The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking I found a copy of Buckingham Nicks today!

This may not be exciting for all of you, but I wanted to share.

I went to this cute little record store in Calgary called Hot Wax to look for an additional copy of TITN. I want to put it in one of those vinyl-size picture frames and give it to a teacher at the end of the year. Anyways, they didn't have TITN, but I did find something else I wanted (The Doctor Zhivago soundtrack with liner notes for anyone that's interested). So I head to the till. I look down at a pile of records, and I see something, upsidedown, that looks familiar. It hits me that this is F*CKING BUCKINGHAM NICKS! The vinyl I have been looking for since my obsession for this wonderful band, Fleetwood Mac, began about 3 years ago (I do have a burnt CD copy thanks to BuckinghamNick.net). I can hardly speak. "D-did you j-just get that in??" I ask. "No," the grey haired man replies, "but it's going out." "Oh..." I said, thinking he meant that it had been sold. My unofficial foster mom (thank god) asks "Do you mean it's for sale?" "Yeah," the unmoved man at the till replies. "C-can I buy it?" I ask. "Yeah," the unmoved man at the till replies. I snatch it up and quickly run to the store turn table to make sure it doesn't have skips. I doesn't! I but it.

So I am now the proud owner of Buckingham Nicks. It appears to be the re-release from 1975. One thing I noticed tonight while I was playing it (no skips yay!) was that "Stevie" is spelt "Stevi". Is this a type-o, or was she spelling her name in this way at the time? Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks for listening. This has made my day.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool! I long for the day when I find the BuckinghamNicks LP. Sigh. I think that mispelling of Stevie's name was just that: a mispelling. It was like that ( as far as I know) on the original release. Is it a gatefold?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Congrats...

on your find. I get nervous when I discover a rare find when I am shopping for music, So I know how you're feeling.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird
Is it a gatefold?
Yup
Old 03-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird
Cool! I long for the day when I find the BuckinghamNicks LP. Sigh. I think that mispelling of Stevie's name was just that: a mispelling. It was like that ( as far as I know) on the original release. Is it a gatefold?
what is a gatefold? *is ignorant*
Old 03-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721
what is a gatefold? *is ignorant*
I just kind of assumed that it meant that it opened up. I guess that's the best way to describe it. Like it's not just a front and a back, there's an inside. I think I'm right, but it was an educated guess.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was this ever re-released but without the gatefold?
I bought mine brand new back in the day when it was considered a "mid-line"... not new but not yet a cut-out.
Proud to say mine is framed as I got Stevie and Lindsey to both sign it on The Dance tour.
One of my crown jewels.

Big congrats on your find! .... I know that feeling.

"Lucky in love... Unlucky in opening cereal boxes... -- Lisa Douglas, re: Olivah
Old 03-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone *finally* had it up on the Dutch ebay site a couple of weeks ago, so I *finally* managed to get a copy also. I paid 25 bucks, and it's an original 1973 print. It's on display in my living room for the time being.

I have never seen it in a store before, but then again, aside from Rumours and maybe TITN, you won't find much of that here anyways.

So, congrats! I know how I'd feel if I ran into it somewhere. Even though I already have it, I might still buy it just out of shock.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

good for you! you know, I wonder just how many copies are out there...once all the collectors have grabbed them up, how much rarer they will be. I'm glad to have my copy, that's for sure.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

actually have three copies. The first one I found was at Legend records here in Ottawa. I asked the guy if he had a copy and he said that he had one at home and would sell it for about 25.00 bucks. I bought it. Then at Spinables (Now Vertigo Records) in Ottawa my brother found a copy that was coming apart a bit but he bough it for 29.95 Then I found it again at Spinables (Now Vertigo Records) and bought realising after that it was other version (Gatefold). I also recently discovered at Legend Records a CD Copy of the album for 27.99 but I didn't buy it because I know it is not the real thing.

Matt
Old 03-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have two copies of Buckingham Nicks---the gatefold and the non-gatefold. The non-gatefold I got Lindsey to sign at one of the shows. I have it framed. If I could only get Stevie to sign it, it would make my album perfect. **sigh**

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 03-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
I have two copies of Buckingham Nicks---the gatefold and the non-gatefold. The non-gatefold I got Lindsey to sign at one of the shows. I have it framed. If I could only get Stevie to sign it, it would make my album perfect. **sigh**
and very collectable. you lucky dog.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
Stevie signed my non-gatefold. Im about to get it framed. If only I could get Lindsey to sign it
Old 03-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyluva
Stevie signed my non-gatefold. Im about to get it framed. If only I could get Lindsey to sign it

Too bad we can't combine our albums. We should trade albums for the next show---I'll get Lindsey's signature for you, and you can get Stevie's signature for me.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 03-21-2006, 11:19 PM
Ledgie

Default re: BN gatefold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala
Yup
Argh! I have yet to find a gatefold copy here in NZ, I have three pressings though, a NZ one, a US one and an Australasian edition without the provocative cover image...

--H