted them up along with cocaine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llb View Post
Steven actually started in music as a drummer.
Even played drums on a couple of tracks on one of Ringo Starr's albums...one of which was Ringo's own cover of the Beatles' "Love Me Do".

Last edited by chiliD; 01-07-2011 at 04:54 PM..
Old 01-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
http://www.antimusic.com/news/11/jan...boration.shtml

Steven Tyler, Mick Fleetwood, Johnny Lang and John McVie Collaboration

January 4, 2011

(hennemusic) Aerosmith's Steven Tyler recently jammed with Camp Freddy in Los Angeles. During the jam Mick Fleetwood popped behind the drum kit as Tyler took center stage for the Fleetwood Mac track, "Rattlesnake Shake."
Then, Tyler and band jammed the Aerosmith classic, "Sweet Emotion," before closing out the show with Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love."

But that isn't the only collaboration the two have embarked on. In a new interview, Fleetwood spills the beans on the two rock legends working together. "Steven and Johnny Lang and John McVie and I are doing a track on a new tribute album for ZZ Top," Mick tells the Maui News. "We all got together and we had a ball." Would you believe Tyler has mad drum skills?
(RTTNews) - Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has contributed a track for an upcoming ZZ Top tribute album.

The track features Tyler along with Fleetwood Mac's Mick Fleetwood, Johnny Lang and Stevie McVie.

Tyler jammed on stage alongside Fleetwood only last month when the Aerosmith singer joined the Los Angeles-based "jam" group Camp Freddy for a cover of the surf-rock classic "Wipeout" (on which he also played the drums), Fleetwood Mac's "Rattlesnake Shake," Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion" and Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love."

Said Fleetwood of Tyler's performance with Camp Freddy to the Maui News: "Steven is a really good drummer. We all got together and we had a ball. He came on and played 'Wipeout' and kicked the hell out of it."

No further details on the title of the Tyler track or the tribute album have been announced.

http://www.rttnews.com/Content/Enter...d=1520469&SM=1
Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
The track features Tyler along with Fleetwood Mac's Mick Fleetwood, Johnny Lang and Stevie McVie.
Stevie McVie???