Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I hear ya.

I don't really even have parties anymore because of this kind of crap. When I invite people over I make sure I don't even call it a party. I ask them to come over for "drinks" and to "hang out". Truth be told, I have a lot more fun with a group of 7-10 friends that I do with 35-60 "friends" who are only there to drink and eat for free.
I know! And people don't understand why I try to pare the guest list down to 12-15. I ENJOY myself when that's the number. Good god, when there are 35 people here....know what I become? Their servant. It's not enjoyable for me, trying to entertain that many people. A dozen good people(again, no weeds), makes for an enjoyable evening!

But yeah, feelings get hurt, by those not invited. I'm not quite sure how to remedy that situation...because hurt feelings certainly isn't my intent...
Old 06-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Next time you're in town, hit me up! I think you and I should tear Nashville a new one, instead!
Hell YEAH!!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Just dropped my guitar and accidentally wrote an Iron and Wine song.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Just dropped my guitar and accidentally wrote an Iron and Wine song.
OMFG, someone just posted the exact same thing on FB!

Old 06-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
OMFG, someone just posted the exact same thing on FB!

I couldn't help myself. Just proud of my achievement. I've noticed over the last while just how repetitive their songs are, and I swear the notes out of my guitar sounded exactly like a segment of Trapeze Swinger. Maybe I've discovered their composition method.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS...

That I was suppose to see my dad today to make up for not seeing him on Fathers Day....he called me today randomly so I figured "oh hes gonna say something came up and we cant get together...like he always does..." well I answered and he was like "Caitlin....I love you....I have some bad news" so if course I thought he was gonna say we couldnt get together...Well he was like "Uncle Jim is no longer with us..." of course I was shocked and was like "WHAT?!" he continued to say that he broke into his house and found him hung in the basement...he committed suicide last night...So if course I broke down...and my dad cried as well which I have never heard/seen before...but after seeing your brother hanging how can you not be scarred...

I wasnt too close with my Uncle Jim so I didnt know too much about what was going on with him...but I knew he had some health problems and stuff....My dad was gonna fill me in later...

I am devistated

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 06-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Enchanted,
what happened to you and your family is terrible. There are no right words at times like this. All I can tell you is try to be strong for your dad, be close to him because he'll need your emotional support. TIt will take a long time before he'll feel better, specially because what happened is something so unexpected and extreme, certainly unimaginable for him. I offer you my condolences.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
JTIS...

That I was suppose to see my dad today to make up for not seeing him on Fathers Day....he called me today randomly so I figured "oh hes gonna say something came up and we cant get together...like he always does..." well I answered and he was like "Caitlin....I love you....I have some bad news" so if course I thought he was gonna say we couldnt get together...Well he was like "Uncle Jim is no longer with us..." of course I was shocked and was like "WHAT?!" he continued to say that he broke into his house and found him hung in the basement...he committed suicide last night...So if course I broke down...and my dad cried as well which I have never heard/seen before...but after seeing your brother hanging how can you not be scarred...

I wasnt too close with my Uncle Jim so I didnt know too much about what was going on with him...but I knew he had some health problems and stuff....My dad was gonna fill me in later...

I am devistated
I'm sorry for your family's loss. *Sends good thoughts and karma your way*. I'm sure you don't need to be told, but be good to your Father for a while. Seeing anybody take their own life is scarring, especially if that person is somebody dear to your heart. I saw my neighbour hang himself years ago and it's always stuck with me. There's probably a long list of people before me, but if you ever need to talk to anybody don't hesitate to PM me. I'm told I make a good listener.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post
Hi Enchanted,
what happened to you and your family is terrible. There are no right words at times like this. All I can tell you is try to be strong for your dad, be close to him because he'll need your emotional support. TIt will take a long time before he'll feel better, specially because what happened is something so unexpected and extreme, certainly unimaginable for him. I offer you my condolences.
Thanks....I'm more in shock now then anything....I havent heard from my dad in a few hours....it sucks having my dad and his family live like 45 minutrs away.....

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 06-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sorry for your family's loss. *Sends good thoughts and karma your way*. I'm sure you don't need to be told, but be good to your Father for a while. Seeing anybody take their own life is scarring, especially if that person is somebody dear to your heart. I saw my neighbour hang himself years ago and it's always stuck with me. There's probably a long list of people before me, but if you ever need to talk to anybody don't hesitate to PM me. I'm told I make a good listener.
Oh I will be good to my dad for awhile LOL Not that I'm not already becvause I am a good daughter...sadly we just dont see or talk to eachother as much as we should....OMG I dont even want to imagine seeing something like that!!! I'm glad my dad didnt have to watch it happen...but seeing your brother just hang there in its self must be just as bad =(

Thanks for the support...I'll def send you a PM if I need any venting or anything

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 06-21-2012, 04:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm opening my gallery show today. Nervous Bee is nervous!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Bee, I'm sure you'll be a complete success! Have more faith in yourself. You are an amazing artist.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
JTIS...

I am devistated
Caitlin, so very sorry to hear about this. I know it must have been a huge shock. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Will it is hot as a mother here the last couple of days.I don't mind the heat.I hope all of you Ledgies are keeping cool.

I like to find out whats the extended forcast for the Jones Beach show next friday.
the other show that I'm attending are inside.

We had our fair share of strange weather at JB over the years.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's pills for that.

How did the show go?