User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
I felt so awkward when the interviewer was like "Lindsey, as Stevie said, it's as if those 16 years didn't exist..." I mean it is sort of insulting to the Say You Will album Seriously though it makes me feel bad, sure FM only made one record, one EP and went out on a couple of "hits" tours, but I get the feeling that LB feels he at least tried to keep things going and that kind of comment probably undermines that a bit
I know. I wish someone had given her 5 questions that were more tailored to each member. They could have an intern do a quick review of the member and find a question relevant to them, in particular.

Michele
Old 10-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can understand Stevie not wanting to hit A LOT of high notes throughout a show in order to make it through a six month tour...but good Lord, woman! Give us something! Surely she can hit at least one or two high notes per song...it's not like it's going to ruin her voice or anything. That version of Gypsy was pitiful. She sings the bridge WAY too low for it to have any emotional impact whatsoever...and when the ending came and she started singing, "I still see your..." I thought to myself, "Belt it girl!!!"...but no, she went low again for "...bright eyesssss..." Boo.

This song should officially be retired from the set in my opinion. I'm considering buying a ticket for Nashville next March. They go on sale Monday. But if the performances are going to be so lackluster, I think I'd rather save my money. Granted I've only seen a few YouTube videos of their shows this past week. Musically it sounds great but where is the passion and love of playing? The performances this morning seemed like a chore to them. Lindsey looked so unhappy during the interview.

Sorry to rant. I will FOREVER love this band. I've seen them put on some really great live shows in the past...but the performances here and some of the recent YouTube videos make me worry.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
just after the end of soundcheck -

they left really fast after the soundcheck ended. Stevie seemed really grumpy and annoyed before/after the soundcheck, like she really didn't want to be there. Christine was her usual sunny self, like a kid in the candy store, happy to be back. Mick was Mick. John looked like he really doesn't want to be bothered. Lindsey seemed to have had a lot of friendly discussions with some guy who looked like maybe a show producer or stage manager or something?

they came back out a bit after 8, did The Chain, then they prepared the chairs and the stage for the interview (i think, it's all melting together), did The Chain again after the interview (one was for airwaves another for tv or something like that? they soudchecked The Chain twice too, i only recorded the first one). they were hanging around and then came back for the second The Chain, Little Lies, Gypsy and GYOW.

in between Lindsey was goofing off with the audience (seemed like most audience calls were for him, maybe 80-90%, with practically non-stop "Lindsey!! Lindsey!" to my utter surprise and astonishment (and it was mostly not even us!). maybe because they knew he will be the one to acknowledge people and react back. seemed like he knew a lot of fans in the audience too, saying hi and smiling left and right, making duck faces, etc. he also had a lot of discussions with what seemed to have been the today show crew, lots of talk and joking around with them and with the rest of the band - mostly John and Chris. basically Lindsey was in a great mood off camera, plus tons of calls for him from the photographers/press on the side, that's when he was completely goofing off and making all those funny faces some of which were posted above.

Chris again really happy, Mick tried to rile up the audience couple of times. Stevie seemed highly annoyed with everything in between recordings, like something is completely not going the way she would have like to, but she would quickly turn on the charm every time tv cameras were rolling, in contrast to Lindsey who every time tv cameras were rolling, like before the interviews, would make that stupid face he makes when he tries to stop laughing and be all serious.

in any case, it was great to see them between the takes and during preps for filming, who talks to whom, who jokes with whom, and just watch them in front of us for like 40 or so minutes. at the end of it after GYOW the band came back up to pose for group photos. there are tons of those captured all over twitter.
That's what would interest me most. The rehearsals are more interesting than the broadcast performances for that reason.

Talking to a show producer, eh? Maybe Lindsey is trying out for a job at NBC. Chelsea Clinton gave up her lucrative gig, so they've got an opening for him.

I suppose Stevie is gearing up for her Morrison Gallery appearance later on.

Thank you for the review.

Michele
Old 10-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
just after the end of soundcheck -
Awwww. You caught Lindsey and John patting each other. Michele
Old 10-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't let the bloggers get you down...they love to hate. Doesn't matter how good or bad someone is. Did Christine sound perfect? No, but it's freaking really early in the am. Any singer will tell how horrible it is to sing that early. Listen to your own voice in the morning and how much deeper it is.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Yay! Thank you.

Group picture in high quality here: http://postimg.org/image/x3guyzexn/full/
Wow, that is an amazing picture!! Way to go.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
TV mixes are notoriously bad. Morning shows are the worst. It doesn't matter to me, I've seen two shows with many more to go. They sound great. I am thrilled with the reunion. Rock on.
Right on, this is the attitude I love. I agree, I'm going to 2 shows, going to enjoy and rock on. It's the soundtrack of my life.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilsrain View Post
After watching the interviews, reitch issues. I totally forgot that this is a 7 AM east coast thing. They've been on west coast time and have "work" typically 8 PM - 11 PM which means they're probably typically up til 2-3 at the very earliest each night. So big time adjustment for one.

Now having attempted to sing first thing in the morning vs after warming up at night and all that in recording in my 20s... let alone literally out in the cold in NY AM with 70 year olds, well, it's quite obvious what occurred just from a psychical perspective. I know my vocals can't stretch well and I have pitch issues as well as sustain/control issues just from the tightness in my throat and there's not much you can do about it under those kinds of conditions. It's amazing that they sounded as good as they did, honestly with that kind of strain.

Now that I've thought about that, nothing to worry about regarding their quality overall and at shows.
Most intelligent comment in this entire thread. Spot on!!
Old 10-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I can understand Stevie not wanting to hit A LOT of high notes throughout a show in order to make it through a six month tour...but good Lord, woman! Give us something! Surely she can hit at least one or two high notes per song...it's not like it's going to ruin her voice or anything. That version of Gypsy was pitiful. She sings the bridge WAY too low for it to have any emotional impact whatsoever...and when the ending came and she started singing, "I still see your..." I thought to myself, "Belt it girl!!!"...but no, she went low again for "...bright eyesssss..." Boo.

This song should officially be retired from the set in my opinion. I'm considering buying a ticket for Nashville next March. They go on sale Monday. But if the performances are going to be so lackluster, I think I'd rather save my money. Granted I've only seen a few YouTube videos of their shows this past week. Musically it sounds great but where is the passion and love of playing? The performances this morning seemed like a chore to them. Lindsey looked so unhappy during the interview.

Sorry to rant. I will FOREVER love this band. I've seen them put on some really great live shows in the past...but the performances here and some of the recent YouTube videos make me worry.
I agree with all of this. BUT, I saw them at MSG on 10/7, and they were on fire (in my opinion). Far better than this early morning live performance. I've never loved any live versions of Gypsy, but I was pleasantly surprised by how good it sounded this time around - much better than last tour.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This may not have been Stevie's best performance of Gypsy but she still easily had the best vocals of the three..Christine seems to have lost her singing ability.. so sad but she is over 70..

Old 10-10-2014, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not the best environment to judge whether someone has or has not lost their singing ability. Christine clearly hasn't, she was just flat at times. Probably in part because of the weather and time of day. I didn't think Stevie sounded very good (thought Christine was definitely better and Lindsey sounds like he always does), but I also felt the sound mix didn't do her any favors.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 10-10-2014 at 01:09 AM..
Old 10-10-2014, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Rock stars don't get up and sing in the morning. All of our voices struggle to get going in the morning when you sing.
I just got the vibe the band was not happy or too interested to do this gig. It is great promotion for the tour but almost every stop is sold out so they don't need to do Today. But FM used the press and Today to promote the extended tour so it makes sense.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Any time they have performed on The Today Show I have always been disappointed in the performance...but when I see them in the arena setting on whatever tour they are on, they have been amazing!
Old 10-10-2014, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy333 View Post
Any time they have performed on The Today Show I have always been disappointed in the performance...but when I see them in the arena setting on whatever tour they are on, they have been amazing!

Too early in the morning.FM are not morning people including me.I work better after 12PM myself.Macfan4life.On the playback .I did notice Chris was slight off key on Little Lies but she performed great.Stevie and Lindsey were great for a morning performance.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For those who were there .What did the band do in the meantime between performances .Did they chat with the fans.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016