The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will Stevie ever record a new Solo Album after 24K?
Yes 53 92.98%
No 4 7.02%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2014, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
*nod* Plus, she already has a ton of vault songs to still get out. I think if anything she might wrong 2 or 3 new songs for Mac albums, but her solo albums could focus on vault songs now.

I do see a 24k volume 2. I think this makes for a good follow up. This one can feature her "Rhiannon songs"
Old 10-16-2014, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted yes but I believe it is contingent on Dave Stewart staying in the picture.Love him or hate him for those of us who wanted new music from Stevie he is the catalyst that brought it about.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just wondering what bearing FM will have on "Solo Stevie"...Will Mick and now Lindsey issuing comments about Stevie's involvement (or not ) with FM recording as a way to put pressure on her work? Or will it backfire and cause Stevie to bail on the Mac and go on solo a recording spree?

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 10-16-2014 at 09:37 PM..
Old 10-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I definitely think she intends to. We'll see how that plays out, though.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I've heard others say the same, but I'm not hearing it. She sounds brazenly clear to me, to the point where every vocal flaw is amplified. Live, real, here, now.
see my comments in the R2D2 thread in this forum….
Old 10-17-2014, 06:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

she can finish FM tour Go record songs for Mac. Record 24 KG2. Go on tour and promote both. Then release 2.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she will do another album and most likely will stay with the collaboration with Dave Stewart and Waddy will continue to have a greater presence. It would be hard to top 24K but as we know, there are enough songs that we've heard at least, that are as good or better than some on this stellar collection. Songwriting wise, in her most creative era she had both quantity and quality on her side, nowadays it would be wise to focus on quality if she's going to write new material intended for release.

I do worry though about the toll this constant touring will have on her voice as it has shown in the past to be not so kind to her vocals. Although maybe not for this forum, I am really disappointed the Mac chose to tour instead of focusing on the new album first and it's created a lot of awkwardness around 24K and I think will have a negative impact on how that album reaches the mainstream.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, it depends on whether "new" means new songs or more demos. I think she will release more demos.

Michele
I consider her demos as potential new songs, since they are works/work-in-progress, never officially finished or released. She won't be releasing demos; she will be releasing new songs re-fashioned from old demos that were never intended to be heard.

I think of 4 Karat Gold as new songs mined from old demos. Fully fleshed out in the studio with new arrangements, they are new songs, especially from the general public perspective, who had no prior knowledge of them.

Since she has so many other demos with strong potential, I hope she releases Songs from the Vault: Volume 2.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-17-2014 at 03:11 PM..
Old 10-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course yes - not even a question!
Old 10-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I voted yes but I believe it is contingent on Dave Stewart staying in the picture.Love him or hate him for those of us who wanted new music from Stevie he is the catalyst that brought it about.
You are right on with that. Dave should be given recognition for lighting a fire under her, inspiring her, and showing her a new way to work. Without him we would not have two new albums in less than 10 year apart. Unprecedented!
Old 10-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I say yes but not for several years ... and if there is a recording company contract.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think she will. She hasn't been shown a bunch of support f0r this album. She delivered a great product but has basically been put out to pasture. She only has 10 reviews on Metacritic which absolutely horrible. The album isn't even being reviewed. I think when an artist puts out an album of high quality, they expect it to do something. Not the record company's fault. She is just not getting much support from the industry or so called fans. By the time fans get done with the album, it will be rated lower than Street Angel on Amazon.

Plus, there will be a Fleetwood Mac album, which means a tour. The album won't go gold. That will be it right there. Stevie already said she is feeling old. Dave is not at her beckon call. I think she enjoys working with him but they are both just getting old. She is not going to quit her career on a low note.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I consider her demos as potential new songs, since they are works/work-in-progress, never officially finished or released. She won't be releasing demos; she will be releasing new songs re-fashioned from old demos that were never intended to be heard.

I think of 4 Karat Gold as new songs mined from old demos. Fully fleshed out in the studio with new arrangements, they are new songs, especially from the general public perspective, who had no prior knowledge of them.
Yes, exactly. No one was saying about TISL when it was released "Oh look, she's only giving us 10 'new' songs and 3 rehashed demos." All tracks were considered new songs even though they were written long ago. To think of 24 Karat Gold as rehashed demos is unfair. It is a new album, of new songs, written in the past, just like much of Bella Donna was written before Tusk, and a majority of In Your Dreams' lyrics were written in Stevie's journals long before Dave ever showed up at her door.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 10-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
For purposes of this poll, I think it would be interesting to make a distinction between an album of new songs and an album of demos or, the third option, no more albums at all, to see which people think will be most likely.

Michele
Old 10-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Yes, exactly. No one was saying about TISL when it was released "Oh look, she's only giving us 10 'new' songs and 3 rehashed demos." All tracks were considered new songs even though they were written long ago.
Which is why the "vault" marketing this time around was not a good idea. If she does release a new set of demos, she should not subtitle them "songs from the vault" when they will be "new" to a majority of listeners.

Michele