Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here she is. She sounds great.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My only gripe is that they didn't get the full song...

My dream: "Rumours" band with Rick Vito. No backing singers, no extra musicians. WGAF if it doesn't sound "just like the record". It's a concert. That's kind of the point.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ships. I just choked when I heard her sing.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
My only gripe is that they didn't get the full song...

My dream: "Rumours" band with Rick Vito. No backing singers, no extra musicians. WGAF if it doesn't sound "just like the record". It's a concert. That's kind of the point.
What's the point of Two leadguitarists where you need rythmguitar backup? No, Christine (or brett) and Neale should be more than Enough.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Registered

she sounds great, but delicate. i wonder if her voice would be able to withstand fm's tour schedule.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Still sounds just like buttah. Okay... I am officially crazy for saying this, but I think it's telling that they dropped the key for this. Steven Tyler is perfectly capable of singing it in the original key. Christine probably is too. Stevie and Lindsey? Not so much. So perhaps Christine has been practicing playing the song in a lower key intentionally with the thought that she would eventually be playing it with Stevie and Lindsey? Although she could probably play the original DS in her sleep, playing it on the piano in a different key is tricky; it definitely took some practice.

This is just so surreal- seeing/hearing Christine in 2013. After refusing to join FM onstage for the last two tours, I assumed something must have been amiss with Christine- maybe she was ill/frail or couldn't sing live anymore or can't walk/stand, etc. Or perhaps she had become paranoid about her appearance. But now this- Christine is doing her thing and looking/sounding like the past 15 years didn't even happen. If I were a betting person, I would wager the house that she's going to pop up at one or more of the UK shows.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflies View Post
she sounds great, but delicate. i wonder if her voice would be able to withstand fm's tour schedule.
It doesn't need to withstand FM's tour schedule! She ain't touring!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I disagree. When I heard I was shocked at how little her voice, live, had changed since the Grammys or the Brit Awards. In fact, dare I say it, from that small clip, Christine's voice sounds like it has changed far less than Stevie's which, since 98, has become far more nasal (especially on the SYW tour) and Lindsey's which has lost some more of its range.

However, as Chris is so out of practice, I'm sure she wouldn't be able to do a full tour without straining her vocal chords.

Last edited by Ulpian; 02-14-2013 at 05:30 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
What's the point of Two leadguitarists where you need rythmguitar backup? No, Christine (or brett) and Neale should be more than Enough.
I hate to tell you, but Neale isn't just a rhythm guitarist.

With Rick, they could throw a few Peter Green era songs in the set (making the set longer, NOT taking anything out).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I hate to tell you, but Neale isn't just a rhythm guitarist.

With Rick, they could throw a few Peter Green era songs in the set (making the set longer, NOT taking anything out).
I know, but he plays a lot of rythm in LB soloshows. You don't have to hate telling me anything dude.
You're right about greeny songs, but i'd love it if lindsey took a shot at Two or three of them.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Still sounds just like buttah. Okay... I am officially crazy for saying this, but I think it's telling that they dropped the key for this. Steven Tyler is perfectly capable of singing it in the original key. Christine probably is too. Stevie and Lindsey? Not so much. So perhaps Christine has been practicing playing the song in a lower key intentionally with the thought that she would eventually be playing it with Stevie and Lindsey?
Be still my heart. It's all I think about. Michele
Old 02-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But there used to be YEARS in between tours, so what's the difference?

And yes, they dropped the song a whole step, from E to D.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
If I were a betting person, I would wager the house that she's going to pop up at one or more of the UK shows.
Agreed. This whole series of events just gives me some faith that Christine will become more involved with the Mac again in some form. What I'm truly hoping for is one last studio album from the Rumours 5. Who knows, maybe this Maui show combined with a couple of UK Mac appearances could goad her into it.

I have to wonder though, if this Maui show is Chris dipping her toes back into live performing after being off the stage for 15 years. Start small, without the pressure of band politics or playing for 20,000 people... but with familiar faces there for comfort. There just has to be something in all of this... her spending 3 weeks with Mick in Hawaii, meeting up with John, now reportedly her flying back to LA to visit with Stevie & Lindsey. Maybe I'm just a romantic, but I have to believe the seeds of something are being planted here.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Agreed. This whole series of events just gives me some faith that Christine will become more involved with the Mac again in some form. What I'm truly hoping for is one last studio album from the Rumours 5. Who knows, maybe this Maui show combined with a couple of UK Mac appearances could goad her into it.

I have to wonder though, if this Maui show is Chris dipping her toes back into live performing after being off the stage for 15 years. Start small, without the pressure of band politics or playing for 20,000 people... but with familiar faces there for comfort. There just has to be something in all of this... her spending 3 weeks with Mick in Hawaii, meeting up with John, now reportedly her flying back to LA to visit with Stevie & Lindsey. Maybe I'm just a romantic, but I have to believe the seeds of something are being planted here.
I'm just melting, with my love for this woman. God I love her!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But it's a long time between February and September. If she is warming herself up for something, I don't think it is those far off UK shows.

I don't think she has any intention of touring, but I think they must have something in mind between now and the fall. Michele