User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-08-2018, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Hopkins - you are one of the most longtime, respected posters on The Ledge. I think you actually like this Mac change. Your passive aggressive posts certainly hint a that. It is okay. Let the world know, you had grown tired of a Buckingham led Mac and are looking forward to the rebranded Mac.
There's one in every crowd.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
"It’s a strange one, really, because we’re not really the best of chums," McVie, 74, said in a separate call a little later. "We don’t really hang out very much together. But we have a really strong musical bond with each other. Once we’re in the studio, we work as a team really well. We inspire ideas with each other. It is quite amazing, really, that I can listen to something he’s playing and tooling around on, and then we link up off each other very well. It’s been like that over the years — we come up with different ideas, and cooperate in a very natural way."
Fair enough, maybe friend or chum is too literal, but Buck & Vie have a strong, respectful healthy musical relationship/connection....when Mick speaks for all and says 'we were unhappy' I don't believe for a second this includes Chris.
She wouldn't have wished the current band outcome on Lindsey I do not believe, not after their work together last year
Old 08-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
It is certainly useless to intervene, HOWEVER if your FRIEND who you have just joyfully recorded an album with and toured with is fired as a result you do something to make things right ....otherwise you are enabling and encouraging Stevie's appealing behaviour
I don’t disagree. However—and this is crucial, I think, to Christine’s reaction—it’s not just Sevie but Mick who have acted appallingly. They seem to have approached this very much as a duo. Maybe not? Either way, Christine IS enabling this to happen but I don’t think she feels she has the strength or wherewithal to counter it.

As I said above, I don’t blame her but I DO wish she’d walked away from this whole affair.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I don’t disagree. However—and this is crucial, I think, to Christine’s reaction—it’s not just Sevie but Mick who have acted appallingly. They seem to have approached this very much as a duo. Maybe not? Either way, Christine IS enabling this to happen but I don’t think she feels she has the strength or wherewithal to counter it.

As I said above, I don’t blame her but I DO wish she’d walked away from this whole affair.
I have to wonder--if in the deep dark recesses of their zillion dollar homes, when all of their yes men aren't lurking in the wings saying how wonderful they all are...there isn't some element of "WTF" did we do. I can't imagine they expected the backlash they are getting to the extent they are getting it.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I have to wonder--if in the deep dark recesses of their zillion dollar homes, when all of their yes men aren't lurking in the wings saying how wonderful they all are...there isn't some element of "WTF" did we do. I can't imagine they expected the backlash they are getting to the extent they are getting it.
I genuinely think Stevie in her narcissistic ways thought that basically no one would notice and/or care that Lindsey was no longer in the band and I genuinely think that Mick thought that tour popularity/ticket sales and the bottom line profitability of the tour would be pretty unaffected.
How wrong they were
Old 08-08-2018, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I genuinely think Stevie in her narcissistic ways thought that basically no one would notice and/or care that Lindsey was no longer in the band and I genuinely think that Mick thought that tour popularity/ticket sales and the bottom line profitability of the tour would be pretty unaffected.
How wrong they were
I 100% agree with you--which is why I have to wonder what "their people" are telling them. I am willing to bet, if they don't extend this tour beyond the US, they will hide behind other obligations (Stevie now on AHS???) and not the less than stellar/what FM normally expects (i.e. abysmal) ticket sales.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:00 AM
Ledgie

OMG! This is STILL going on?

Ticket sales: Why is anyone surprised by this? They have continually shoveled out the same setlist for over two decades now (outside of the Say You Will tour but even that evolved further and further into the formulaic FM setlist with time) and honestly, yep - even I am tired of "Dreams", "Go Your Own Way" and "Big Love" by this point. Lindsey's motivational speeches and Mick's over long drum solos - those can go too. It's boring and it's predictable and with how much these tickets are now - its becoming harder and harder to justify.

I saw BuckVie opening night in Atlanta - 4th or 5th row. The show was better than expected but I remember walking away thinking ARE MY CHILDHOOD IDOLS PHONING IT IN NOW? They're singing along to guided vocals like a pop star....what's the world coming to indeed.
I also say Stevie on the 24K tour 4th row in Orlando as part of my honeymoon. Admittedly, Stevie & the Mac have been around since before I can remember and husband thought itd be cute to surprise me with these tickets. Was it long and rambling? YES! But I loved the the Storytellers/Behind The Music aspect to it. It was DIFFERENT!

As for Lindsey being the genius of FM - I giggle every single time someone comes up with this. Okay. Maybe back in the day. Have you actually heard Say You Will and BuckVie? I dont know if he gets demoitis and cant fill a song anymore but, it all sounds half baked. The exception is probably "Miranda" but the rest just do not have the Mac magic. The songs aren't full and are just incredibly sparse in arrangement and production. Is it any wonder? Seriously, go listen to the "Wall Of Sound" version of "Thrown Down" (which yes, I know he was involved with) and tell me he didn't completely ruin this song for "Say You Will". I'd have fired him then just for that alone but, thats me. "Thrown Down" is or was the modern Stevie classic and he torched it with production. Then you go to "Mabel Normand" which is beautiful and gorgeous and FULL in production and a fully realized song from the depths of demo Hell (yeah, I still dont know how they pulled this song from THAT demo but....) and its great. Yeah, I wouldn't want Lindsey anywhere near Stevie's songs now.

I still don't know why there still seems to be such a witch hunt for Stevie or excuse me, $tevie, in regards to this whole Lindsey being fired thing comes from. A majority here seem to think they were in the middle of these conversations as they were going down. No one knows anything. Lindsey hasn't said anything yet (he sure does have a thing for women who spill all of his business doesn't he), Stevie has said very little and yet, y'all are ready to burn her down. Makes no sense.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:19 AM
John Run
This message has been deleted by John Run.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpossibleHoney View Post
OMG! This is STILL going on?

Ticket sales: Why is anyone surprised by this? They have continually shoveled out the same setlist for over two decades now (outside of the Say You Will tour but even that evolved further and further into the formulaic FM setlist with time) and honestly, yep - even I am tired of "Dreams", "Go Your Own Way" and "Big Love" by this point. Lindsey's motivational speeches and Mick's over long drum solos - those can go too. It's boring and it's predictable and with how much these tickets are now - its becoming harder and harder to justify.

I saw BuckVie opening night in Atlanta - 4th or 5th row. The show was better than expected but I remember walking away thinking ARE MY CHILDHOOD IDOLS PHONING IT IN NOW? They're singing along to guided vocals like a pop star....what's the world coming to indeed.
I also say Stevie on the 24K tour 4th row in Orlando as part of my honeymoon. Admittedly, Stevie & the Mac have been around since before I can remember and husband thought itd be cute to surprise me with these tickets. Was it long and rambling? YES! But I loved the the Storytellers/Behind The Music aspect to it. It was DIFFERENT!

As for Lindsey being the genius of FM - I giggle every single time someone comes up with this. Okay. Maybe back in the day. Have you actually heard Say You Will and BuckVie? I dont know if he gets demoitis and cant fill a song anymore but, it all sounds half baked. The exception is probably "Miranda" but the rest just do not have the Mac magic. The songs aren't full and are just incredibly sparse in arrangement and production. Is it any wonder? Seriously, go listen to the "Wall Of Sound" version of "Thrown Down" (which yes, I know he was involved with) and tell me he didn't completely ruin this song for "Say You Will". I'd have fired him then just for that alone but, thats me. "Thrown Down" is or was the modern Stevie classic and he torched it with production. Then you go to "Mabel Normand" which is beautiful and gorgeous and FULL in production and a fully realized song from the depths of demo Hell (yeah, I still dont know how they pulled this song from THAT demo but....) and its great. Yeah, I wouldn't want Lindsey anywhere near Stevie's songs now.

I still don't know why there still seems to be such a witch hunt for Stevie or excuse me, $tevie, in regards to this whole Lindsey being fired thing comes from. A majority here seem to think they were in the middle of these conversations as they were going down. No one knows anything. Lindsey hasn't said anything yet (he sure does have a thing for women who spill all of his business doesn't he), Stevie has said very little and yet, y'all are ready to burn her down. Makes no sense.
Hallelujah and THANK YOU!! I don't come to this page anywhere near as often as I used to. It is the same people with the same vitriol as to how Stevie is such a money hungry untalented witch and how wronged Lindsey was. It is such a crock. There is a post above about how Christine should never stand for this and should walk away. Did you ever think that maybe she agrees? Maybe Lindsey did or said something really terrible AGAIN and she thinks he deserves to be out? I know...not Mr. Perfect. Make me want to hurl.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Hallelujah and THANK YOU!! I don't come to this page anywhere near as often as I used to. It is the same people with the same vitriol as to how Stevie is such a money hungry untalented witch and how wronged Lindsey was. It is such a crock. There is a post above about how Christine should never stand for this and should walk away. Did you ever think that maybe she agrees? Maybe Lindsey did or said something really terrible AGAIN and she thinks he deserves to be out? I know...not Mr. Perfect. Make me want to hurl.
An opinion is not "vitriol" which is why I'm not categorizing your comments as vitriol either. You also don't have any more evidence than anyone else to claim anything is a "crock"...so either be okay with other peoples opinion, or simply don't post. It's a two way street and everyone is entitled to voice their thoughts regardless if you agree or not. Practice what you preach.

Last edited by BigAl84; 08-09-2018 at 08:10 AM..
Old 08-09-2018, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
An opinion is not "vitriol" which is why I'm not categorizing your comments as vitriol either. You also don't have any more evidence than anyone else to claim anything is a "crock"...so either be okay with other peoples opinion, or simply don't post. It's a two way street and everyone is entitled to voice their thoughts regardless if you agree or not. Practice what you preach.
The definition of vitriol is cruel and bitter criticism. I would say that pretty much fits here. No one has any facts to base it on. Why is it ok for you and several others here to go on and on about $tevie and the witch...and I state something and I can just quit posting if I dont like it. Take a hike!!
Old 08-09-2018, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
The definition of vitriol is cruel and bitter criticism. I would say that pretty much fits here. No one has any facts to base it on. Why is it ok for you and several others here to go on and on about $tevie and the witch...and I state something and I can just quit posting if I dont like it. Take a hike!!
WOW..I've been escalated as part of the elite few who are critical of Stevie? I'm relatively irregular around these parts.

via GIPHY

Honestly, I think you missed my point. Your entitled to your opinion and so am I...and nobody on this board gets to label it as vitriol. You can't get upset when people criticize Stevie in the same way I'm not going to get upset if people criticize Lindsey.

And nobody has evidence to say Stevie is hands free in all of this. So what's your argument again?

Last edited by BigAl84; 08-09-2018 at 12:45 PM..
Old 08-09-2018, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For the record, I've never called Stevie a witch or even old goat breath (that I can recall) So do your homework before singling people out.

Last edited by BigAl84; 08-09-2018 at 12:11 PM..
Old 08-09-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
For the record, I've never called Stevie a witch or even old goat breath. So do your homework before singling people out.
Join the club! We have jackets. I'll send you one.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

HAHA thank you, I appreciate the humour.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
ON the back of the jacket is the slogan: "Set your secrets free..."