User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-28-2018, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yes, but sadly this poster think Christine did nothing because Lindsey did something oh so awful! he was not worth her support, when in fact it was out of loyalty with Mick.
Whatever the reasoning if she felt that strongly about it she should’ve said or done something. Which to me says she doesn’t feel that strongly about it. End of story. None of them need the money at this point.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Whatever the reasoning if she felt that strongly about it she should’ve said or done something. Which to me says she doesn’t feel that strongly about it. End of story. None of them need the money at this point.

For all we know maybe she did do something. Chris doesn't need the money, but she needs something to do. She knows retirement means hanging out on her own and she doesn't want to go back to that. She's quite insular and isn't about to start hanging out with other bands/artists at this stage. She knows Lindsey is going to focus on his own work so sitting around and waiting for BuckVie 2 isn't an option. I'd like to think she made her feelings known to Mick and Stevie. I'd like to think she's been in touch with Lindsey and talked it through with him. I'd like to think she was in a difficult position and had no option but to remain part of Fleetwood Mac. Who knows?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-28-2018, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they're all (the other 4) delusional thinking they have another 10 years to wait until things blow over and they happen to accidentally wind up in the same room together and things magically "feel good" again. I don't think they have any concept of time. I thought Tom's passing would do that, but apparently not, or it did in all the wrong ways.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:24 PM
Junior Ledgie

The Ellen Show is a common stop for many of these heritage acts promoting a tour. Even Van Halen played on the show before promoting their last tour.

However, playing "2 classic songs" pretty much tells me the ship has sailed on any new music from them. If they really wanted to prove they are not just using mid-size arenas around the country as their personal ATM machines and were still creative, this would have been the platform to show it.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamIsOver View Post
However, playing "2 classic songs" pretty much tells me the ship has sailed on any new music from them. If they really wanted to prove they are not just using mid-size arenas around the country as their personal ATM machines and were still creative, this would have been the platform to show it.
I thought this was a "new" band.

My new tagline: Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
My new tagline: Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"
Wow, I am completely blown away by your cleverness with that

They’re clearly not going to play GYOW, just like they didn’t in 1987/88, 1990, and 1994/95, when Lindsey wasn’t in the band.

ETA: I’d gladly take DDIO over NGBA, Big Love, or IKINW.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 08-28-2018 at 05:23 PM..
Old 08-28-2018, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SDMHA
Don’t Stop

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-28-2018, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamIsOver View Post
You articulated my grumblings.

For TV, they should do "Landslide" and "World Turning." Both songs highlight the new guitarist, who gets to play some choice licks, while the latter also highlights the vocalizing with the new singer. "World Turning" might need shortening — easy to do on that song — but it could be punchy enough for TV. It also gets the three vocalists up front and looking and smiling at one another. It's good vibe and good press.

I know they won't do this, but it would be energetic: "Long Grey Mare" (see the way Gary Moore does it in Montreux in 1995)

"Merry Go Round"?
"Stop Messing Round"?
"My Heart Beat Like a Hammer"?
"Over My Head"?
"Gold Dust Woman"?
"Love in Store"?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-28-2018, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
SDMHA
Don’t Stop
Now there's a thought....SDMHA would be a great way to showcase Stevie and Mike and the specter of Tom. Would John and Mick be up for it?
Old 08-28-2018, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They’re clearly not going to play GYOW, just like they didn’t in 1987/88, 1990, and 1994/95, when Lindsey wasn’t in the band.
Billy Burnette did sing Go Your Own Way live with FM when he was in the band, in 1987/88 and 1990.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Billy Burnette did sing Go Your Own Way live with FM when he was in the band, in 1987/88 and 1990.
Steve was just joking. He knows the band played "Go Your Own Way" and "Don't Let Me Down Again" after Lindsey left in 1987.

Fleetwood Mac has a fifty-year history of playing the music of former members out live. Peter Green, Danny Kirwan, Bob Welch, Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie, and Stevie Nicks all had their songs played in Mac sets after they themselves split.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-28-2018, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
It was sarcasm. They also played it in 1994/95. It’s been a constant in the set since late 1975. It’s not going anywhere.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-28-2018, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Got it. Sorry for the confusion, David and SteveMacD.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

May they impress the daytime tv watchers.
I'll hear though the grapevine ( you good folkses ) how it went, I am far less bitter now that Mr. B's gonna be back in town! With new music too, wheehoo.

Edited to add though, that in no way have I forgiven the bunch their injustices, but I'll not openly wish them to fall flat.

Last edited by sasja; 08-28-2018 at 08:52 PM..
Old 08-28-2018, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Now there's a thought....SDMHA would be a great way to showcase Stevie and Mike and the specter of Tom. Would John and Mick be up for it?
Stevie said they were doing it on the tour. It’s no more complex than a typical Fleetwood Mac song.

THE Stephen Hopkins