User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

i really hope you are right and this will be some Mick Fleetwood project, not that FM will be slaving away in the studio the whole year waiting for SN to join, kinda like they did according to Destiny Rules doc for SYW.
My bet is it will be a Mick Fleetwood thing. Perhaps another Blues Band album or something (perhaps with Christine on board- that would be great). Otherwise I can imagine him working on yet another retrospective FM album... Fleetwood Mac: The Platinum Collection. Yawn.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Tomorrow she tells something else.
Call me Nostradamus. I knew it before the update!

Old 12-08-2015, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
I don't think it's at all a bad sign that Stevie wants to do a few "solo projects" before an FM album. In fact, I figured that was a given and what she was likely holding out for all along.

She can do a small solo tour in the spring, April-May, while the band tinkers with songs she gives them, then hit the studio with them over the summer, putting the new album at a fall 2016/spring 2017 release.
TOTALLY agree.....I don't think we'll see the FM album until late 2016 or early 2017.....remember, 2017 is the band's 50th anniversary, so it only makes sense that they would release the album and do another tour. That gives Stevie a good portion of 2016 to do her solo thing and get it out of her system! There WILL be another FM album with all 5 members....maybe not as soon as some would like, but it WILL happen!
Old 12-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
I'e always thought the same. They MILK the "drama" to the press, because it has kept them in the press since 1977! None of them are stupid. Keep the tension simmering, and when they "re-unite, re-convene, re-habilitate", the press EATS it up!
I don't think the drama is contrived. They are all disparate personalities with different agendas. Stevie's and Lindsey's contentious relationship has ebbed and waned ever since they joined the band. No doubt they have exploited that aspect of the band. It went into hype-drive with Rumours.

But the tension is real, and exists to this day. It's why they only made five studio albums. Live albums, compilations, solo albums, with band members coming and going and coming back filled the large spaces in between.

The drama is inherent in their DNA, beginning when Peter Green dramatically left the band. With this massive world tour, they are back on the radar on a large scale. There is no need for deliberate tactics to garner the attention of the press.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-08-2015 at 04:29 PM..
Old 12-08-2015, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
TOTALLY agree.....I don't think we'll see the FM album until late 2016 or early 2017.....remember, 2017 is the band's 50th anniversary, so it only makes sense that they would release the album and do another tour. That gives Stevie a good portion of 2016 to do her solo thing and get it out of her system! There WILL be another FM album with all 5 members....maybe not as soon as some would like, but it WILL happen!
well yeah, some of us (and some of the band members!) wanted a FM album in 2010, then 2012, and in 2014/15.... we could have had 2-3 FM albums instead of just a measly one, some with and some without missing or non-cooperative band members, with all the material they recorded so far. but it is what it is.

right now, things are good. at least we know we will get to hear some of the material they recorded 2012-2014. and 2017 sounds the most realistic for the new album to come out right now. which is better than nothing, and better than band members sitting around waiting.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-08-2015, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
For me, seeing an album in 2017 was always going to be a worst case scenario. I mean, its great there's some certainty from the horses mouth, but as has been said, there's been so much waiting, this recent Stevie announcement was a real source of excitement for a while. I feel a bit deflated now. Stevie can shove her solo project up her Vault as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
For me, seeing an album in 2017 was always going to be a worst case scenario. I mean, its great there's some certainty from the horses mouth, but as has been said, there's been so much waiting, this recent Stevie announcement was a real source of excitement for a while. I feel a bit deflated now. Stevie can shove her solo project up her Vault as far as I'm concerned.
I know how you feel. We've waited for this never ending tour to conclude and yet the new album still seems so far off. As a Stevie fan, I'm hoping this solo thing next year is a very quick recording of Vault 2, nobody wants a repackaged version of Vault 1. I also hope she's not touring behind this.
I'd rather she get her ass in the studio with Fleetwood Mac to record that album ASAP.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wouldn't mind a repackaging of Vault 1 as long as some tracks were re-recorded/remixed and of course, Vault 2 was included.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:17 PM
KenB
This message has been deleted by KenB.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie had a lacklustre response for 24KG, even though it hit #7, so surely she realises that whatever she follows it up with won't be greeted with huge success.

A new Mac album, the first since 2003 and the first with all five since 1987 WILL do incredibly well and I just can't bloody wait for that day to come.

Surely if it does come it will be one of the most anticipated albums of all time?
Old 12-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Stevie had a lacklustre response for 24KG, even though it hit #7, so surely she realises that whatever she follows it up with won't be greeted with huge success.

A new Mac album, the first since 2003 and the first with all five since 1987 WILL do incredibly well and I just can't bloody wait for that day to come.

Surely if it does come it will be one of the most anticipated albums of all time?
why? old legendary bands are putting out new albums all the time, and some after a long abstinence from recording together. how anticipated and successful they are in most cases heavily depends on their pr campaign, which in this day and age includes highly and smartly developed social media strategy, peppered with the right tv appearances (like the Today Show where they announced Christine is rejoining), etc. if history can teach us anything, FM has not had a good marketing strategy in a long long time, and i don't really expect the things to change for this album either. but it would be really nice to be proven wrong!

i don't think Mick and Lindsey, at least, expect the new album to be any kind of commercial success.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-08-2015, 06:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
why? old legendary bands are putting out new albums all the time, and some after a long abstinence from recording together.
and no radio station ever plays them
Old 12-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
why? old legendary bands are putting out new albums all the time, and some after a long abstinence from recording together. how anticipated and successful they are in most cases heavily depends on their pr campaign, which in this day and age includes highly and smartly developed social media strategy, peppered with the right tv appearances (like the Today Show where they announced Christine is rejoining), etc. if history can teach us anything, FM has not had a good marketing strategy in a long long time, and i don't really expect the things to change for this album either. but it would be really nice to be proven wrong!

i don't think Mick and Lindsey, at least, expect the new album to be any kind of commercial success.
I remember a new Eagles album being a big deal several years back, went on to be a big seller. As for Fleetwood Mac, I think if the right first single was chosen for AC and or Adult Top 40 stations, it could do well worldwide. Would be a good idea to release around the holidays. Sure, it won't sell Adele type numbers, but better than a Stevie solo album would sell. Out of all these fans around the world who paid to see these 5 in concert, I couldn't see the new album bombing.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
My bet is it will be a Mick Fleetwood thing. Perhaps another Blues Band album or something (perhaps with Christine on board- that would be great). Otherwise I can imagine him working on yet another retrospective FM album... Fleetwood Mac: The Platinum Collection. Yawn.
Rumours 40th anniversary edition.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 12-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wouldn't mind a repackaging of 24K with a new, proper remastering! There are weird things going on with the final mix of that album. She could pair it with a second disc of live recordings from the Fillmore or Wiltern Shows!
Old 12-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I wouldn't mind a repackaging of 24K with a new, proper remastering! There are weird things going on with the final mix of that album. She could pair it with a second disc of live recordings from the Fillmore or Wiltern Shows!
I doubt she's going to sink any more money into that losing venture. However, I could easily see her doing a second Songs From The Vault album, and a small theater tour this summer to promote the songs from both albums. Then returning to FM by Autumn.