User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Why would anyone even care what Kristen thinks?
why would anyone NOT care about what KB says? other than people wanting to hide the ugly truth and facts.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-20-2019, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
No, Stevie could not share a stage with Lindsey – not vice-versa. We don't know what would have happened had the band called her bluff.
that's the thing - they SHOULD have call her bluff. she probably would have left.

and the band would be selling out sheds. as Sting does. and Robert Plant. and the Cure. and David Byrne. and Rod Stewart. nothing wrong with that.

except Mick is too greedy. and who knows what kind of favors he called in from Christine and John so that one or both of them don't pull the plug. they both should have. they both came out of this looking spineless and greedy and Christine sounds just plain ignorant in that Mojo interview. maybe they put her quotes together that way, so you can't really see what exactly is she talking about, but she came out looking horrible. worse than Mick almost.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-20-2019, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just ignore this stupid troll. He had been waiting all his life to meet Stevie and she doesn’t even know he exists nor does she cares.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Why would anyone even care what Kristen thinks? She's obviously gonna side with her FIRED husband. Girl Bye.

If you read the recent interviews with CM and MF they both said the same thing. Stevie and Lindsey could not share a stage anymore. If they kept LB over Stevie, they'd be playing small pubs right now. Haha. Stay mad people.
First of all you are seriously the worst. Secondly LB/CM tour would have sold A LOT better with the FM name. And her last tour was very much helped by the twin bill. Thirdly? You are the worst.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
that's the thing - they SHOULD have call her bluff. she probably would have left.

and the band would be selling out sheds. as Sting does. and Robert Plant. and the Cure. and David Byrne. and Rod Stewart. nothing wrong with that.

except Mick is too greedy. and who knows what kind of favors he called in from Christine and John so that one or both of them don't pull the plug. they both should have. they both came out of this looking spineless and greedy and Christine sounds just plain ignorant in that Mojo interview. maybe they put her quotes together that way, so you can't really see what exactly is she talking about, but she came out looking horrible. worse than Mick almost.
Agree with the bolded part - I think it's because fans expect more from Christine. You expect Mick to sound like a complete and total ass but for whatever reason, Chris seems to get the benefit of the doubt. She has come off terrible this whole time and this latest interview is the bottom of the barrel. I have felt all along that both McVie's have to share as much blame as Mick and Stevie. They all went along with this garbage.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This use of touring as some sort of psychological bulwark against sitting at home, turning inward, has been Stevie's life since she hit 50 and it's going to continue being her life. It's what we'll see from her next year and the year after, and so on. No mystery, really. She even said in that most recent magazine interview that she has no intention of quitting—touring.
But how long can she tour physically? Jerry Lee Lewis just had a stroke, but says he can't wait to hit the road again. He probably will. But Stevie, by contrast, is very conscious of her physical appearance and diminishing mobility. For many people, ditching the heels would not have been a struggle, but for Stevie (and Prince) it was, because she has an image she wants to maintain on stage. I wonder if feeling that she is no longer the person the people came out to see will keep her from touring indefinitely.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine sounds just plain ignorant in that Mojo interview. maybe they put her quotes together that way, so you can't really see what exactly is she talking about, but she came out looking horrible. worse than Mick almost.
Don't write it off as ignorance. That's too kind and she's not dumb or blind. More like, she'd rather go blind and willfully ignore the unpleasant and unfair.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But how long can she tour physically? Jerry Lee Lewis just had a stroke, but says he can't wait to hit the road again. He probably will. But Stevie, by contrast, is very conscious of her physical appearance and diminishing mobility. For many people, ditching the heels would not have been a struggle, but for Stevie (and Prince) it was, because she has an image she wants to maintain on stage. I wonder if feeling that she is no longer the person the people came out to see will keep her from touring indefinitely.
these folks get sooo addicted to the role they play to the point that they can't separate themselves from it anymore. We may think, oh, they go onstage and play the star and then come offstage and back to being "normal" people. They don't. I always recall Stevie's comment about being in rehab and them asking her to write or talk (I forget how the therapy exercise went) about Stevie the person vs Stevie the onstage performer, and her saying how hard that was, like the hardest thing she'd ever done ( bit of Stevie dramatic overstatement maybe) but nevertheless that she really came to see herself as the onstage character. She still does. "I'm a legend and I deserve it". And as long as people are making money off her they will continue to coddle her and go along with her attitude.

She won't be able to give it up. The manager of Kiss made a comment about Gene Simmons and how addicted to fame/performing he is saying "When he's 95 he'll be standing at the end of his driveway, holding onto with his walker, flicking his tongue at passing cars". I put Stevie in the same category. She'll be Elizabeth Taylor in her wheelchair, but draped in shawls and beads and wearing a top hat. Karen will have to strain to see over the hat when pushing her around.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't write it off as ignorance. That's too kind and she's not dumb or blind. More like, she'd rather go blind and willfully ignore the unpleasant and unfair.
by ignorance i mean stuff like not knowing what the term democracy means.

not that she didn't know what was she was doing when she decided not to break up the rest of the band when Lindsey was ousted, but instead lose the spine and come back to them.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For many people, ditching the heels would not have been a struggle, but for Stevie (and Prince) it was, because she has an image she wants to maintain on stage. I wonder if feeling that she is no longer the person the people came out to see will keep her from touring indefinitely.
i hope she's not doing similar things as Prince to dull the pain of not being really able to perform in those heels.

Old 03-22-2019, 01:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
My hunch is that live performance, with Fleetwood or on her own, is going to be the linchpin of her public life, as it's been for a long time now. She does lots of other little fritty projects, like cameos on dumb TV shows and recording songs with a train of adulatory musicians, but none of those things is long term. Notice that? Stevie has never liked long-term inward-focused work—work that takes intense concentration—like making albums in the studio or writing books. She's very solitary—but she's really not very solitary. She's the eternal work-as-party girl. I think I know why her Rhiannon script idea never came to fruition: it's long-lasting, solitary work (even if Karen is in the room with her), and she doesn't have the drive for it, whether she writes the screenplay or just "oversees" it. Even her cameos on TV, from Up All Night to American Horror Story, obviously take her no more than a single day, maybe two, to film, and all they require of her is to be . . . her.

The other Macsters have always said Stevie gets bored in the studio. She'd prefer to sing live, where she can emote and sing one song once for the night and get high on the overwhelming immediacy of the audience's response. (Remember how her voice and face seemed to fall when she had to redo parts of her Melbourne concert with the orchestra because someone failed to record it?)

This use of touring as some sort of psychological bulwark against sitting at home, turning inward, has been Stevie's life since she hit 50 and it's going to continue being her life. It's what we'll see from her next year and the year after, and so on. No mystery, really. She even said in that most recent magazine interview that she has no intention of quitting—touring.
This, 100%, all day, every day. NAILED IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
these folks get sooo addicted to the role they play to the point that they can't separate themselves from it anymore. We may think, oh, they go onstage and play the star and then come offstage and back to being "normal" people. They don't. I always recall Stevie's comment about being in rehab and them asking her to write or talk (I forget how the therapy exercise went) about Stevie the person vs Stevie the onstage performer, and her saying how hard that was, like the hardest thing she'd ever done ( bit of Stevie dramatic overstatement maybe) but nevertheless that she really came to see herself as the onstage character. She still does. "I'm a legend and I deserve it". And as long as people are making money off her they will continue to coddle her and go along with her attitude.

She won't be able to give it up. The manager of Kiss made a comment about Gene Simmons and how addicted to fame/performing he is saying "When he's 95 he'll be standing at the end of his driveway, holding onto with his walker, flicking his tongue at passing cars". I put Stevie in the same category. She'll be Elizabeth Taylor in her wheelchair, but draped in shawls and beads and wearing a top hat. Karen will have to strain to see over the hat when pushing her around.
This. This 100%.

Quote:
But how long can she tour physically? .... Stevie is very conscious of her physical appearance and diminishing mobility. For many people, ditching the heels would not have been a struggle, but for Stevie (and Prince) it was, because she has an image she wants to maintain on stage.
I always want to laugh when I see Stevie's ridiculous hunched over twirling "dances" and arm/hand motions on this tour, all clomping around in those platform heels draped in the same shawls and outfits she's been wearing for decades. In my personal opinion, she looks ridiculous. IT IS ALL SO FORCED AND STAGED! There is nothing organic about her. It's the same formula for decades, which she even admits. And WHY wear the platforms?? Her ankles look like they're about to collapse inwards on those things. Just wear different shoes!
Old 03-22-2019, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i hope she's not doing similar things as Prince to dull the pain of not being really able to perform in those heels.
Honestly….. at this point….. don't care…..
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Just ignore this stupid troll. He had been waiting all his life to meet Stevie and she doesn’t even know he exists nor does she cares.
Whereas you and Lindsey Buckingham are best friends and thick as thieves?
Old 03-23-2019, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Whereas you and Lindsey Buckingham are best friends and thick as thieves?
"Troll, party of one! "
Old 03-23-2019, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
"Troll, party of one! "
+ Lindsey actually knows button-lip. so yeah, huge difference.