The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This article on D listed deserves it's own thread! HA HA!

Homer you are going to love this!

http://dlisted.com/2018/05/13/lindse...l/#more-291394
Sure, Fleetwood Mac is a legendary rock supergroup that could rest on their laurels and never have to work again. But retirement mansions in nice sections of Florida or Arizona can be pricey. They’re all in that stage of their lives and you would think everyone in the band could get along if only to keep those nostalgia tour dollars rolling in. Not so. With the backing of the rest of the band, co-lead singer Stevie Nicks used her fringed shawl-swathed arm and tambourine to gesture towards the exit for guitarist (and her ex) Lindsey Buckingham to leave the band this past April.

Medium reports that Lindsey spoke publicly for the first time about his dismissal while performing at a political fundraiser for Democratic Congressional candidate Mike Levin on Friday. He seems to be equating it with the current political landscape here in the US? Easy there, Lindsay. It was just a song about a Welsh witch and fallin’, fallin’, fallin’. Let’s not pump it up too much. You know you’ll be asked back when this next Buckingham-less tour doesn’t rake in as much cash as previous ones.

Lindsey was replaced with singer-guitarist Neil Finn from Crowded House and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell. The official reason for his firing was his supposedly refusing to go out on tour again.

“It’s been an interesting time on a lot of levels,” said Buckingham from the Los Feliz, California, backyard of fellow Levin donor Erica Rothschild. “For me, personally, probably some of you know that for the last three months I have sadly taken leave of my band of 43 years, Fleetwood Mac. This was not something that was really my doing or my choice.

As Lindsay went on, some rabid fan of his blamed it all on white witch Stevie and was rather eloquent about it.

“I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective [a female fan shouts, ‘F — k Stevie Nicks!,’ prompting Buckingham to raise his hand]. Well, it doesn’t really matter. The point is that they’d lost their perspective. What that did was to harm — and this is the only thing I’m really sad about, the rest of it becomes an opportunity — it harmed the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build [another admirer chimes in, ‘That you built, Lindsey’]. That legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one’s higher truth and one’s higher destiny.”

And that’s when he equated the situation that led to his firing with the subversion of the US democratic process.

“Now, we also are at a point with our country in Washington where there’s been a loss of perspective. I think the difference was that perhaps there were more separations of powers. There was more potential for checks and balances in that loss of perspective. The loss of perspective we see now is indeed threatening to harm the legacy that is the United States.

Fleetwood Mac is scheduled to kick off a 52-date North American tour in Oklahma in October. Stevie herself spoke on her ex’s pink-slipping during a CBS This Morning appearance on April 25.

“This team wanted to get out on the road, and one of the members didn’t want to go out on the road for a year,” said Nicks. “We just couldn’t agree. When you’re in a band, it’s a team. I have a solo career. I love my solo career, and I’m the boss. But I’m not the boss in this band.”

You can not tell me that, since she broke out of her Klonopin haze, Stevie hasn’t found her sobriety threatened on the regular by having to share the stage with her ex. Those mic stand kicks are a little lower when the guy you broke up with years ago is is still necessary to your financial existence. She’s the boss alright. Stevie probably flew her ass Down Under to nab the Crowded House guy herself, and Tom Petty’s body was probably barely in the ground when she grabbed the other guy.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Homer you are going to love this!

“This team wanted to get out on the road, and one of the members didn’t want to go out on the road for a year,” said Nicks. “We just couldn’t agree. When you’re in a band, it’s a team. I have a solo career. I love my solo career, and I’m the boss. But I’m not the boss in this band.”

Team, my ass! I'm not the boss? I hate her more and more with every word I read from her. NOBODY(even her entourage) believes her SH*T. Well, nobody except herself.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"ead singer Stevie Nicks used her fringed shawl-swathed arm and tambourine to gesture towards the exit for guitarist" LOL!
Old 05-14-2018, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"ead singer Stevie Nicks used her fringed shawl-swathed arm and tambourine to gesture towards the exit for guitarist" LOL!
She's quite the witch. Oh wait, I'm one letter off.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She's quite the witch. Oh wait, I'm one letter off.
This is such a visual.

"You can not tell me that, since she broke out of her Klonopin haze, Stevie hasn’t found her sobriety threatened on the regular by having to share the stage with her ex. Those mic stand kicks are a little lower when the guy you broke up with years ago is is still necessary to your financial existence. She’s the boss alright. Stevie probably flew her ass Down Under to nab the Crowded House guy herself, and Tom Petty’s body was probably barely in the ground when she grabbed the other guy."
Old 05-14-2018, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is such a visual.

"You can not tell me that, since she broke out of her Klonopin haze, Stevie hasn’t found her sobriety threatened on the regular by having to share the stage with her ex. Those mic stand kicks are a little lower when the guy you broke up with years ago is is still necessary to your financial existence. She’s the boss alright. Stevie probably flew her ass Down Under to nab the Crowded House guy herself, and Tom Petty’s body was probably barely in the ground when she grabbed the other guy."
IDK why she just doesn't own up to being the star, and having the power to force these changes.

We already know that she's evil. She should embrace it.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
IDK why she just doesn't own up to being the star, and having the power to force these changes.

We already know that she's evil. She should embrace it.
I actually think she is embracing it. She WANTS everyone to know she fired him. That's why she did it because now everyone is talking about it.. The world is confirming that she has the most power in the band and that is exactly what she wants to hear. And she's finally hearing it out loud over and over again. She doesn't even care if it's in a negative light at this point. This is cementing HER legacy as the supreme one in FM, and if it took destroying the bands legacy in the process, so be it.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 05-14-2018 at 01:10 AM..
Old 05-14-2018, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I actually think she is embracing it. She WANTS everyone to know she fired him. That's why she did it because now everyone is talking about it.. The world is confirming that she has the most power in the band and that is exactly what she wants to hear. And she's finally hearing it out loud over and over again. She doesn't even care if it's in a negative light at this point. This is cementing HER legacy as the supreme one in FM, and if it took destroying the bands legacy in the process, so be it.
I agree with every word. It only took her 43 years, but $he'$ finally, officially, the bo$$.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Articles like this, I understand are designed to take shots at Stevie. But they don't do much to show Lindsey in a good light. I'm not much of a fan of these types of articles.

I'm very pro LB, and very much against Stevie's actions. But LB has been nothing but total class through all this. This article lumps him in with anti-class statements.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Articles like this, I understand are designed to take shots at Stevie. But they don't do much to show Lindsey in a good light. I'm not much of a fan of these types of articles.

I'm very pro LB, and very much against Stevie's actions. But LB has been nothing but total class through all this. This article lumps him in with anti-class statements.
The guy who writes that website is like that with everybody so take it with a grain of salt, he is cutting and humorous.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with every word. It only took her 43 years, but $he'$ finally, officially, the bo$$.
“I had to tell them we can only go on tour three years”. Then when it suits her she’s whining about how the cat just all sit around it’s what they do.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed and her people will block anything negative from her so all she hears are the opinions of her supporters.

Maybe she'll run for President in 2020 because, you know, power et all that.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-14-2018, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's a very strangely emotional person, for lack of better words. She has a lot of feelings that always veer towards the extreme, contradict each other and change CONSTANTLY. I think whatever headspace she is in right now will be very different not too far from now. That's definitely going to be interesting to watch.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Stevie's a very strangely emotional person, for lack of better words. She has a lot of feelings that always veer towards the extreme, contradict each other and change CONSTANTLY. I think whatever headspace she is in right now will be very different not too far from now. That's definitely going to be interesting to watch.
I think that's the most accurate description I have read of Stevie in my entire life.
And I think they all know that. In the band, I mean. And they're waiting.....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I believe she has a certain MJKF round her little finger. I still say if wanting stuff delayed for solo projects was the problem then they would have ditched Stevie around 2016 if not a couple of years before.

It's only just really dawned on me what a big draw she is for the group. They could still fill big venues even when only four out of the Rumours five were in the line-up but look how tame the whole BuckVie thing was by comparison.