Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Unbelievable- there still must be a few dimes to be made from Rumours

This website is suggesting Fleetwood Mac will reissue yet another version of the Rumours Deluxe. Really? what possible rationale can there be? Unbelievable. Yawn.

Best Classic Bands
Fleetwood Mac ‘Rumours’ Getting New Deluxe Edition
by Best Classic Bands Staff

https://bestclassicbands.com/fleetwo...-2019-8-30-19/

Fleetwood Mac are releasing a deluxe edition of their 1977 juggernaut, Rumours, to coincide with the band’s ongoing tour. The 4-CD set, coming October 25 via Rhino, replicates the 2013 deluxe edition that included numerous previously unreleased takes from the album’s recording sessions and live performances from the subsequent world tour.

In recent years, the band have been methodically issuing deluxe editions of much of their 1970s and 1980s output. The new Rumours release raises eyebrows since the 2013 deluxe edition of the album is still in print. (The new edition omits the latter’s DVD and vinyl release of the studio LP.)

The 2019 deluxe edition of Rumours includes the original album and the b-side “Silver Springs,” a dozen live recordings from the group’s 1977 world tour, an entire disc filled with takes from the album’s recording sessions, and an additional disc of outtakes.

The album, Fleetwood Mac’s 11th studio effort, was originally released on February 4, 1977. With the band having switched from their longtime home of Reprise Records to the parent company Warner Bros., Rumours, co-produced by Fleetwood Mac with Ken Caillat and Richard Dashut, found immediate success. Record buyers related to the intimate songs, several of which were inspired by romantic entanglements and disentanglements (John McVie and Christine McVie had divorced while Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks were having their own spats).

The album yielded four Top 10 singles in the U.S., though none fared particularly well in the U.K.: “Go Your Own Way” (#10 in the U.S.; #38 in the U.K.), “Dreams” (#1, #24), “Don’t Stop” (#3, #32) and “You Make Loving Fun” (#9, #45).

The new deluxe edition includes a disc of live recordings that’s identical to the 2013 release, namely 12 performances in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Nashville and Columbia, S.C. from the band’s 1977 Rumours tour. The songs include “The Chain,” “Gold Dust Woman,” “Don’t Stop” and “Go Your Own Way,” as well as “World Turning” and “Rhiannon,” two tracks from the group’s 1975 self-titled release.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-31-2019, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the idea of Rumours selling more. I won't gain from this. I'd rather have other stuff. But to each his own.
Old 08-31-2019, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
I love the idea of Rumours selling more. I won't gain from this. I'd rather have other stuff. But to each his own.
The remasters in 2003 were my last purchase of Rumours. #last
Old 08-31-2019, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was really surprised by this release...until I realized that this is just the same 4CD set released in 2013, now available without the DVD and LP.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
I was really surprised by this release...until I realized that this is just the same 4CD set released in 2013, now available without the DVD and LP.
What was on the DVD, and is it anything otherwise unavailable?
Old 08-31-2019, 04:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
What was on the DVD, and is it anything otherwise unavailable?
The Rosebud documentary film made to promote Rumours, the one containing those performances of I'm So Afraid, Rhiannon, Go Your Own Way, part of World Turning, Say You Love Me, and You Make Loving Fun. All of that footage is on YouTube in decent quality.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 09-01-2019, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothegypsy View Post
this is just the same 4CD set released in 2013
So this could confirm there is no unknown material worthwhile anymore, from the Rumours sessions. No surprise they are reissuing this collection since, in spite of Lindsey not in the band, there still is a band called Fleetwood Mac on tour. Why they chose Rumours? Well since apparently as of 2013, sales were over 40 million copies, it is obvious. Bussines are bussiness.

Last edited by Villavic; 09-01-2019 at 11:41 AM..
Old 09-02-2019, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good GRIEF. Will they ever stop embarrassing themselves?! Gross.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
Good GRIEF. Will they ever stop embarrassing themselves?! Gross.
Do they not know(or CARE?) how it makes them look?

Cheesy, CHEAP, money grubbing, with no class.

I guess they need the money.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick is shameless.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Do they not know(or CARE?) how it makes them look?

Cheesy, CHEAP, money grubbing, with no class.

I guess they need the money.
We always knew that it was Lindsey who served as the moral compass where this kind of embarrassing money-grubbing was concerned. No doubt, he was over-ruled at times, but now that he's gone, I'm expecting to see the release of a "Rumours" perfume or ball chafing cream. Little did Lindsey know when he spoke of them, "dishonoring the band's legacy" how low they would sink. Sad and maddening.

Last edited by Steviegirl; 09-02-2019 at 12:53 PM..
Old 09-02-2019, 03:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

At this point it would not surprise me in the least if the current line up released a new version Rumours-cut out all of Lindsey's parts--and had Neil and Mike rerecord them . That's how truly shameless I think they have become
Old 09-02-2019, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To put out the same "special edition" with exactly the same content on it smacks of unbelievable laziness. I know plenty of people like this at work and I despise them. They provide the barest minimum to collect their paycheck, and they don't give a damn that their irresponsibility often burdens their colleagues with more work (because their colleagues care about their own work).

I know what's left of Fleetwood Mac doesn't give a damn about anything. But there ought to be someone left at Rhino who cares about these products. I guess not. Rhino is a painful disappointment these days. They used to be such great content curators. They should be ashamed of themselves. They don't deserve to use their old name anymore.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-02-2019, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
We always knew that it was Lindsey who served as the moral compass where this kind of embarrassing money-grubbing was concerned. No doubt, he was over-ruled at times, but now that he's gone, I'm expecting to see the release of a "Rumours" perfume or ball chafing cream. Little did Lindsey know when he spoke of them, "dishonoring the band's legacy" how low they would sink. Sad and maddening.
RUMOURS perfume! Haha. That’s awesome: “the smell of cocaine, Chinese take-out, and desperation.”
Old 09-02-2019, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
RUMOURS perfume! Haha. That’s awesome: “the smell of cocaine, Chinese take-out, and desperation.”
And don't forget smelly platform boots and moldy wooden balls.