The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Ledgie

Hmm..so it seems like the biggest difference is that they are now enforcing the announcements they made but didn’t follow through on in Columbus (cameras, authographs, etc.). DON’T TOUCH STUFF seemed like it was the only one truly enforced there. Of course, I’m sure it didn’t help that in Columbus they tried to have a plan and Mick came in and just rearranged everything when they tried to do it lol. Thanks for sharing, Regina!

Also, the same about the tickets was true for Columbus. You could have easily just taken your ticket and left if you didn't want to do the M&G.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Ledgie

Thanks so much for the details about the process, Gypsyrhiannon! Sounds like it was worth the investment! Getting excited now!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What were the questions? Did anyone ask about Christine's visit?
Old 04-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes...some asked about the visit. Mick said it inspired her to write for the first time in a long time.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Yes...some asked about the visit. Mick said it inspired her to write for the first time in a long time.
Ha! Write for what purpose? Surely not just to entertain her doggies.

I say she's writing with a goal in mind.

Michele
Old 04-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Junior Ledgie

Were you able to purchase merchandise before they let the masses in or did you have to wait until they officially opened the doors?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaM View Post
Were you able to purchase merchandise before they let the masses in or did you have to wait until they officially opened the doors?
Yes, in Philly we were able to. They were pretty great about that and just making us go through the motion of scanning our ticket. Luckily, they didn't make us go back outside and wait with the masses with their noses up against the glass.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:00 AM
Ledgie

Security think they are so slick saying no personalisations - all to save two seconds - makes it easier for people to stick stuff on ebay to get some of their money back.

this meet and greet sounds like they zap all of the fun out of it.

Security love it dont they. Makes them feel important for 10 minutes.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

We didn't have the opportunity to do merch beforehand in Columbus - probably just as well as I would have trampled it, lol.

As for the autographs, personalizations are what make it special. If I just wanted a generic autograph I could buy it off Ebay - I believe you can typically find an autographed photo of Mick Fleetwood for $10-$15. I would think he would want to personalize them in order to keep people from selling them - Don Felder actually INSISTS on personalizing any autographs he gives for this reason. But yeah, it saves Mick about 5 seconds per person, which adds up to saving him what - a little over two minutes total?

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-08-2013 at 06:51 AM..
Old 04-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
We didn't have the opportunity to do merch beforehand in Columbus - probably just as well as I would have trampled it, lol.

As for the autographs, personalizations are what make it special. If I just wanted a generic autograph I could buy it off Ebay - I believe you can typically find an autographed photo of Mick Fleetwood for $10-$15. I would think he would want to personalize them in order to keep people from selling them - Don Felder actually INSISTS on personalizing any autographs he gives for this reason. But yeah, it saves Mick about 5 seconds per person, which adds up to saving him what - a little over two minutes total?
did anyone ask about a dvd release of the tour?
Old 04-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Ah...
So glad to hear that! Do you or does anybody else know something more specific?
Did Mick say anything about her contributing something to the forthcoming EP, for example?

Old 04-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

These Meet and greets are vastly different then the ones they did in 2009. When I did the meet and greet in Ottawa it was just me and a friend and we got to ask him many questions. He also asked signed several items and they didn't rush us at all. We are on the stage and I don't recall being told anything about not touching anything or taking pictures with your phone or camera. They also emailed the pictures to you to print out.

I am not a fan of group meet and greets myself since the more people going the less time you personally get to spend with the artist as they are having to sign things, take pictures etc. It all feels rushed in some cases.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
But yeah, it saves Mick about 5 seconds per person, which adds up to saving him what - a little over two minutes total?
And the rush is manufactured anyway. He knows he is going to do this. He knows how many people have meet and greet tickets beforehand. There's ample opportunity to schedule all the time he needs. It's perfectly plannable. The whole thing with the handler standing by to tell him to hurry, even though he earnestly wants to stay, seems a bit staged.

Michele
Old 04-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

celebrities always have some handler who plays the role of the bad guy cutting the celebrity short and rushing them off to the next thing even tho the celeb would just looove to stay and chat more with the fans etc..... Lets the celeb look like the good guy by never having to tell fans no. So I'm not surprised there's someone there playing that role. It does seem a bit much when it's a couple of hours or so before the show and there is a set window of time allotted specifically for the meet and greet. To rush Mick along during that window does seem unnecessary (unless things really are getting backed up, certain fans hogging the celeb or whatever).
Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Good question about leaving the venue. I would prefer it if they would just give me my ticket and let me leave for 2.5 hours. Go get somethng to eat or something. Michele
Just an FYI, I picked up my ticket an hour ago without issue and am now a couple blocks down 7th enjoying an early dinner and cocktails. I do intend to go back to the m&g though. I picked up the ticket at the regular will call window.