User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2021, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Don't make me ban you. You know which 4.
I figured that was obvious to everyone. $tevie is so obviously your favorite member!
Old 03-19-2021, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I want to see them again, too. One last time. But, I'll always want to see them together again one last time.
But you don’t have to see them play music, do you? How about if we just stick them on a stage and they have a long conversation with the crowd? That might be more interesting than hearing them and their support staff play “Rhiannon” in 2023.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-19-2021, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't make me ban you. You know which 4.
Knowing you, you could mean everyone but Lindsey!
Old 03-19-2021, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I figured that was obvious to everyone. $tevie is so obviously your favorite member!
I wish the very worst for both Mick and Stevie. Poverty, loneliness. I truly do. Yet, if I am saying farewell to the band forever, I do want them there. But they could then drop dead directly after the final bow.

Like, “be good to each other. Ack!” Thump. The end.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wish the very worst for both Mick and Stevie. Poverty, loneliness. I truly do. Yet, if I am saying farewell to the band forever, I do want them there. But they could then drop dead directly after the final bow.

I agree completely. Stupid, greedy old Mick allowed Stevie to RUIN the end of the band of our lives. They can both drop dead, as far as I'm concerned.

Christine and John just need a couple really good slaps, for allowing it.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Wow. That’s kind of pathetic.

I’d just quit following a band before wishing poverty, loneliness, and death on anyone. As if they don’t have families who love and care about them, all because they fired a multimillionaire guitarist.

What a sad, miserable person you must be.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-19-2021, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

I’d just quit following a band before wishing poverty, loneliness, and death on anyone. As if they don’t have families who love and care about them, all because they fired a multimillionaire guitarist.

For some of us, the Rumours five IS the band. We don't want some Tom Petty knock off band.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Not really. Right about now I am quite content, even gleeful.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Ohhhh watch out everyone, here comes the moral compass of the board to wag his finger at us..... again. smfh.

You are the only one around here treating this band as some disposable product that can be traded and changed like a ****ing fantasy football team.
Old 03-19-2021, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post

You are the only one around here treating this band as some disposable product that can be traded and changed like a ****ing fantasy football team.
Yes, I do decry the “it’s all fungible” attitude. I mean, how does Lindsey’s status as a millionaire lessen the impact of his ouster for those who thought the personalities and emotion made the music.
Old 03-19-2021, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I do decry the “it’s all fungible” attitude. I mean, how does Lindsey’s status as a millionaire lessen the impact of his ouster for those who thought the personalities and emotion made the music.
He really has been the most important member. Even though Christine was always my favorite, and $tevie is the STAR!!!, NONE of it would have happened without Lindsey's vision, and him being at the helm. None of it. FM would have probably hung it up by the late 70's. $tevie would be a nobody, and probably have a few kids(without being in the Army - $he wouldn't have had to abort them - honestly, $he'd probably be a much happier person if FM had never happened). I doubt Christine would have stayed in a band with John, if the millions hadn't already began rolling in.

They OWE their extravagant lives to Lindsey.

INGRATES!!!
Old 03-19-2021, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

New Mick interview at Louder... and he's not echoing Stevie's line that Lindsey failed to contribute anything great to FM History!

Fleetwood Mac’s last studio album was 2003’s Say You Will. Why no more?

"We just stopped. Christine had left. At that point it would have been down to a dysfunctional band. Could there be another album? I think there’s been a thousand and one times when the answer would always be ‘Yes’. My wish, of course, is that there would be. I think this period now is interesting. Everyone’s doing their own thing. So I don’t know. But looking at the state of the nation, or whatever you want to call Fleetwood Mac, I have no qualms or regrets.

If it ends, I think we’ve done A-okay, and we’ve left a lot of great music behind. There is a band. We’re not broken up. There’s some incredibly talented people. But time is wearing on. I don’t know whether John wants to do this any more. But then he’s done that a couple of times. He’ll go, like: 'Oh, I’m bored ****less…'"

Do you think things could have been handled better with Lindsey in 2018, when he had to leave the band?

"No, I really don’t. I’m in touch with Lindsey and we had a great conversation, and it was understood that basically the dynamic for both Stevie and himself had really worn its way so thin… it was just really not a happy situation, and it’s not good for either of them. We couldn’t endure going on. And at that point, in many ways, believe me, even I’m going: 'We’re done.' And that’s the best way to describe it. There was just so much unhealed emotional content.

Again, no one was equipped to keep it going. It was just too much. So that was that. One thing for sure is that Lindsey’s work with Fleetwood Mac is faultless, and such a major part. In his own way, like Peter Green, he’s unbelievably talented, hugely invested. Also, everyone has had their own story. There’s not anyone – apart from me and John – who hasn’t left this band for many years. Lindsey left for, like, twelve years – and came back. They’ve all done it."
Old 03-19-2021, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
He really has been the most important member. Even though Christine was always my favorite, and $tevie is the STAR!!!, NONE of it would have happened without Lindsey's vision, and him being at the helm. None of it. FM would have probably hung it up by the late 70's. $tevie would be a nobody, and probably have a few kids(without being in the Army - $he wouldn't have had to abort them - honestly, $he'd probably be a much happier person if FM had never happened). I doubt Christine would have stayed in a band with John, if the millions hadn't already began rolling in.

They OWE their extravagant lives to Lindsey.

INGRATES!!!
Well, thinking of Steve’s post, I just consider Lindsey and the family who loves him, who would not have been comforted by his multi-millionaire status and probably would not have gotten even a condolence call from his erstwhile band mates had things not worked out heart wise.

What if LB had not survived. How would that have been handled on the tour? Would Mick have just said, “Here’s to you Lindsey,” just before GYOW?

Remember how everyone started copying the format after Natalie Cole did the Unforgettable video with her departed father? Cher did one in concert singing a “duet” with Sonny. She thrilled me, because she did not make the easy choice, “I Got You Babe.” No, using movie footage of Sonny, she sang “it’s the Little Things” side by side with his image.

I would have wanted a video tribute like that to Lindsey.
Old 03-19-2021, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Cher did one in concert singing a “duet” with Sonny. She thrilled me, because she did not make the easy choice, “I Got You Babe.” No, using movie footage of Sonny, she sang “it’s the Little Things” side by side with his image.

Cher did start singing I Got You Babe with a Sonny video. Also, The Beat Goes On. She's been doing it for about 10 years now.

I don't think there would've been a tribute like that. Stevie looked Neil in the eyes and sang SHN, MM, and GYOW. I don't think she really cares about Lindsey. If she was the feminist she labels herself as, she would've three-way called Lindsey with Azoff on Sunday Grammy Night 2018 and chewed his a** out with Irving on the line. Lindsey's just a conversation starter for her now.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, thinking of Steve’s post, I just consider Lindsey and the family who loves him, who would not have been comforted by his multi-millionaire status and probably would not have gotten even a condolence call from his erstwhile band mates had things not worked out heart wise.

What if LB had not survived. How would that have been handled on the tour? Would Mick have just said, “Here’s to you Lindsey,” just before GYOW?

Remember how everyone started copying the format after Natalie Cole did the Unforgettable video with her departed father? Cher did one in concert singing a “duet” with Sonny. She thrilled me, because she did not make the easy choice, “I Got You Babe.” No, using movie footage of Sonny, she sang “it’s the Little Things” side by side with his image.

I seriously doubt they would have said anything. Mick's a heartless dick. Well, he certainly puts his wallet before everything else!!! They ignore the ugly topics. Fire who? Lindsey who? Bob Welch? Who is that? Time band? WHAT?

When the Eagles replaced Glenn with his son, after the end of the first song "Deacon" sang, they put up a HUGE pic of Glenn on all the screens. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Would FM do that for Lindsey? F*ck no they wouldn't. They're even more selfish douches than the Eagles.