Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default John Lennon's 70th Birthday Events

You welcome Nico and 3rd World man. I am glad to be of help to you and any other people interested in reading this thread.I agree with your post Nico about John later in his life before he died and about Sean and Julians feelings as brothers toward each other.Thanks for the kind words about my Dad Nico.We do have good memorys about him.I do have more information that just came out today in the news.You have both and everyone else have a safe and good week and take care.

Gibson makes guitars to honor John Lennon

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com...cc4c002e0.html
Old 10-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default John Lennon's 70th Birthday Events.

I am just going to cut and paste this information I just found out about.

For those of you who will be in or near Hollywood and can make it down to his star in front of Capitol Records for his birthday:

"JOHN LENNON 70TH BIRTHDAY
PUBLIC CELEBRATION"

Time Schedule and Program-

Saturday, October 9, 2010
John Lennon Hollywood Walk of Fame Star
Front of Capitol Records Tower Building
1750 N. Vine Street, Hollywood

8:00 AM- Sidewalk chalk artists gather at John's star,
then begin creating Lennon and Beatles-themed murals
around perimeter of Capitol Records Tower Building.

11:30 AM- 100-foot long "John Lennon 70th Birthday
Message Scroll" will be started for the public to inscribe
personal messages. (The scroll will be sent to Yoko Ono).

11:30 AM- Face Painting Table (for kids and young at heart).

11:30 AM- Lennon star polished by longtime star polisher
and Lennon fan Dennis Garling (and me too!).

12:00 Noon- The Beatles "They Say It's Your Birthday"
echoes over the sound system and the program begins!

12:05 PM- Welcome- Jerry Rubin, Event Coordinator

12:10 PM- Violinist and vocalist Lili Haydn performs "Imagine".

12:15 PM- Vocal group The Three of Us performs "In My Life".

12:20 PM- Singer Jordan Zeigler performs "Beautiful Boy"
(Dedicated to John and Yoko's son Sean, who was born the
same day as his dad and is turning 35.)

12:25 PM- Chris Carter, radio host of "Breakfast With the Beatles"
lights birthday cake candles as everyone sings "Happy Birthday"
to John and Sean.

12:30 PM- Sidewalk chalk artists introduced.

12:35 PM- Cake-cutting ceremony led by Chris Carter.

Lennon and Beatles songs echo over the sound system as fans
enjoy the specially decorated cake.

12:50 PM- More performers, poetry and speakers at "open mic".

1:45 PM- Closing Circle at John's star as "Imagine" , "Give Peace
a Chance" and "Love is All You Need" echo through the crowd.

2:00 PM- Birthday Celebration concludes. Fans are invited to
gather again at the same location on Wednesday, December 8
at 6:00 PM for the free-to-the-public "John Lennon 30th Annual
Memorial Candlelight Remembrance".

Sponsored by: Alliance for Survival peace and environmental group.
For further information contact Jerry Rubin at 310-399-1000
E-mail to: JerryPeaceActivistRubin@earthlink.net

These events are open to everyone and the open mic time you just have to let the host, Jerry Rubin know you want to speak or sing.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just received the Signature Box and it is simply breathtaking. I'm completely head over heels in love with it and I'm going to take the rest of this year to celebrate the greatness of John with each album. There's beautiful dedications from Yoko, Julian, and Sean inside that are so heartfelt, a book filled with John's life in words/pictures by Anthony DeCurtis, and another book with a special John drawing. But most of all...the music. I am going to take my time listening through all the albums as well as the special bonus album. It's all so much and so gorgeously put together. People can say what they will about Yoko but she has honestly taken such care in preserving John's legacy. I approve.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I just received the Signature Box and it is simply breathtaking. I'm completely head over heels in love with it and I'm going to take the rest of this year to celebrate the greatness of John with each album. There's beautiful dedications from Yoko, Julian, and Sean inside that are so heartfelt, a book filled with John's life in words/pictures by Anthony DeCurtis, and another book with a special John drawing. But most of all...the music. I am going to take my time listening through all the albums as well as the special bonus album. It's all so much and so gorgeously put together. People can say what they will about Yoko but she has honestly taken such care in preserving John's legacy. I approve.
I envy you - I'll probably have to wait 'till Christmas before I obtain the Signature Box... lest you give me your copy? Thanks for the detailed description!
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 10-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ You're so welcome! Did anyone get the Stripped Down Double Fantasy? I'm asking because I want to know what others feel about it. Personally I felt like I was listening to a whole new disc, and John's voice- which is one one of my favorite singing voices ever- is stark, immediate, emotive...it's not buried in all the music or masked by studio trickery or background vocals. And I love that stuff too, but this album sounds so fresh now with this approach. It's definitely new because I'm so used to associating the music with the horrible events that followed. But now I can take it in for what it was: a simple heart play on the joys and trials of a man approaching middle age with humor and wisdom.

"Watching the Wheels" is stunning in this form. And "Beautiful Boy" almost broke my heart. I've always loved this album but now I think I'm loving the "new" versions of these songs to a different extent. I could just be in a very John mood these days but still...I'm falling in love all over again with Double Fantasy and highly recommend the new album.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I did buy the Double Fantasy stripped down version.I will be getting the Signature Box as soon as I am able to.I loved it.Its cool and interesting listening to John talk in the background while recording it on the first disk.I also recommend this.

Now for a little more news before Johns 70th birthday tomorrow October 9th.
John Lennon is the first animated Google video doodle
You Tube has created a global Yoodle of the YouTube logo, to be launched in 25 countries at 9pm PT on Friday, October 8th and to remain live for 24 hours. The Yoodle will be synced to cover Lennon’s October 9th birthday in all regions. Google has created its first-ever video doodle, which presents sketched animation featuring John Lennon’s self-portrait set to an audio clip of Lennon’s iconic song, “Imagine.” It was created by Google doodler, Mike Dutton, with Yoko Ono’s approval. The Google doodle will be live on Google homepages all over the world starting noon on Friday, October 8th and all day Saturday, October 9th until midnight.

The Google doodle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYHCe...layer_embedded

Yoko Ono - John Lennon 70th birthday message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lduaM...layer_embedded

Happy Birthday John! video tributes from Yoko, Ringo, EMI/Capitol etc. Upload yours to YouTube

http://networkedblogs.com/8RI2i

Yoko Ono Imagines John Lennon at 70‬

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI6lGrJzoAo&feature=fvwk

Last edited by msLinds; 10-08-2010 at 12:54 PM..
Old 10-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks mslinds for putting this together for us.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wish I had spare 3500 for this...
https://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com...ph&itemID=7093
Old 10-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool I saw it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
Ooh, I didn't know about the John Lennon Signature Box! I guess I'm rather glad now that I haven't worked at buying his albums (I only own Double Fantasy and the compilation Lennon Legend). After buying me The Beatles Stereo Box Set for my birthday, I'm sure Dad'll be happy to buy this for me too!
Thanks for all the information about the Lennon commemorations msLinds!
on Tuesday and thought it looked like a nice set, but I have so many John Lennon cd's I decided to pass on it....for now.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Liverpool, John Lennon Peace Monument Unveiling video.With Julian Lennon and his Mom.
Happy Birthday today John and Sean. Your welcome BTFLCHL and everyone.I am very glad to have been of help.

From the Liverpool Echo News online

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/multi...0252-27439266/

Last edited by msLinds; 10-09-2010 at 04:21 PM..
Old 10-09-2010, 04:19 PM
msLinds
This message has been deleted by msLinds.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I want to explain I deleted that post before this one.Because those photographs were actually of the first lighting of the Peace Tower,In Iceland, a couple years ago.Now a link with some photographs of the Imagine Mosaic Memorial, Strawberry Fields,Central Park, New York City. October 9th 2010.Here are some photographs of the celebration for John Lennons, 70th birthday there.This thread is winding down now.With the news and information I am posting about John Lennons 70th birthday.But I wanted to make sure the Fleetwood Mac fans. that are fans of Johns and the Beatles here.Get their information about it to with everyone else.Everyone have a good week and take care.

Imagine Mosaic Memorial, Strawberry Fields Central Park, New York City. October 9th 2010.Here are some photographs of the celebration for John Lennons, 70th birthday there.The Mosaic decorated for Johns birthday looked beautiful.With people sending out much love and peace for him.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article..._Park_20101009

Some Photographs of Sean Lennon blowing out the candles of his birthday Cake.For his 35th birthday.In Reykjavik,Iceland.October 9th 2010.Also some of the Plastic Ono band Concert there in Iceland.With Yoko, Sean and Ringo Starr, etc.

http://tunes.broadwayworld.com/artic...javik_20000101

http://www.icelandreview.com/iceland..._0_a_id=368731

Last edited by msLinds; 10-10-2010 at 02:38 PM..
Old 10-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This " You Tube " video is of the concert in Iceland on the night of October 9th 2010 with Yoko and Sean, Ringo and the Plastic Ono Band.Singing together the song " Give Peace A Chance".At end its shows Sean blowing out his birthday candles on his birthday cake.Whose 35th birthday was also on his Dad's birthday to.

‪Give Peace a Chance Reykjavik‬,Iceland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5nVvaJLm8g
Old 10-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Celebrating John Lennon's 70th Birthday : East Village Radio

This is for anyone interested here.

Celebrating John Lennon's 70th Birthday : East Village Radio, Posted online in their archives.
October 9, 2010 marks what would have been the 70th birthday of legend, lover, artist and activist, John Lennon. In celebration of the musician's illustrious life and career, East Village Radio is hosting an all day special tribute starting at 12pm ET this Saturday. Over the course of 8 hours, you can listen live to exclusive interviews with Lennon, tribute programs highlighting The Beatles' era songs, covers, classics and more.

The Beatles' era songs, covers, classics and more.
Simon Harper, of Clash Magazine, remembers John Lennon during The Beatles' years. Harper also provided his personal connection amd memories surrounding Lennon and his music.
Andy Rourke, of EVR's Jet Lag, hosts 2 hours of John Lennon tunes, including rare and exclusive interviews, courtesy of Wolfgang's Vault.
Atlantic Tunnel host Ed has lots of vinyl,*Rubber Soul and The White Album outtakes, acoustic and demo versions of Lennon songs, dotted with personal stories and memoirs. This is the true "odds n sods" of Lennon's career.
All Over The Shop will feature only covers of Lennon's solo work. Stu and Ben will also welcome a live, in-studio performance by Icelandic songstress, Ólöf Arnalds, who will stop by to cover a couple of her favorite Lennon songs. Arnalds recently celebrated The Beatles at Time Out New York, selecting Abbey Road as her favorite of their albums.

http://www.eastvillageradio.com/news....aspx?id=17572

Also this is for anyone who wants to try to win some free prizes online
John Lennon birthday Competition

http://www.johnlennon70thbirthdaycompetition.com/

http://www.johnlennon70thbirthdaycom....com/prize.php

Some more information about the 30th Annual John Lennon Tribute
Beacon Theater, New York City, Friday November 12th 8 pm

http://lennontribute.org/

Last edited by msLinds; 10-18-2010 at 11:34 PM..
Old 10-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

msLinds, I think all of us who are John fans should keep posting any new events on this thread. I appreciate it. I wasn't able to travel out to any of the John-themed affairs but I did go to the Rock Hall and there were so many people just sitting out on the lawn listening to John's songs and wearing JL shirts. Some people were strumming guitars, others were having sing-alongs. And so many were really young. I think his music, and the Beatles music, has that power to resonate (still) with young people.

I think I may venture out to NYC in December. I have to figure it all out but I really feel like doing it. I love the vibe of New York in the winter anyway.
Closed Thread