Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
^i think jana's a little "special."
But seriously, I think she was pretty nice in her answer. The legal bit was kind of silly, but perhaps she feels compelled to be...firm?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
But seriously, I think she was pretty nice in her answer. The legal bit was kind of silly, but perhaps she feels compelled to be...firm?
I think Jana is referring to that infamous incident of the person who sued Stevie and accused her of plagiarizing "Sara" because a tape of a "similar" song was sent to Stevie. I believe Mama now has a policy of sending back any tape unopened to avoid this kind of situation in the future.

Otherwise, I LOLed at Jana's very Christian way of saying "Quit sending your **** to me; I ain't Stevie's step 'n' fetch it!"
Old 03-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I have absolutely no doubt that Jana and everyone else working for Stevie in that way are under some pretty strict orders concerning this sort of thing. Either implied or more likely, i.m.o., overtly. They know people will try this sort of thing and they need to keep it down to a dull roar. I'm sure to a point they hate to be "dream busters" but of course, it's not Stevie's job to make the career of every single wannabe that would come their way. I think Jana and the rest probably understand all this implicitly - and who could blame them for not wanting to take ANY kind of chance of blowing such a great gig, when no one (including the wannabe, I bet) has any hope of anything good coming out of it?

Maybe this is a little "blunt" but, anyone hoping to break into the business this way has absolutely no chance of making it in the business, and "doesn't have what it takes."
i.m.o., Jana's response went above-and-beyond the call of duty.
She had already repeatedly told her "no."

P.S. - This reminds me of the initial auditions for American Idol, where they totally sing off-key and then start begging for a "second chance" because they're OH so sure they have SO much talent. i.m.o., anybody who had ANY chance at all of winning would say, "oh ok, sorry it didn't work out listen I HAVE to run, I have 3 interviews down the street lined up so hopefully things will work out there - gotta go, BYE!" If that person was sincere about wanting to "break into the business," etc., she'd get an agent and do a thousand auditions the way Jana did. Honest opinion, not only is she going about things all wrong, she's essentially "stalking" Jana. I think her response was more than kind; some people probably would be threatening to call the cops at that point.

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 03-23-2010 at 09:43 PM..
Old 03-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Disney Pictures

Hotel Palm Trees

Country Inn Building LOL

Hollywood Studios
[img]http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs483.ash1/26458_391039756352_682761352_4248717_132238_n.jpgp/img]

Hollywood Studios

Epcot

BFFS

CRAZY Acrobats

Sunset

Illuminations Fireworks

More Pics here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=3e8cb70d78

~Love, Caitlin~

Last edited by Enchanted_Stevi; 03-23-2010 at 10:07 PM..
Old 03-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome photos, Caitlin!
I especially like the photos at Epcott Center.

Glad you guys had a good time.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Disney Pictures

Chip and Dale

My high school band marching at Magic Kingdom. Ashley is the 2nd flute in...

Animal Kingdom

Sunburn and Mickey ears LOL

Gaylord Palms xD

Plane ride home

naptime

More Pics here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=8aba3cf697

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 03-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you're right, she was nice. the legal thing is what made me laugh. it might cause stevie legal problems to listen to unsolicited demos, but to say it's illegal for her to do so? that's funny.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Registered

Quote:
you're right, she was nice. the legal thing is what made me laugh. it might cause stevie legal problems to listen to unsolicited demos, but to say it's illegal for her to do so? that's funny.
Maybe Lars Ulrich lives next door and she's being overly cautious, lest he burst in wielding a flaming James Hetfield and confiscate all the tapes because they may or may not contain a chord that may or may not have appeared on "Until It Sleeps"?

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 03-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Maybe Lars Ulrich lives next door and she's being overly cautious, lest he burst in wielding a flaming James Hetfield and confiscate all the tapes because they may or may not contain a chord that may or may not have appeared on "Until It Sleeps"?
"wielding a flaming james hetfield."

omg.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

my mind is numb
Old 03-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Registered

Quote:

omg.

Hey, a flaming James Hetfield makes for a formidable and practical weapon. No license or permit required - just wait for him to set himself on fire again and then use him like a fencing foil.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 03-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

omg.

I know, right? lol Zombie slays me.

Caitlin- so glad you had a good time-great pictures!
Old 03-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ahhh...TMZ..JTIS

a former high level, female executive with West Coast Choppers settled a sexual harassment lawsuit against Jesse James and West Coast Choppers for more than $700,000 in 2007, while he was married to Sandra Bullock ... according to documents.

The woman claimed between 2006 - 2007, Jesse James repeatedly made sexual advances, which allegedly included sexual acts.

The woman kept several suggestive emails from Jesse. In one email in 2007, which is included in the file, Jesse wrote to the woman, "Need anything before I split?" She responded, "Some Tums." Jesse replied, "I have some special fluid that you can drink and it makes it all better ...."

And, she claims after an oral encounter with Jesse, she kept a telltale Clintonesque T-shirt.

The woman quit in 2007 and hired Gloria Allred's law firm to represent her. No lawsuit was ever filed, but on September 27, 2007, the matter settled for $725,000.

I can see why she choked her acceptance speech when mentioning the dickwheat.
IMO the whisper/cheek bit between them before she went up was...awkward.
IMO somewhere out in the back of her mind, based on her previous experiences with him, she had to know something was happening.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
Jesse replied, "I have some special fluid that you can drink and it makes it all better ...."
How old is he? 13? If a grown-ass man ever said something like that to me not in jest (perhaps even if he said it in jest), I would punch him in the neck, not engage in his extra-marital affair.

In other news, my son just announced to me, "MOM. A mole fell out of my mouth!"

"...wat."

"A mole. Look!"

And he holds out his hand, and lo, there is a molar on his palm. Oh. A MOLAR.

I was thinking small brown rodent with funny nose at first. Glad this turned out not to be the case.

PS - Hee hee, Jannie.

Last edited by Zombie; 03-24-2010 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Riding the short bus today.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
ahhh...TMZ..JTIS

[SIZE="1"], Jesse wrote to the woman, "Need anything before I split?" She responded, "Some Tums." Jesse replied, "I have some special fluid that you can drink and it makes it all better ...."

Unless there's a clear pattern of context and other proof here, I for one would be cautious about over-interpreting this. It may very well have actually for real been an innocent remark. Be careful what you believe, folks, there's a LOT of predators out there looking to make an easy buck.

i.m.o. that's the real reason John Kinney set it up so you can't curse in Nicksfix chat. All somebody would have had to do is get a username and password, log in, bide their time and then get a screen capture of somebody cursing, and then sue Stevie for a million bucks over how "emotionally denoberated" their kid was when he or she saw it. ka-ching.

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 03-24-2010 at 08:59 PM..