User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Oh, good Lord, secondary school. I tip my hat to anyone who can handle primary school, it's my idea of hell.
Tell me about it. So many of my friends cannot understand why I want to teach secondary, but in my eyes primary is tougher. I think you need the patience of a saint to teach primary. Imagine being with one class all day. Least I can get rid of my class after an hour is they are driving me mad

Old 02-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
It depends on where you work. Caitlin needs to get her experience where she is and work her way up to a better salon where people actually tip appropriately for the services they receive.
Didn't she say her salon is located inside a Wal Mart? That would explain het lousy tips.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another good read for any Florida lover

Home Sweet Home

It has been my pleasure to call the Gulf Coast home for most of my life. I was
born in Miami, and raised in Bradenton. And though I left after graduating from the University of South Florida in Tampa for three-year stays in Atlanta and New York City, my heart never really left the Gulf Coast.

So, when I had finally had my fill of the Big Apple, there was little question of where I would go next.

It was time to come home.

I’ve been back in Sarasota since sometime in the late 1980s. I can’t tell you exactly when, because my short-term memory got lost somewhere along the way.

And while I have never regretted my decision to come home, I also have neglected to take advantage of being back in what I consider to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Until recently.

A friend and co-worker and I decided we needed to see exactly what had changed on Gulf Coast beaches over the years. While both of us live within 15 minutes of the beach, neither of us had been out there in years.

And so we took a trek that began on Siesta Key beach and ended at the City Pier on Anna Maria Island. And, once again, I had the opportunity to fall in love with this place I call home.

There was the sheer beauty of Siesta Key beach, the many faces of Lido Beach—from its family-friendly southern end, to its busy center built around a beautiful pool and pavilion, and its more serene northern end, my personal favorite. But then we came to the beaches of my youth, north of the Manatee Public Beach and out on the City Pier, where my father and I spent so much time fishing and shelling. In fact, the last time I had been to the pier was with my father more than 15 years ago, before he passed away.

So now I am ready to go beyond those beautiful beaches to some of the other things that are so easy to love here on the Gulf Coast. It’s time to re-experience the Ringling Museum, Selby Gardens, Mote Marine, Myakka and Oscar Scherer, not to mention some of the cultural offerings, galleries and more.

In short, it’s time to re-experience other pieces from the puzzle of my youth, and in the process, fall in love all over again with this place I call home.

Gayle Guynup
Old 02-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello everyone how are you?

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 02-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
So what is the breakdown of one's cashflow working in a salon? I've always wondered. For instance, when I was in college I waited tables and got a very low base salary (something like $2.50/hr) and pretty much had to survive on tips, which were highly variable. Some days I'd go home with $10 after working 16 hours, sometimes I'd make $300 in the 3 hour dinner shift. Is it the same working in salons, or are the tips just icing on the cake?
Well the salon I'm at is either $8/hr or commision...by the end of the week they calculate how many clients/sales you had and if its more then like $18/hr then you get more?!?!...or something like that i'm still trying to figure it out.....T hen I keep my tips....

Some salons are booth rental...and you have to pay the owner for the booth space and stuff....so you need like a ton of clients LOL

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 02-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I am a bit appalled that, after four hours of work, you get only $13 in tips. That is just beyond ridiculous. I just can't believe people... they all want something for nothing. It isn't like a restaurant where a server is dealing with multiple customers simultaneously; each of your customers has your sole undivided attention for half an hour or more. And isn't a perm, like, at least $60 or more? You should have been tipped at least $15 from that alone. Geez... If someone gave me, like, a $5 tip after doing a long, expensive service, I would just tell them to keep it. Obviously they need the money more than me.
Ridiculous?? I was actually juggling the perm and a haircut at the same time because we were so busy....The perm was only $38.....which is cheap!!! People can tip me or any hairdresser ANYWAY they want...in hair school I'd be lucky if I even got a $3 tip in a client for a perm....The fact that SOMEONE gave them their undivided attention for those 30 min-a couple hours and making you feel beautiful is worth how ever much of a tip they wanna give....being a hairdresser is more difficult then it looks!! If you spent 2 hours on someones hair and they loved it and wanted to give you a $5 tip thats their way of saying how good you did...JUST like a waitress...if you get excellent service you give a bigger tip....

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 02-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Didn't she say her salon is located inside a Wal Mart? That would explain het lousy tips.
I'm not expecting to get $15-$20 tips....I feel amazing even getting ANY tip! Its not about the tips its about making the client feel amazing and good about themselves

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 02-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just drank a shamrock milkshake from McDonalds and ate a McDonalds caramel sundae. Not good for my waistline but damned delicious .
Old 02-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi, Good Morning Everyone, how is everyone doing?

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 02-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFleetwood View Post
Hi, Good Morning Everyone, how is everyone doing?
I just got my once a week massage and I feel great.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just got my once a week massage and I feel great.
I could go for a massage lol

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 02-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had a wicked good day at work today! Worked 8 hours and had a ton of clients...and I sold a ton of hair products...I'm starting to get more comfortable with everything but still iffy about stuff..

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 02-14-2012, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a blind date set up for Valentine's day with Hector T. I asked him, "what do you want to do when you come over here?" He said, "whatever you say."

Now that's my type of date.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
I had a wicked good day at work today! Worked 8 hours and had a ton of clients...and I sold a ton of hair products...I'm starting to get more comfortable with everything but still iffy about stuff..
I'm glad for you.My mom was a hairdresser for years when I was little Later she got into teaching the trade at a state trade school with my step dad and got a excellent pension.Hahahaha.Later on you can probably bring some Stevie photos in to help your clients decide what kind of hairstyle to get.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have a blind date set up for Valentine's day with Hector T. I asked him, "what do you want to do when you come over here?" He said, "whatever you say."

Now that's my type of date.
Have a nice time.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016