The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

I miss them too. I keep just getting this feeling of MISSING. *sigh* I wish I could see them every week.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace_face View Post
I miss them too. I keep just getting this feeling of MISSING. *sigh* I wish I could see them every week.
Yeah. Since the show I saw on 15 Dec I haven't really stopped thinking about them. Borderline insanity, really! If not insanity, then definitely obsessiveness!
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 12-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from an article remembering Australia's 2009 concerts:

Brisbane Times, 12-29-09

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/ente...1230-lj71.html

There were artists who offered disappointingly ordinary gigs despite having more hits than a Tiger Woods scandal website: Air Supply were simultaneously needy and smug; Fleetwood Mac had longevity but lacked drive; and Beyonce used a sledgehammer when only a tap was necessary.

Plenty of others lacked the hits but had the heart: Justin Townes Earle, Lucinda Williams, My Morning Jacket, Ry Cooder/Nick Lowe, Kitty, Daisy and Lewis, and Jarvis Cocker.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

It's now like, 3 weeks or something since the concert...and it feels SO long ago...like a lifetime ago. *sigh*
Old 01-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah I too cant believe it was only 3 weeks ago when they played in Brisbane, it does feel like forever, I watch their unleashed concert in NY at least 2 times a week so I don't forget, Grace, If only I knew how to burn the dvd I would, & then send you a copy PM me If your interested ok..

Last edited by Aussie W/Heart; 01-02-2010 at 09:29 AM..
Old 01-03-2010, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

:::sigh:::

I feel like I can hardly remember any of it. And then I consider that that's probably because I spent more minutes debating whether or not I should touch Lindsey's shoe than actually watching what was going on... It was a nice dilemma to have at the time.

I keep hoping some more videos will miraculously pop up on YouTube, but no. I'm thinking that someone's trying to teach me a lesson -- "next time take your own damn videos."

Photos are helping, and I'm hoping to use some of the best ones and arrange them nicely in a frame with my ticket (sad, but true). You might've already found them, but the first 13 or so pages of photos on the FM Facebook page are from the two Brisbane shows (mostly the 16th, and taken by the same photographer who took the few photos I posted earlier in the thread). http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=fl...?v=photos&so=0

They offer some relief, but it will never really be enough. That's what I'll be telling my therapist anyway.

On a different note, I don't think we heard any more from Jayne (Janis_no1) about her Hunter Valley and Brisbane experiences...
Old 01-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default My Brissie Review

Hey Guys - I just copy and pasted my review from nicksfix so you get an idea - my night was awesome

Something magical happened to me last night, I was chosen as Lindseys favourite for the night!

I jumped out of my seat as soon as lights went down, determined to get prime position and see that beautiful turner model one close up.

within one song he had noticed me watching him play and in a non vocal part he mouthed to me "do you play?" I said a little. lots of times throughout the show he made eye contact with me and my excitement levels made me feel like a twelve year old schoolgirl with a crush!

lindsey did the standard thing of letting the crowd touch him and the guitar, unfortunately on either side of me as I was behind the speaker block and each time I tried to get across to touch the guitar, I was too short During a solo toward the end he bent down again and moved the guitar across towards me so I could reach it, I touched the neck in awe of that beautiful piece of equipment, thinking to myself in a week or so I will have one too!

Stevie looked fabulous dressed up the top hat towards the end and John and Mick held the rhythm as always. Hearing Gold Dust woman live always gives me goosebumps and this rendition was certainly no exception.

After the last song, Lindsey pulled the picks off the mic stand, he leaned over and put the first pick (the only one he actually used in the show for one song) right into my hand and smiled at me.

the highlight of my night however was after this point when the stage lights went up, I was lining up the camera to get a photo of Lindsey, which he saw and came down close to the camera and posed for a shot for me.

The traffic Jam at the end of the night thanks to roadworks was a little frustrating, until we realised we were in a traffic jam next to one of the band limos

My man of the night once again was Lindsey Buckingham. He really knows how to make a girl feel special and over the years he just keeps getting better and better. I believe he is a very underrated player and is an incredibly inspirational man, after that night I just wanted to go home and pick up my guitar.

Thanks again to the whole band and all the long term backing guys and girls who made the long trek out to Australia, both nights were fabulous performances. Hope to see you all back here soon.

THEY ARENT AS GOOD AS GERRY'S PICS BUT THE REST ARE HERE
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=91f1e7cacf
Old 01-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwk05 View Post
Hey Guys - I just copy and pasted my review from nicksfix so you get an idea - my night was awesome

Hey your review was enjoyable. I'm so glad you had the "Lindsey" experience. I did too when I saw them last year. As for your photos, I'd love to see them but am not on Facebook. This is what I got:

Facebook Login

You must log in to see this page.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
within one song he had noticed me watching him play and in a non vocal part he mouthed to me "do you play?" I said a little. lots of times throughout the show he made eye contact with me and my excitement levels made me feel like a twelve year old schoolgirl with a crush!

lindsey did the standard thing of letting the crowd touch him and the guitar, unfortunately on either side of me as I was behind the speaker block and each time I tried to get across to touch the guitar, I was too short During a solo toward the end he bent down again and moved the guitar across towards me so I could reach it, I touched the neck in awe of that beautiful piece of equipment, thinking to myself in a week or so I will have one too!

Stevie looked fabulous dressed up the top hat towards the end and John and Mick held the rhythm as always. Hearing Gold Dust woman live always gives me goosebumps and this rendition was certainly no exception.

After the last song, Lindsey pulled the picks off the mic stand, he leaned over and put the first pick (the only one he actually used in the show for one song) right into my hand and smiled at me.

the highlight of my night however was after this point when the stage lights went up, I was lining up the camera to get a photo of Lindsey, which he saw and came down close to the camera and posed for a shot for me.
Wow, that sounds like an incredible experience. I think it's great during the solo shows the way Lindsey listens to the audience and seems to respond to the things they yell en masse, but with FM when he's not singing he has so much more time on his hands to share these amazing one-on-one moments with audience members. So much fun, both ways. Michele
Old 01-17-2010, 01:29 AM
Senior Ledgie

vivfox - facebook told me that you could view the album even if not on facebook - try the last link only and see how you go??

michele - yes lindsey is such a showman, stevie just didnt seem into the crowd at all!
Old 01-17-2010, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
vivfox - facebook told me that you could view the album even if not on facebook - try the last link only and see how you go??
Ooh you're right. I liked your photos. They're a bit different and that is cool.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image002.jpg (89.7 KB, 8 views)