Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
And my pens and paper
'cause you can't write without that. And I guess that's about IT!
Oh and Lindsey, if possible."
Brilliant. Lindsey probably started the fire while laying on the floor smoking pot.

Michele
Old 08-14-2009, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"OH well let's see now . . . my dogs first of COURSE . . . The blue lamp. My copy of our Buckingham/Nicks album. A nice purple blanket Prince once gave to me. My car keys 'cause you REALLY need to be able to drive 'ya know. And of course the phone because the neighbors are gonna be pissed if you don't call the FIRE Department - They might not realize that we're young! And of course all of
my sheet music and poetry. And my piano. Of course, I'd need a forklift for that.
I CAN'T CARRY that!!! And all of my books. And my tv. And my pens and paper
ahahahaha...that really made me LOL

Okay, so this isn't really a quote quote...like the others posted...but it isn't really worthy of its own thread and seeing as its 2 am right now and I'm feeling somewhat easily amused, I thought I would put it here...anyway, Stevie did say it and it does put a smile on my face every single time I hear it:

in the CV commentary when Stevie is talking about Every Day she says at one point "men in trees, men in trees!" Now, for a while I couldn't figure out why this struck me as funny...there was just something so familiar about it. I had decided it must just be the funny way in which she says it and so on. Then it hit me...Men In Trees was the name of that show Anne Heche did. I'm sure it was just a coincidence and is totally meaningless but every time I hear Stevie say that part, the way she says it makes it sound like a little dig at one of Lindsey's former lovers

Last edited by GypsyBlueEyes; 08-14-2009 at 02:22 AM..
Old 08-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post

in the CV commentary when Stevie is talking about Every Day she says at one point "men in trees, men in trees!"
And referencing that video, you remind me of one of my favorite quotes, although I don't have it transcribed. But I like how she says that even the black swans who mate for life fight non-stop and want to kill each other.

Michele
Old 08-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And referencing that video, you remind me of one of my favorite quotes, although I don't have it transcribed. But I like how she says that even the black swans who mate for life fight non-stop and want to kill each other.

Michele
LOL! That's one of my favorites too. Then she says, "but at least they're still married!" And she laughs that wonderful, contagious, throaty laugh of hers.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"OH well let's see now . . . my dogs first of COURSE . . . The blue lamp. My copy of our Buckingham/Nicks album. A nice purple blanket Prince once gave to me. My car keys 'cause you REALLY need to be able to drive 'ya know. And of course the phone because the neighbors are gonna be pissed if you don't call the FIRE Department - They might not realize that we're young! And of course all of
my sheet music and poetry. And my piano. Of course, I'd need a forklift for that.
I CAN'T CARRY that!!! And all of my books. And my tv. And my pens and paper
Where is this from? Interview, year? Love it! So funny!
Old 08-15-2009, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Where is this from? Interview, year? Love it! So funny!
Imagination. I was thinking that the Prince stuff almost messed things up, because she didn't meet him until later, but it's hilarious either way.

Michele
Old 08-15-2009, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's what Stevie said in 1989. I understood why she took the dogs, her tapes and her writings, but I'm not sure about the blanket. Still, if there's really a fire and you're stranded outside, you're going to need something to keep you warm. BTW, if the house really had been on fire, she'd have been dead a long time ago, while she ran around the bathroom 15 times trying to decide. The smoke would have gotten her, long before the flames made their way upstairs.

She was talking about Fire Burning:

"The original inspiration for this was when I lived in a house on Doheny and my garage caught fire because somebody else's house caught fire down the street and a cinder hit my garage. And I woke up because I heard all this noise. And I looked out my front window and there's, like, 50 firemen running up my driveway and I thought, well, 'what is this for?'

And I ran around to all the windows and finally I got to the back of the house. And I looked out and the entire garage was, like, 50 feet of burning flames. And I ran around to the bathroom about fifteen different times, saying 'what can I take? What should I take?'

So what I took was the dog, the blanket, all my writings and tapes, my jewelry. And I thought, you know, the stairs may be on fire. But she'll get down, she said. I'll get out, I'm not burning up in this house. So that's where the whole beginning and idea of this song came from, was 'what can I take and still survive the fire' or how much time can I spend to decide and not be burned up on the second story?

It's frightening, to see flames that high and know that at any point those flames could hit your house and I didn't know whether the bottom story was on fire already or not. But it was very hard for me because I thought, 'what do I take out of this room?' I did! I ran around in circles three times, four times, five times, and I said, 'I'll take the dog, cashmere blanket, all my tapes, and my writing.' Everything else can be, doesn't matter, material things, at this point, don't matter."
Old 08-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Here's what Stevie said in 1989. I understood why she took the dogs, her tapes and her writings, but I'm not sure about the blanket. Still, if there's really a fire and you're stranded outside, you're going to need something to keep you warm. BTW, if the house really had been on fire, she'd have been dead a long time ago, while she ran around the bathroom 15 times trying to decide. The smoke would have gotten her, long before the flames made their way upstairs.
LOL!! That's so funny. I've heard about this quote but never read it before. Thanks, Michele!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Ledgie

One of my favorites is during the Austin, TX show during Wild Heart tour someone throws her a Snoopy stuffed animal during Dreams and she's like thank you for Snoopy I'll put him right here in an honored spot - he's being a rock star. She mentions him several times during the show - so wish there was video.

I always laugh when she says she never talks during her shows - let's send her some bootlegs of the 80's and show her how much she rambled.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Favourite Quote:

Well I believe that love is a living thing,
Born into our destinies,
From a single moment of, Inspiration,
And as it grows it changes our lives forever....

LOVE IT!!! and i write it just about everywhere i go,
I even used it in a recent exam reinforcing the concept of belonging...

I need to get a life...

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~
Old 10-13-2014, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
"Because they were made for my foot...they were made for ME. And that's what I love, I love people who are themselves and go right on being themselves, because you know what? In the long run, you're gonna be....with yourself."
this has been one of my fave quotes for yeeeeeeeeeeears.
does anyone know what interview it's from?

cheers
Old 10-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlourimore View Post
One of my favorites is during the Austin, TX show during Wild Heart tour someone throws her a Snoopy stuffed animal during Dreams and she's like thank you for Snoopy I'll put him right here in an honored spot - he's being a rock star. She mentions him several times during the show - so wish there was video.

I always laugh when she says she never talks during her shows - let's send her some bootlegs of the 80's and show her how much she rambled.
Haha Gemini Snoopy. I think that's also the show when she says before Sara "Do you really know who this is really about.. Cause I do!"
Old 10-13-2014, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From the US Festival...

"Only ME would remember to bring the brush out of the tent!"

Really, Stevie?